It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Psychology of Accessories.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Another accessory would be earrings, nose rings, nipple rings, etc...

When I see an earring on a male... it definitely throws me off just a little bit. Some guys can pull it off though.

Nipple rings are definitely in my book not too shabby... on a woman.

Nipple rings on a guy? Kinda weird. Maybe really weird.

Just goes to show how one's outward appearance and how someone presents themself greatly influences how people treat said person.

-Sol

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Aha! I thought of another one! Watches!

Who else here hates flashy watches?

-Sol

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

OMG watches - I wore a watch for most of my life, even had a Mickey Mouse watch as a kid. I retired and so did the watch - haven't wore once since and don't intend to. "Does Anyone Really Know What Time It Is".

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Cells phones most likely obliterated the watch market.

Whatever happened to the days where you would scout out someone with a watch to ask for the time? sigh....

Now the only ones left are the $10,000 diamond studded ones that business executives wear just because they can. Bastards.

-Sol

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I take back what I said about watches.

I dug one out of an old desk in my room, and am currently wearing it.

It is an Armitron watch. probably 50 bucks or so. Very interesting to have a watch. I mean seriously a blast to the past decade. I used to wear a watch as a kid. Hell, everyone did. I remember for a while they were very functional, like they had little games on them and stuff. I liked the digital ones that had the led backlight. That meant you could have the time anytime. Good times.

-Sol

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
Rings. They too have a powerful function.

...yep, to rob the vain of their money...

A wedding ring is a very strong reminder to everyone that one is married.

...really?... gosh, it sure dont seem that way considering all the cheatin' and divorce that goes on...

...historically, a wedding ring is symbol of bondage / ownership but it fits nicely into the religious marriage vows where the woman has to vow to obey her husband but he doesnt have to vow to obey her, making him the master and her the slave...

I'm not married, but in a lot of the movies, a ring on a woman's finger might keep other guys away, maybe.

...the legendary (in their own mind) skirt chasers that i've known say that some men just cant resist that old "forbidden fruit" thangy... like with kids, the fastest way to make them want something and sneak around to get a taste of it is to tell them its off limits...

Or a woman could choose to not wear her wedding ring in order to try and be more available.
I don't know. I'm not a woman. But it seems like it happens (in the movies)

...i am an old woman named after my mother - my old man is another child thats grown old - if dreams were lightening and thunder was desire, this ol' house wouldve burned down a long time ago...

...a man wrote that, lmao... a genius, for sure...

...i really am an old woman named after my mother
and i'm positive there are lots of women who remove their bondage rings before screwing around just LIKE men do...

[edit on 7/19/10 by Wyn Hawks]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
You're right about the sunglasses, OP. I often wear my shades outside, and it's interesting to note how many people stare at me when they think I'm not looking. Although I did wear them out of necessity one time when I had pink eye.

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

A wedding ring is a very strong reminder to everyone that one is married.

Cartier makes a wedding ring patterned after the design of medieval chastity belts.

Perhaps one can only truly appreciate the deeper irony of this if one has been married for awhile...

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Captain Reynolds

I see that you also have an avatar featuring sunglasses.

You are definitely cool in my book.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by SolarE-Souljah]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join