It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus. The slowest God in history.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Jesus. The slowest God in history.

Jesus Christ, Revelation 22:12-13

"And behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according to his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last."

Not believing in a real Jesus and just thinking of him as an archetype, I am not particularly surprised that he has yet to --come quickly -- back to us.

I have no idea as to why he did not hang around and do the savior bit at the time of his supposed resurrection and why Jesus abandoned the ancients and us to the conditions we have faced. Even today, about 16,000 of us starve to death daily, 75 million of us are recognized slave and at least 1 billion women are still oppressed by men. Not to mention all the gays that we have denigrated and discriminated against, without just cause, all this time.

As believers, you may also have pondered why such a long 2000 year wait. This, in light of the fact, that he even said that the time of the end was at hand to his disciples .
This delay cannot be because of our free will because God of the O T clearly demonstrated that He had not respect for it and He certainly did not consider the free will of those that He killed or had killed back then. Their free will choice was to live, not die.

If he wanted relevance to us, I would think that he would be here and not an absentee God.

Could it be that Jesus is just a myth or is He just slow?

What is quickly in God time?

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Yes, we were warned about people like you.
"Scoffers will come in the last days, scoffing...saying 'where is the promise of his coming?'" (2 Peter ch3 vv3-4)
Isn't it amazing that the Bible would be able to predict you so exactly?
Nobody knows the answer to your main question. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
We it predicts him because they don't ask for understanding. Instead they rebel and mock calling it a (saviour) bit. He's playing the advocate to either destroy readers or make his rebellion more legit in his own mind. That will be his down fall.

But let me answer the OP the best way I can.

"Even today, about 16,000 of us starve to death daily, 75 million of us are recognized slave and at least 1 billion women are still oppressed by men. Not to mention all the gays that we have denigrated and discriminated against, without just cause, all this time. "

Yea but does it say they all go to hell? You see you look at things through suffering is the end all be all of negativity. EveryONE dies. The starving person, the person of old age. Everybody. That doesn't mean anything. The thing that matters which GOD SEES which you DONT is how their soul is.

This life is a testing ground and yes suffering exist. But from my personal experience, it does good to the soul if you know how to use it and appretiate how it humbles you out in many instances. the ones who die God is allowing them to die for reasons your human understanding doen't see.

The same time those people starve, and slaved and so on, millions of other new souls come into the Church, including them down the road because you don't know how all their lives will end.

You just know suffering = I'll rebel because I have no understanding which the typical human does.

Many souls are coming into the Church and once that number is fullfilled for the souls who woul come in the church, then the end will come.

2,000 might be long to you, but it may be a blip to the Lor who knows all things. So is it something to rebel about?

To the soul who wants t rebel and find excuses they will always find something.

OP I don't mean to get on you like that, but the BS saviour bit and (supposed) ressurrection.

Your intention is agenda drivento me.

bye. peace.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will restore us, that we may live in his presence.-Hos6.2

With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.-2Pet3.8

He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years.-Rev20.2

The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.-Rev20.6

When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—to gather them for battle.-.7

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am
I have no idea as to why he did not hang around and do the savior bit at the time of his supposed resurrection and why Jesus abandoned the ancients and us to the conditions we have faced.

Jesus never abandoned anyone. He did hang around and he's still here, all through the conditions we've faced, as you say.

"and lo, i will be with you, even unto the end of the age."

but why or how could it matter to you? you stated that you don't believe in Jesus as a real person/soul but only as an archetype. why ask questions like that if you don't have any regard for the answers?

Even today, about 16,000 of us starve to death daily, 75 million of us are recognized slave and at least 1 billion women are still oppressed by men. Not to mention all the gays that we have denigrated and discriminated against, without just cause, all this time.

your numbers are off. way off.

we do these things to each other. that's no one's fault but yours and mine and every other human being. the things that need fixing must be fixed by us, humanity. they are ours, broken or not broken, and if they need fixing, that is our job.

GOD isn't starving us...we are NOT sharing and we allow our governments to spend money on death (weapons) instead of life (food).
what can GOD do for us, when we do not obey the commandment of love for our neighbor? since it is so hard to love our neighbors, forget all about the love your enemies part - most people won't even consider the suggestion.

GOD isn't enslaving us...we allow ourselves to be oppressed because of our own fear and we enslave others also because we fear.
love of self seeks to control others but love for others, liberates.

and if women are oppressed, it is the fault of both the men and the women - but men are stronger, physically while women are stronger in their will.
this is secretly scary to many men because they don't realize women don't think in the same ways as they do, and that the stronger a woman's will, the stronger the family and the community. many men equate strong will with self-determination and self-orientation.

it all started with Adam lied to Eve about what GOD said about that one tree...

As believers, you may also have pondered why such a long 2000 year wait.

wait for what?
the reason you have no perception of any presence other than your own is because you choose not to believe.

in order to believe in GOD, one must believe GOD IS.
the same applies for anyone else a person might choose to believe in.

This delay cannot be because of our free will because God of the O T clearly demonstrated that He had not respect for it and He certainly did not consider the free will of those that He killed or had killed back then. Their free will choice was to live, not die.

everyone would choose to live rather than die, given the choice.
but since we all must die the same as we were born, what does it matter?
if GOD gave us life, who else is going to take it when we are done?
why do so many people feel insulted at the idea of deity not just giving life but taking it, too? GOD is the storehouse of life...the source.
and if a person doesn't subscribe to that idea, then the rest of it is a moot point, anyway!

If he wanted relevance to us, I would think that he would be here and not an absentee God.

he is here. but since you only recognize archetypes, it's understandable that you're not able to perceive him.

but i'm thinking, after i wrote the first part of this reply, that if i were Jesus, why would i want to come back here? no one listened to him the first time, why bother being ignored a second time around?
it's no better than it was the first time and for all his efforts and pain, in order to bring us some truth...nothing has really changed!

Could it be that Jesus is just a myth or is He just slow?

if he is a myth, why do you want to discuss all things related, as evidenced by the threads you start?

what is YOUR point, exactly?

don't you know any other myths that we can discuss?

What is quickly in God time?

there is no such thing as "God time."

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I'll keep it short and simple. 2000/infinity ~= 0.

As was mentioned above, there is some prophecy in scripture that's being fulfilled today that is absurdly unlikely to have taken place. For example, the only time in the history of the world where a dead language was adopted by a nation going by the same name as the one which used to use it was predicted in the Bible as taking place before Christ's return. Though folks said it was impossible in the 19th century and before, here we have Israel speaking Hebrew.

For more information on Revelation prophecy being fulfilled, I recommend Chuck Missler's Learn The Bible in 24 Hours, hours 22 & 23. They're free to download here: www.khouse.org...

Obviously it's not canon, but it does make some interesting connections.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

SLOW??

The Bible says a day with the Lord is like 1,000 years and 1,000 years like a day...

You're not dealing with the words of a man who is alive today and dead tomorrow. The Ancient of Days, the eternal Creator said this statement. To Him, it's been 2 days since He died on the cross. lol

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

Yes, we were warned about people like you.
"Scoffers will come in the last days, scoffing...saying 'where is the promise of his coming?'" (2 Peter ch3 vv3-4)
Isn't it amazing that the Bible would be able to predict you so exactly?
Nobody knows the answer to your main question. Sorry.

Thanks for thinking me special but there have always been scoffers.

The ancient Gnostics were the goats to early Christians and I am one now.

The early church missed some when they murdered the competition and burnt their scriptures.

Hitler did the same.

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
]

I think this an important question for those who believe the divinity of Jesus.
There are many references that indicate that the population and his disciples expected to be saved in his day.
The time of the end is at hand, this generation shall not pass etc.
If Jesus the prophet did not hit the mark, so to speak, with his prophesy, then his divinity is in question.
I never like did the idea of his being something like the 12 the being born of a virgin or us having to settle for a half breed chimera God so I think his divinity is important to believers and wondered what they though of his tardiness. I also never liked tying a good Rabbi to the O T genocidal God.

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by No King but Jesus
After two days he will revive us; on the third day he will restore us, that we may live in his presence.-Hos6.2

With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.-2Pet3.8

He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years.-Rev20.2

The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.-Rev20.6

When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—to gather them for battle.-.7

Ya ya, Satan is real. So are demons and angels and talking animals and a water walking immortal God that somehow dies.
Thanks for the walk down fantasy lane.

Grow up son, adulthood awaits.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
he is not really slow, everyone after the end of his life,
meets the oneness of god, Christ.
And the glorification of god will come again now.
not once, but many times. God has many eyes.
Elijah symbolises glroification, or seal of the prophet.
The age of history is of another length as a human life,
and a human life is not that long. Pain and shortage
can make it long, but it is nothing in comparision
with eternity. But the promise was made for a time
where LOGIC was completed, the paradox needs to
be completed. Then the manifestation returns again (now), and
grows broader to make many glorified as One, those will
invite the others to carry their crosses and join in Gods Oneness.
In other words, he returns all the time, but most did not really
understood it except some people in all religions, fulfilling peacefull roles.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by pasttheclouds]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Jesus said that all the prophets spoke of the times until he started his ministry, and then he himself bought forward the time of the end.
What ended was the chance for Israel to recognize its prince, then it was destroyed by the Romans.
So, the end came a long time ago and so the words of Jesus were fulfilled.
So there was no delay, and Jesus is here, now.
Today, you, being once an outcast and unclean, have the opportunity to accept Jesus as your prince and then, if not, you will end, too.
So, be happy that he has delayed your destruction one more day.
Tomorrow will be too late, and you will go with the old Jewish system, into hell.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

great another wanna be tough guy, big shortage of your kind these days, when you hear an audible voice that says "I am Jesus" and see a cherub bright like lightning wings eyes and all then come attempt to tell me what an adult you were/are and shed some light about what we can expect after leaving this body, if don't think that's gonna happen to you, I suggest you hear what Paul said after He first believed when that same voice said "I am Jesus" out of nowhere as he was persecuting christians as I did also- another words WARNING WARNING WRONG WAY TURN AROUND

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
There is a scripture that address's this exact point, because God knew many people like you would think it about 2000 years later.

2 Peter 3:8&9

8Dear friends, don't ignore this fact: One day with the Lord is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like one day.
9 The Lord isn't slow to do what he promised, as some people think. Rather, he is patient for your sake. He doesn't want to destroy anyone but wants all people to have an opportunity to turn to him and change the way they think and act.

In Revelation he says he is coming quickly, in HIS time it's only around 2 days, compared to how long the universe has existed that's very quick. Plus in the latter part of the scripture he says he is allowing extra time for people to accept him and the bible, because he doesn't want to kill them.

It's all about perspective. God time is different than human time.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Blue_Jay33]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Why has Jesus Christ taken so long? I would point at Matthew 24-14 for the reason.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Per the prophecy his gospel needed to be preached to the world before his return. And then I would add this. The prophecy is fulfilled. It shouldn't be much longer now.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

From what science understands today the earth would be around 4.5 billion years old. So if you put that in perspective of a being that claims to have planned all of this the last 2000 would be like what? Possibly a twinkling of an eye? Then again 4.5 billions years compared to an eternity, for one who understands what that may be, could be a twinkling of an eye as well.

new topics

top topics

join