It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 Must See Documentaries

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Great collection of docos that should be on top of everyone must watch list.
you can press the annotation links at the end, an it will take you to a playlist of the full documentary

Why We Fight: This film moves beyond the headlines of various American military operations to the deeper questions of why, why does America fight? What are the forces; political, economic, and ideological, that drive them to fight against an ever-changing enemy?

The End of America: This film details the ten steps a country takes when it slides toward Fascism. It takes a historical look at trends in once-functioning democracies that are being repeated in our country today.

WAR MADE EASY: This documentary reaches into the Orwellian memory hole to expose a 50-year pattern of government deception and media spin that has dragged the United States into one war after another from Vietnam to Iraq.

TerrorStorm: Learn about historical examples of western governments covertly attacking their own civilians for political motives. Do the bombings of New York and London have any similarities to these events and why would leaders have a motive to terrorize their own civilians?

America: Freedom to Fascism: This film exposes the systematic erosion of civil liberties in America. Through interviews Russo connects the dots between money creation, federal income tax, and the national identity card which becomes law in May 2008.

The Future of Food: This film draws questions to critical attention about food production that need more public debate. Monsanto, Roundup and Roundup-resistant seeds, collectively wreaking havoc on American farmers and our agricultural neighbors around the world.

Century of the Self: This film tells the untold and sometimes controversial story of the growth of the mass-consumer society in Britain and the United States. How was the all-consuming self created, by whom, and in whose interests?

The Corporation: The documentary attempts to assess the "personality" of the corporate "person" by using diagnostic criteria from FBI consultants, compares the modern, profit-driven corporation to that of a clinically diagnosed psychopath.

BEYOND TREASON What you don't know about your government could kill you... Department of Defense documents obtained through the Freedom of Information Act expose the horrific underworld of the disposable army mentality and the government funded experimentation upon US citizens conducted without their knowledge or consent

THE POWER OF NIGHTMARES This film explores the origins in the 1940s and 50s of Islamic Fundamentalism in the Middle East, and Neoconservatism in America, parallels between these movements, and their effect on the world today

IRAQ FOR SALE The story of what happens to everyday Americans when corporations go to war. Acclaimed director Robert Greenwald takes you inside the lives of soldiers, truck drivers, widows and children who have been changed forever as a result of profiteering in the reconstruction of Iraq

ZERO: AN INVESTIGATION INTO 9/11 has one central thesis - that the official version of the events surrounding the attacks on 9/11 can not be true

INVISIBLE EMPIRE puts the final nail in the coffin of any doubts that the global elite are imposing a dictatorial world government

THE WORLD ACCORDING TO MONSANTO The World According to Monsanto is an in-depth Documentary that looks at the domination of the agricultural industry from one of the world's most insidious and powerful companies

OCCUPATION 101
Documentary on the current and historical root causes of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

ZEITGEIST ADDENDUM
The failure of our world to resolve the issues of war, poverty, and corruption, rests within a gross ignorance about what guides human behavior to begin with.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Great list. I have seen 12 of these and now I wonder if that is why I am angry all the time

There needs to be a disclaimer to people like the scene where Morpheus offers both options.

People will spark if they don't really want the truth!

I would add:

Flow the film
Food Inc
Foodmatters.tv
Raw for 30 days
The story of stuff.com

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I would add:

Ring of Power (very long, but worth it)

Esoteric Agenda

and Kymatica.

Peace to you...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Awesome collection.

i would add:

The Money Masters

The trap by adam curtiss

Collapse about Michael Ruppert

theres a great one about peak oil, but i forget the name of it

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I would add The Power of Myth

www.imdb.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this.

I have only watched a few of these and now I'm interested in seeing all of them.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I would add this one that I posted a very long time ago but no one gave a crap about....

www.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
thanks for the list, I'll have to take some time to review them but then I will give my opinions on the ones I watch. thanks.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I just got done watching Invisible Empire, even tho the producer of it Alex Jones is a lil out there... I found it pretty interesting and it covered a wide range of topics.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I usually ask what causes deformation of political systems, what brings them down msot of all throughout history, and one thing that seems primary to me it seems a "size theory". When one looks around the planet and sees populations grow one notices that your freedom becomes smaller the larger the size of population on the planet, take China, probably one of the least free on the planet, also happen to have the highest population. If one scans places of rampant population growth one can find major suffering, smaller populations mean more personal control over one's reality.

Setting aside conspiracies as secondary causes, one can realize they take shape as a result of growth doubling, forget about the idea that population control means sterility for most, what it means for all alive maybe more freedom, at least freedom from food insecurity, or wars, disaster, technological malfunction, etc. If our systems of electricty were to simply be shut down many billions would die, we are totally dependent on using up resources as fast as possible as long as we continue to grow.

More people means ALL OF US GET LESS FREEDOM, to me that means that jsut let loose humans will overrun one another and eventually war or starve each other over competition for resources, no central authority needed for resources to become scarce, many tragedies occur as a result of competition, collusion at the top means simply SURVIVAL, they aggregate and accumulate so much as to preserve their DNA survival and to hell with the rest of the world...if wars don't kill us, then disease or starvation will, no effort by those at the top maybe needed, all they have to do will be to let populations double and sit back and watch the show.

Now if one wants to avoid all of this one gets called a eugenecist or NWO hate monger. But if one were to simply study history one can see the results of advancement of technology and the expansion and then eventual contraction of this massive population. Each new science and technology perpetuates more suffering as more survive and reproduce, extending and exploding the sizes of the people that need to eat.

The grand conspiracy seems to me to center on the "size conspiracy" by which governments need excessive sizes of population in order to amass power to protect those that are threatened by the SURVIVAL SECURITY issues created. So the government takes more freedom away in order further decrease the size of our share of what maybe at stake.

Given the population of just the US and the amount of Senators one can say that it means 307,006,550 total population represented by 100 senators means each senator comes to represent the freedoms of 3,070,065 individuals. To me that seems far more repressive than the original founding of the US, and worst of all most distancing of power relations...in reality 1 person could never be capable of representing 3 million distinct individuals, so one has to ask why have we grown so large but still remained in a mindset that cannot withstand these obvious changes.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Thanks for telling us about Kymatica

Just started watching

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Man, I need to git bizzy! great thread.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Great thread and list...

As listed above, I highly recommend Kymatica and Esoteric Agenda..

Also, don't forget that there are two Zeitgeist movies.. both of which are essential as "red pills" for those who seek truth about the world around them. After you watch the first Zeitgeist, be sure and check out Zeitgeist: Addendum. Zeitgeist 3 comes out in October!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ouroborus2012

Also, don't forget that there are two Zeitgeist movies.. both of which are essential as "red pills" for those who seek truth about the world around them.

Be careful mentioning zeitgeist around here, you will be labeled as a communist or a NWO propagandist

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Pan7her

Zeitgeist has it's place/merit.

It kinda dropped the ball on some of the religion portion, but the 9/11 and financial sections were pretty well done.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Pan7her

Agreed.. But, that's no skin off my back!

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of people who frequent this site and can't wait to label somebody as a "conspiracy theorist"! Is that not what this site promotes? Is that not why it exists? Or the ones who can't wait to trash somebodies thread with "mainstream" answers.. It's sad..

That being said, I feel that independent films offer a much different view to the reality around us.. And encourages sheeple to try thinking for themselves instead of letting somebody think for them! Unfortunately, as mentioned above, lots of folks on here still beg for people to think for them as they wait for certain members to fly in and save the day with googled, regurgitated, canned answers .. Baffling indeed!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
reply to post by Pan7her

Zeitgeist has it's place/merit.

It kinda dropped the ball on some of the religion portion, but the 9/11 and financial sections were pretty well done.

i completely agree.
if it had completely left out all the religious aspects of the first zeitgeist, i think it would have had a far bigger impact than it did, but to alienate half the world because they believe in their faith was a big mistake on their behalf.

Thats why i feel that Zeitgeist addendum did not touch on religion, maybe Peter Joseph learned his lesson, unfortuneately the damage is done and i think he did a great dis service to Jaque Fresco and his work.

that said...
His criticism on a capitlist society is bang on the money imho, and of course Jaques work on a resource based economy is incredible although maybe way ahead of its time.

I almost feel that the zeitgeist religious part ruined it for the movement, and feel maybe that some of the ideas from it should be taken in a new direction with a different angle, leadership and branding.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ouroborus2012
reply to post by Pan7her

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of people who frequent this site and can't wait to label somebody as a "conspiracy theorist"! Is that not what this site promotes? Is that not why it exists? Or the ones who can't wait to trash somebodies thread with "mainstream" answers.. It's sad..

haha
so know what you mean
i have a good circle of friends who are awake on yt
and i come here and am appalled at the ignorance i see on here

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Awesome list of docos
this will keep me busy for a week

thanks so much

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I think Zeitgeist had every right to touch upon Religion. It is hard to look into the truth of religion being man made attempts to explain the universe.Sometimes it is hard to take in the truth but it is needed. Religion HAS good aspects to it. The sad fact remains though that religion is a powerful tool to divide and conquer the masses. Group think promoted instead of independent thinking. We need as a society to start being reliant on ourselves as best as possible and looking for truth that we research and that resonated with us.If we can try to spread more alternatives to group think and try to rely less on TPTB we can create some positive change.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join