It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a demon that fits this description?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SomthinElseEntirely

Of course we all have personal demons and issues about ourselves that we do not like. I tend to try to send love as you say to my darkside. Fortunately, I don't act on my darkside; however I agree the potential for darkness is part of the human condition.

I also look at it as part of our intellectualized survival drives. Something that I could get into, suffice to say the animalistic nature of being human.

How such dream symbolism is conjured is fascinating. You've given me lots to think about, thanks.

@halfoldman I googled Incubus, but not really meeting the imagery. I might have to try to draw it; although I think the description inspires the imagination to the nature of the beast.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
When I read the opening post , I was going to immediately reply that it was the Tarot card 'the devil'. Luckily I read through the thread and realised that it has already been mentioned.

I would have suggested that you go through Goetia and see all the descriptions and names. However, because of the pentagram-shaped face , it is more likely to be an image assigned by your subconscious.

What is important though is that your subconscious knows all the symbols and would have assigned the correct one to represent the actual vibration at the time of the dream.

So you must have erred somewhere but may not have necessarily met up with the lord of that sphere.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
Demons can take any form and use whatever method they want. But, they cannot trick you into thinking it is jesus coming out of the sky.

Most used method is coming to you as a dead relative.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

You personally know demons and how they operate? Not trying to be smart, just wondering what you will do when the "dead" rise first? How will you know the difference? Also, I've never heard of anyone having a bad experience when they thought they had seen a ghost of a dead relative. Just curious as to how you got your knowledge?

Peace

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'm not seeing anything here. You obviously are familiar with the concept of demons. You've seen pictures. You've thought about them at least once in awhile. So you have a dream about a demon? I nearly every dream I remember there are elements I can pick out and say, "Ah ha! I know where that came from!" because I did or saw something that triggered the dream element a day or two earlier. I don't think that kind of dream is anything to write home about.

Precognitive dreams are a whole different matter. I once dreamed I was stopped by the cops a few blocks from work. I saw the flashing lights and knew approximately where I was. The next morning, it happened. I had committed a mistake in driving, a rule I didn't know about. The cop let me go. I told him I had dreamed about this and he didn't want to talk about it.

Now when I dream about cops I drive REALLY carefully!

[edit on 7/18/2010 by schuyler]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by Reign02
some will say that everything "ghost" or paranormal are infact demons. But like everyone there are good and bad demons, some worst than others. But all of this is all fiction, you make it real by believing in it.

See that is funny. We don't actually know if it's real or not since we have no personal experience.

However, I have seen enough truly messed up things in my life, that I am willing to be open to possibilities I have been previously blowing off as impossible.

I think there is a chance that these bizarre "ethereal entities" we label as demons, may actually exist in a physical sense.

What such a creature or entity actually is? No clue.
Is it ET? No clue.
Extra dimensional? No clue.
Is it ghost-like? Still I have no clue.

But I will not write it off so fast. I am willing to consider the possibility that they may in fact exist.

Consider the fact that countless cultures and societies throughout human history from all over the world, believe in these malevolent types of things we in the West call "Demons".

Really if we view it from a multi-cultural world-wide point of view, it starts to look like Demons have tons and tons of reports, anecdotal evidence is virtually surrounding us in an ocean of literature.

Also consider this, how could anyone have made it up in the first place? It is so absurd and unrealistic that I seriously doubt anyone would be creative enough to invent it and for it to propagate this far.

It just seems to me, there is actually some sort of chance this absurd ridiculous thing called "demons" may actually have some form of truth to it after all. And that I must say, is quite disturbing.

In the electro-magnetic spectrum we can see between 400nm to 700nm in a spectrum ranging from 0.0005nm to 5,000,000,000nm

Think about that for a sec...

Peace

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Demon is a limited concept. Nightmares are human. Waking up is generally scary. Deal with it. At this time, we don't have a lot of badnwidth to deal with pussies. Help the minority fight or sit back and try to educate with the highest degree of risk you are comfortable with. Either way, do the most good that you are capable of and don't feel guilty for not being able to give more.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
There are lots of bad spirits, that humans lump into the Demon category.
In the past human history has called them trolls and ogres. I call them Ghouls. Below, are my collection of such beings captured in photographs.

These photos I got off the internet off completely different sites.
You can see the similiarities in the photos.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/49d0acc8e240.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/63bab7a66fa7.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c8cda0dc0cff.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7518cf7b6ec3.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c4b7719355e3.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a3b1f64e12a2.jpg[/atsimg]

These beings hang out in the earthbound realm, and can easily access us through our dreams. These spirits enjoy scaring humans just as demons do, but they rarely physically harm them or possess them on an individual basis. Although I think in the photo above, that the troll was the cause of the Malasian Bus accident. Darn trolls!

I have encountered many demons, and several possessed clients of mine. They generally enjoy announcing themselves as demons, and give you a message of some kind. If you received no message in your dream, perhaps it was a darker spirit. Which is a good thing- because having demons messing with you, is extremely trying. Ive had them messing with me for over a decade now because of the work I do, fighting them. Should you have any more encounters with this being, please feel free to U2U me and we shall discuss this further!

[edit on 19-7-2010 by xynephadyn]

[edit on 19-7-2010 by xynephadyn]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Well, I am tempted to say my mother.

No really on a serious note that sounds familiar to me and the drawing in a book very familiar, I think it's from a movie.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Sounds like you dreamed of baphomet or one of his many many evil cousins. Saying that though, if you're a wow player then there's a lot of demons that could be a cousin of baphomet too.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I tend to think its nothing more than your subconcious acting up on you. Relax, sometimes a dream is just a dream, in fact most of the time a dream is just a dream. I had a dream...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Baphomet

do a little google on that..typically for somereason most demons are portrayed as "goat headed"

Now...as I see it that probably has todo with people rying to describe things they have seen

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Replying about the dream of a description of a demon. I saw this simular image personally standing in my living room from my bedroom door in the middle of the night. I am not a gamer nor do I get off on evil looking creatures. It was very dark that night with some light from a small lamp from the kitchen. I googled the description of a demon and clicked on your statement.It was very a close description of what I had seen. It looked simular to a joker off game cards, it had a pointed chin and big black eyes outlined in white and slanted almost like cat eyes.It was hairy like a goat and its forehead had two black horns that rolled back like a ram.If I had to describe the color of it, it would be a dark grey brown mixture.I would also say it looked simular to the Christmas grinch in the face only. It is very simular to the WoW gamer images posted but I did not see the body of it only the face and only guessing how tall.It just stared at me,making sure that I saw it. I believe it was a demon and that God allowed me to see this in the spiritual realm.My daughter is experiencing seeing tall dark figures that move qickly and disappear in our home. One other time she heard an evil voice speaking in tongues right into her ear as she was walking in the kitchen. I do not wish dwell on this subject or allow it to consume me. I do know God is in control and I am not to have fear.

edit on 10-5-2011 by jonahboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
In tarot the devil means

pleasure and abandon, of wild behavior and unbridled desires.

SOURCE

Could be telling you to stop wild behavior or could be telling you to throw caution to the wind.
When I first read your description, the Devil and tarot came immediately to mind IDK Why.

And darn it someone alredy said that. Sorry.
edit on 10-5-2011 by ldyserenity because: to add stuff

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

Well, I am tempted to say my mother.

No really on a serious note that sounds familiar to me and the drawing in a book very familiar, I think it's from a movie.

I don't remember this response?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join