It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The infamous Turkey UFO a yacht?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

there is no spread of artificial light sources during that could make a mirage look something like that, show me a single mirage that looks like that

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Chad , Phage and Paradigm .. pleases keep it Civil, you are all making great points and contributing to the debate.. Never lose respect for the other side or you auto lose the argument, no matter what facts you then produce, you quickly turn into the idiot on the rooftop screaming 'I'm right!'

My personal opinion?

I do not think it is a yacht . maybe 1 or 2 things point to this fact but many more point to 'other' explanation...

What that 'other' is has yet to be proven imho and this is some of the best footage ever seen in modern times.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel
Chad , Phage and Paradigm .. pleases keep it Civil, you are all making great points and contributing to the debate.. Never lose respect for the other side or you auto lose the argument, no matter what facts you then produce, you quickly turn into the idiot on the rooftop screaming 'I'm right!'

My personal opinion?

I do not think it is a yacht . maybe 1 or 2 things point to this fact but many more point to 'other' explanation...

What that 'other' is has yet to be proven imho and this is some of the best footage ever seen in modern times.

best footage of what ??? a boat ?

no one has proven even in the slightest that this is a ufo ... and no one has even proven it was out of the water, UFO means Unidentified Flying Object ... there is just 0 evidence that this thing was flying at all.

until it can be proven that it was not a boat on the water, then tbh yacht or no yacht ... this is a boat of some description no a UFO or "other" unless your "other" means boat.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hinsch

The TUBITAK "analysis" was made in 2008 and was hardly a detailed analysis.
Here is a translation of the "Image Pre-evaluation Report" from TUBITAK:
English
Notice that the report says the tape was received on January 31, 2008.

Here is a scan of the report (in Turkish):
www.siriusufo.org...
Notice that the date of the report is January 31, 2008. TUBITAK received the tape and issued the report on the same day. They barely had a chance to look at it unless they had nothing else to do. If this is just a preliminary ("pre-evaluation") report, where is the final report? In any case I see only two thing of interest in the report. The truncated translation says that the tape is not CGI (I would agree with that). It also says the tape was not made in a studio (though I can't imagine how they would determine that). It says nothing else which bears on its authenticity.

Sorry, it seems that the links to the documents have been removed. Strange since they were represented as a "BREAKTHROUGH DEVELOPMENT ABOUT THE KUMBURGAZ SIGHTING IN TURKEY!!"
www.uforc.com...

Does anyone know why Sirius removed (or changed) the links?

Edited to insert revised link to original report.

[edit on 7/17/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Does anyone know why Sirius removed (or changed) the links?[edit on 7/17/2010 by Phage]

It is here now: www.siriusufo.org... (you can open the images in a new tab, they are full resolution)

I wouldn't speculate too much about the moved site/files. But of course you are right, the report does not help much.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by King Loki

how do you know its not a U.S.O? forget whatever label you wish to put on it for now .. lets just call it, an as of yet unexplained event.

... besides that's not the point, to me its the best footage of something that is unexplained and cannot be dismissed easily with the hoax axe.

I am entitled to my opinion and that opinion is it is not a Boat.

It needs to be clearly shown to be a yacht for this to be true ..

i just think that the yacht theory fits no better than any of the others at this moment in time with the evidence posted from all sides..

Although i will throw the yacht a bone ......

i don't think anyone has mentioned yet... what if the yacht crew / owner are in on the deception?. this would blow out of the water .. cough.. the needed anchor lights and log reports scenario's.. it could be rehearsed and angles carefully considered.

[edit on 17/7/10 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
At 4:30 into this video:

www.in.com...

We can clearly see the magically floating, invisible yacht in all it's glory.

And from about 3 44 on in that video you can see it above the water with a clear definition of the water that was not calm by the way, very choppy, and it had the shadow of mountains behind it.

Good spotting and memory. Thank you.

Nope, this has debunked. Not that many of the debunkings arent just personal opinions and they don't "make it so".

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Just throwing this out there but I have yet seen any hard evidence to show me that this is a yacht as stated in the title of this thread. Wether a mirage happens in the day or the night is not really relevant here. The main thing is wether this is a yacht window and are we seeing a yacht. Talking about mirage this and mirage that is fine just show the proof that what is being seen is a yacht.No one seems to be able to show the proof that this is a yacht and nothing more.No reason to keep dragging this out just lets see the yacht that this is supposed to be.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I looked at this video, UFO NEW!! BEST UFO VIDEO EVER! 13-17 May 09 - Kumburgaz, Istanbul, Turkey - Full version pretty carefully. I cannot ascribe what I saw on the video to a yacht, though that is an interesting theory. And, for what it's worth, yes the dog in the video does appear to be reacting to the object. As for the possibility of it being an air-inversion mirage; yeah, that is conceivable. Though my feeling is that is not a mirage; looks too solid and stable. Just some casual observer's notes...

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
just because you can't see the house doesn't mean it is there. da

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

It just seems odd that film footage was taken over different months and years according to the time stamps on the available videos assuming they are correct:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a593920414ca.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1291e03c5936.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2aa65479afee.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/709e9b5c56bd.jpg[/atsimg]

The yacht theory doesnt seem to fit too well. I have tried searching for yachts that may have similar shaped windows or screens and I can't find any that may have that notch(s) on top. In addition, why is the light source (Moon?) not illuminating anything else?

How can the same yacht be filmed on different occassions? The notch at the top is bizarre, especially when you look at the close up. It looks like there is a head and upper torso (paredolia?):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/acc1ca6f65a9.jpg[/atsimg]

This is strange indeed.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos40

Really interesting. That doesnt look like a yacht, not to mention another video showing the object above the waters with mountains behind.

But that humanish shape, is it like a statue or what? That is a real find. Something unusual going on here for certain.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by aspx
there is no spread of artificial light sources during that could make a mirage look something like that, show me a single mirage that looks like that

Make a mirage look like what? What exactly are you asking here?

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Someone "enhanced" a few stills, added a bit of photoshop magic and presto, aliens!

[edit on 17/7/10 by Chadwickus]

That, right there, is an authentic picture of a "Grey/Reptilian" extraterrestrial hybrid. The one on the left is turned, looking into something. The picture has not been photoshopped at all; the brightness and contrast was just increased in a photo editing program (Microsoft PictureIt) for better visibiltiy. I know because I was the person who originally posted the thread and fiddled with the brightness/contrast settings. The picture was originally released by The Sirius UFO research center by Haktan Akdogan, it is a still shot taken from the footage that was released in 2009.

[edit on 17-7-2010 by hermantinkly]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by hinsch

Thanks. Apparently the site was revised. No English translation though.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Hey, great theory! I think this is a very good explanation.

Originally posted by Regenstorm
I must admit, it does look like it but what's with the lights?
If the interior lights were on, shouldn't we see the entire windows lit? If it was a light above the windows, why don't we see more details of the boat?

[edit on 17-7-2010 by Regenstorm]

Actually, the lights make perfect sense. If the lights in the cabin were on, they could easily shine through the window, then bounce off the part of the bow that is directly under the window. This would illuminate only the shape that we saw. Due to the angle of the bow directly under the window, we would not see it illuminated as the light is reflecting back up.

I took Chadwickus' photo and drew arrows to give a visual of this (bottom right). The red arrows are the light coming from the cabin, while the blue arrows denote the reflected light, the light that ultimately illuminates outside of the craft, around the window.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ab251015153e.jpg[/atsimg]

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
By the way, have there been any new developments or footage from Turkey of this UFO? It seems to come back every summer. I haven't been on the site for awhile.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by hermantinkly

I must say that is one interesting picture. I think the one is looking for a place to put his slush puppy they just got at the 7 eleven. just kidding that is one picture that is really hard to debunk and as of yet I do not know if it has been or will be.Can't imagine what was going thru your mind when you first looked at this pic after the enhancing.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Whats the mater with you? just because i an a few others think a yacht is a ridiculous explanation you accuse us of trolling! tells me more about you than anything else, definitely not a yacht imo for what its worth in your eyes!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Originally posted by Phage

A superior mirage most often occurs in the early morning hours, when the layer of air close to the surface of the water has been cooled and has a warmer layer of air above it. Exactly as seen in the video.

[edit on 7/17/2010 by Phage]

There are a few types of places on Earth that favor these mirages. These are:

1.Dry desert regions, with exceptionally clear air. If there are no clouds and little water vapor in the sky during the night, the desert floor can cool off substantially by thermal (infrared) radiation to space. The result is a quite steep temperature inversion in the early morning that can be a change in temperature of up to 20oC in a layer of maybe a few hundred meters high. Also, deserts usually are near mountains, and distant mountain ranges provide for suitable background objects to be miraged.
Arctic regions, where the cold icy surface cools off warmer air above it. Spectacular superior mirages and the Fata Morgana are likely in regions such as the arctic seas and Antarctica.

2. High-latitude regions close to a lake or sea, during spring-time, that have had severe frost during the winter. The sea or lake water will be very cold or frozen, while the spring brings warm air that flows out over the cold water and forms a suitable temperature inversion.

3. Coastal regions bordering a desert. If the prevailing winds bring hot desert air over the cool ocean a temperature inversion may form over the water, suitable for superior miraging.

We can exclude number 1 and number 3 seeing Turkey is not in the desert. Number 2 sounds probable except:

Climate of Turkey

Although Turkey is situated in a geographical location where climatic conditions are quite temperate, the diverse nature of the landscape, and the existence in particular of the mountains that run parallel to the coasts, result in significant differences in climatic conditions from one region to the other. While the coastal regions enjoy milder climates, the inland Anatolia plateau experiences hot summers and cold winters with limited rainfall.

Because of Turkey's geographical conditions, one can not speak about a general overall climate. In Istanbul and around the sea of Marmara (Marmara region) the climate is moderate (winter 4 deg.C and summer 27 deg.C); in winter the temperature can drop below zero. In Western Anatolia (Aegean region) there is a mild Mediterranean climate with average temperatures of 9 deg.C in winter and 29 deg.C in summer. On the southern coast of Anatolia (Mediterranean region) the same climate can be found. The climate of the Anatolian Plateau (Central Anatolian region) is a steppe climate (there is a great temperature difference between day and night). Rainfall is low and there is more snow. The average temperature is 23 deg.C in summer and -2 deg.C in winter. The climate in the Black Sea area (Black Sea region) is wet, warm and humid (summer 23 deg.C, winter 7 deg.C). In Eastern Anatolia and South-Eastern Anatolia there is a long hard winter, where year after year snow lies on the ground from November until the end of April (the average temperature in winter is -13 deg.C and in summer 17 deg.C).

I would conclude the climate in Turkey is much too moderate to allow for the conditions of a superior mirage.

Source

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join