It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is Happening :: Global Consciousness Project

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

reply to post by Student X

I understand what they're attempting to correlate (I think
), what I'm having a difficult time grasping is the assumption that there's any external tie-in that can be validly made. Especially tying it to "consciousness" when you could just as easily assume it was stellar perturbation or the activity of army ants in the Amazon. Very Chaos Theory only without the (apparent) deterministic component.

Worth the exercise to explore and attempt to explain, I think. There are some leaps that give me pause, though. Seems like a high-tech casting chicken bones situation.

They are looking for a meaningful coincidence between high activity in the RNGs and an event that captures the attention of the world. The theory is that if we are all thinking about the same event, an 'envelope of thought' is formed - global consciousness. This same noosphere will encompass the RNGs and influence their output (through microPK). We can then see a spike that correlates with the event.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Student X]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Mostly I am posting to pin this thread ,. however I have been trying to grasp this info of consciousness for some time.
let me see if I can understand this in my terms,.
there are these generators planted Globally?
and our thoughts have the ability to alter the frequency that they emit?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Worth the exercise to explore and attempt to explain, I think. There are some leaps that give me pause, though. Seems like a high-tech casting chicken bones situation.

I think that's the basic idea - a high-tech divination technique. It seems to depend on the idea of synchronicity (that coincidences which are not causally related can nevertheless be possessed of some sort of cosmic meaning).

It's not out of the realm of imaginable possibility, but the sort of thing to be highly skeptical of unless it starts successfully making uncanny predictions.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Mostly I am posting to pin this thread ,. however I have been trying to grasp this info of consciousness for some time.
let me see if I can understand this in my terms,.
there are these generators planted Globally?
and our thoughts have the ability to alter the frequency that they emit?

Yeah, that's one way of putting it.

We are projecting our collective psyche onto the environment, which imposes order on what would otherwise be random output from the RNGs.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewlyAwakenedI think that's the basic idea - a high-tech divination technique. It seems to depend on the idea of synchronicity (that coincidences which are not causally related can nevertheless be possessed of some sort of cosmic meaning).

It's not out of the realm of imaginable possibility, but the sort of thing to be highly skeptical of unless it starts successfully making uncanny predictions.

All systems of divination are based on the acausal principle of synchronicity. Even if they don't realize it or don't put it in those exact terms.

"Jung and Pauli were convinced that synchronistic events reveal an underlying unity of mind and matter, subjective and objective realities. Synchronicity was (and continues to be) a prime target for criticism of Jung that for decades bordered on outright dismissal by many in the scientific and academic communities. For example, historian of science Suzanne Gieser writes that she finds Pauli’s interest in Jung “unusual” because “most of those with an academic or scientific background dismiss Jung totally.”"

www.metanexus.net...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
reply to post by Death_Kron

DK... that's not really accurate. No correlation has evenr been made between 0's and 1's realtive to good/bad, positive/negative. The colors (as I explaind in my last post) indicate the direction of variation from random in the network. Shifts toward red are FAR more common than #s toward blue. The theory is that collectively we are precognitive. We have a sixth sense that something is about to happen. There have been lots of university studies for decades that bear this out. So, if something is 'up' all of our sixth senses will fire and that is what is effecting the output of the eggs. But again, there is no good or bad indicator here. Just that the collectively perceived significance of something is large enough to get all our sixth sense energies pumping. Could be something good, could be something bad but we're all tweaked by it and (usually) in-sync.

Of course correlation has been made between the binary digits 0 & 1's and a positive or negative event, thats the variance your talking about!

The project looks at occasion when the numbers stop being random i.e. they have a pattern.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

What the GCP theorizes based upon the data they have collected and analyzed is that the network (i.e., all the REG's spread around globally) deviate from a normal, collective random data stream in temporal proximity to some major event, good or bad. For example, right around New Years Eve the phenomenon is detected as each global region focuses on midnight. They list other famous events as well. But it doesn't correlate to more 0's or more 1's being associated to positive or negative events.

I've watched this daily for years and I wil tell you I can never remember seeing anything like what we're seeing today.

[edit on 16-7-2010 by jtma508]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Correct me if i'm wrong people. Basically, during this 2 day time span, our thoughts have the ability to manifest into physical form at a much faster rate? I have been reading up on this thread and have been doing some research but am a bit confused. Is this something that we will be able to feel? Does it correlate to the sensation of Spiritual Awakening in any way?

My apologies in advance if this post seems dumb, but I feel these 2 days are more important to understand and easily outweigh my own self conscious feelings at this point.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Yeah your right mate, got slightly mistaken there.

The number pattern changing simply indicates whether an event is about to happen, it doesn't indicate whether that event will be positive or negative.

Either way, its a fascinating subject and one I've followed for quite a while, I definately believe theres something to it whether that be reverse causality or mass precognition.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I understand what they're attempting to correlate (I think
), what I'm having a difficult time grasping is the assumption that there's any external tie-in that can be validly made. Especially tying it to "consciousness" when you could just as easily assume it was stellar perturbation or the activity of army ants in the Amazon.

If I get what you are saying, I agree. Not that I dont find the whole thing fascinating and worth of study. But one does have to be careful with correlation and attributing cause. If, (and I am just going by what I have read so far) they are using large events, retrospectively, to sort of calibrate, I am wondering if they are also tracking the number of times large events fail to be recorded or demonstrated by a move from random?

Very cool, overall, and I do need to read more, understand it better, but with just this little brushing of information I can definitely see room for faulty assumptions.

Good posts, several of you. Very informative and well written. My interest is piqued.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Does someone have any historical data?
random pics from a year ago or further?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
it seems like there would be normal routine spikes - like at meal times?
Like 12-2 lots of people are thinking "I'm hungry"

I'm sure there is a lot of times that people are thinking about the same sorts of things - things that are a routine part of being human - how would they filter those?

I really don't get the science of this. I'm trying.
Where are the numbers located? Do people know about them?

Like if I wanted to change the grid to red, where would I 'aim'?

How else would numbers correlate to my concerns?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
How can an electronic device ever be truly 100% random? I always thought that it was not possible...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
How can an electronic device ever be truly 100% random? I always thought that it was not possible...

Nah, obviously it's pseudorandom. I think that's a minor point though.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The Consciousness Convergance is happening this weekend. Tens to Hundreds of thousands of people (perhaps millions) all across the globe are generating the same conscious energy in an attempt to lift the consciousness of humanity.

This is the 2nd part of the Harmonic Convergence which occured in August of 1987.

Interesting to see that the effect is happening even before it has begun...

[edit on 16-7-2010 by Sarkron]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I second the request for any historical data. This is very interesting, it's a shame that I can't seem to find anything older than 24 hours on the GCP site. Maybe a timeline that has major events listed? I also can see how the graph would be affected by normal things like a previous poster said, 12-2 being "I'm hungry" or something like that, though that would only cover only maybe a third of the timezones at a time. Of course, it's 2 right now to me and the graph is very green...many people thinking about lunch right now?
Also, if it turns out I'm mentally challenged and they have the historical graphs on their site, anyone care to tell me how to get to them?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I just went to the site and within a minute after watching the dot, it went clear, but there is no clear in the index. Transition from green to blue?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Is there a way to see the data running over longer periods? Such as a year or decade? I cannot find it on their site, but sometimes I can be a little clueless. Because you have seen the data over longer periods, whatever is happening looks unusual to you, but since all I have seen is this "unusual" period, I dont know what "normal" looks like.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

Its seems like it going grey happens at intervals, perhaps as the new data is transferred? It goes back to green and then then moves in the direction the updated data requires, which, atm, is pretty steadily downward towards blue.

But I could be wrong.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Guys try this link for historical data access, Custom Data Request

The RNG are random because they generate their data based upon thermal noise and photoelectric effect of their components so in theory are completely random.

I don't buy into the theory about people feeling hungry etc affecting the readings, check the graphs of 9/11 and you'll see what I mean.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join