It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a demon that fits this description?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I had a very unusual dream about a demon. The striking feature of this demon was a pentagram as part of it's head and face. The face was merged with the pentagram. The face was that of an oger; or hobgoblin.

The body had cloven feet and a tail. I think it had small wings; if it had wings at all.

The demon was very bad; it was very manipulative and would even appear as a drawing in a book at one point in the dream. It was trying to attack me; so I thought I would ask it this fits any real-life descriptions of any demons.

I tried to google but found nothing... knowledgeable ATS members are my last resort.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Demons can take any form and use whatever method they want. But, they cannot trick you into thinking it is jesus coming out of the sky.

Most used method is coming to you as a dead relative.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
some will say that everything "ghost" or paranormal are infact demons. But like everyone there are good and bad demons, some worst than others. But all of this is all fiction, you make it real by believing in it.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

I am not saying I believe it's a demon per say; rather if someone familiar with demonology would recognize the description and have a name and some reference *if* such a demon exists in our culture.

I am trying to figure out how my imagination would just conjure such an image and creature; there must be a worldly influence to this information in my dream.

It is very interesting to think that it might actually exist in our current culture; or is just a wonderfully strange and odd conjuring of my own imagination.

@jhill76 Thanks for the insight

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02
some will say that everything "ghost" or paranormal are infact demons. But like everyone there are good and bad demons, some worst than others. But all of this is all fiction, you make it real by believing in it.

See that is funny. We don't actually know if it's real or not since we have no personal experience.

However, I have seen enough truly messed up things in my life, that I am willing to be open to possibilities I have been previously blowing off as impossible.

I think there is a chance that these bizarre "ethereal entities" we label as demons, may actually exist in a physical sense.

What such a creature or entity actually is? No clue.
Is it ET? No clue.
Extra dimensional? No clue.
Is it ghost-like? Still I have no clue.

But I will not write it off so fast. I am willing to consider the possibility that they may in fact exist.

Consider the fact that countless cultures and societies throughout human history from all over the world, believe in these malevolent types of things we in the West call "Demons".

Really if we view it from a multi-cultural world-wide point of view, it starts to look like Demons have tons and tons of reports, anecdotal evidence is virtually surrounding us in an ocean of literature.

Also consider this, how could anyone have made it up in the first place? It is so absurd and unrealistic that I seriously doubt anyone would be creative enough to invent it and for it to propagate this far.

It just seems to me, there is actually some sort of chance this absurd ridiculous thing called "demons" may actually have some form of truth to it after all. And that I must say, is quite disturbing.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
The striking feature of this demon was a pentagram as part of it's head and face.

dick (no-heartbeat) cheney ?

[edit on 18-7-2010 by ::.mika.::]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming...drawing in a book ...

When I read that I thought of the Codex Gigas.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
do a google image search of "the goat of mendes"

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Student X

When I read that I thought of the Codex Gigas.

en.wikipedia.org...

You have introduced better results for this image... There are striking similarities in the face and head here, suffice to say... the pentagram not the scale circle head piece.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6bc4d29af6bb.jpg[/atsimg]

Which in turn allowed me to google this image using devil instead of demon... which now between these two images; are much closer to what I saw.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/73636ceea88b.jpg[/atsimg]

It would be a merger of the two, the head from the first on the body of the second with the pentagram worked in... and that is much closer to what it looked like.

Interesting. Devil, not demon here in my dream.

What do you think that means?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

I would say it means forces in your subjective psyche, or maybe in the objective psyche (as above so below), are moving. I've had encounters with evil forces recently too. Just brush them aside and carry on.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Student X]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by shagreen heart
do a google image search of "the goat of mendes"

Interesting to see the pentagram working in; but it was certainly not goat faced. However, I think the two images above really share a compelling similarity to this image and changed the context from demon to devil.

Now if there is such a message or meaning here, I don't know. My curiosity however is nearly satisfied. I just need to see if I can find an image that most strikingly matches the dream... back to google for me.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

my advice to you is to not go looking for demons. it tried to influence you in some way, and it seems to be working. there is nothing about this enemy you need to know besides the fact that it is your enemy. divine it from your mind with the sword of Christ.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

I'm certainly not looking for it; or seeking it out. The fact is; I never have this context in any of my dreams. It struck me as being so outside my usual scope of the normal that I just felt compelled to see if there is anything cultural that might have stirred such an image and experience.

The devil seems to fit the context; I just interpreted the data as being a demon due to my lack of belief in this particular area.

I'm not going to give it too much thought; I'm just glad I asked because it seems to have some very striking similarities to artwork posted above. The last thing I want is to dance with the devil or any evil forces for that matter.

Love all the way for me; evil is not my cup of tea.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Cloven hoof, wings, pentagram..I think you were dreaming a generalization of a demon....

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
try Asmodeus and/or Baphomet.

here is an idea about demons/angels that isn't expressed very much but it is logical and fits in with the fact that balance is of supreme importance as part of the foundation of *reality* - balance is strength and is essential.

the simplest way to explain the concept of balance is with the yin-yang symbol.
everything must have its inverse, obverse, opposite, etc.

so if you think of angels as the "good" qualities of mankind, then the demons are the "bad" counterparts and there are a pair for every possibility.

such as lust and chastity
laziness and industry
honesty and deception
meekness and aggression

the angel is the reformed good of the demon

in Revelation, it says Michael cast out the dragon.
and in the letters of John, it says that perfect love casts out fear.

the angel of love is the demon of fear...depending on the job to be done.

all things are of GOD.
period.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Did it look like this?

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
A couple of red flags jumped out at me from your original post. You said it had the face of an oger or hobgoblin? The first thing that jumped out to me was "this person is a gamer". I checked your profile and found out that yes, you are a gamer. You have already admitted to having dreams based on games here.

I am not familiar with the creatures in WoW, but you may want to browse a bastiary for the game for possible influences. I know pentagrams are fairly common in the game.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

I won't argue that gaming could inspire this image, however the specifics of it clearly are illustrated in these above images. The similarities are very striking if I were to merge the two.

That said, I know I have not seen the image in real life, but that doesn't mean some image in our reality didn't help shape or conjure this image. If it was from wow, I am positive I could identify it immediately.

The fact is, it's strictly a dream conjured image right now and the pieces are falling in place as to what context the message was.

@took red pill No, but that is a very interesting picture.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I've always loved symbolism and dream interpreting. Although its said that the best person to interpret a dream is the dreamer themselves because only they know what certain symbols mean to themself.

However, I am wondering if perhaps this demon is a symbol of the darker half of yourself, maybe there is a part of yourself you dislike and are "attacking" it in your mind on a day to day basis? Are there things you don't like about yourself that your thinking about alot? Perhaps you need to get in touch with the darker side of yourself (we all have one know matter if we deny it or not) and come to a more balanced place with it by sending it love and acceptance.

Or perhaps there are other people in your life are always "attacking" critisizing the way you are doing things?

The Pentagram is traditionaly in Pagan symbolism actually not a sign of the devil at all but a sign of the five elements (water earth air fire and spirit) But many times people fear this symbol giving it 'evil' connotations because of christian or religious dogma.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by SomthinElseEntirely]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Apart from the head, I'm very much reminded of the archetypal Incubus imagery (particularly some old paintings, perhaps by Goya).
Not sure if that's helpful, but I immediately thought: Incubus.

[edit on 18-7-2010 by halfoldman]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join