It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELLLOOOOO ATS!!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Greetings ATS! I frequent your site off and on so I thought I'd join up so that I may respond and start threads of my own. For starters, those of you who believe in god and the Devil I have a question? Your God is all knowing and all powerfull am I correct? He sees all things and knows what will happen before it happens am I right? Well see the thing is I know I'm right because I read the bible, was raised Catholic and want to know why the hell would a God who can see the friggin future willing create Lucifer if he knew that he would only turn bad and be his evil counter part? ( excuse me while I catch my breath from that brief rant) Now that I got that outta my system who's down for some for some gulf shrimp?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Maybe to answer your question, and I am in no way part of organized religion, nor am I really versed that well in the bible, but here it goes.

Just because one can predict the future, does not mean they are able to stop people from committing evil acts. We are born sinners, and as long as there are sinners, there will be a place for those sinners.
God gave man free will. right?
As long as we have choice, there will always be two different outcomes, but one of those outcomes will lead you to Lucifer.

Im probably WAY off, but thats my interpretation.

Oh and BTW, Welcome to ATS.
Arm yourself.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Well thank you for your greeting/warning I greatly appreciate it. Freewill was given to all men and God can not change what they will do, but supposedly even through our unpredictable nature he still knows what will happen it is just what all bible thumpers believe. However the angels were never given freewill which is why the war in heaven started, "How could he love them more than us his first creation". They never had freewill therefore he knew what was going to happen, it all goes along with my theory about how there can not be such a thing as the devil ergo no such thing as God...

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
In all honesty, analyzing fairy tales/myths/fables/legends will always result in dozens of different assumptions and answers, which in the end is a waste of effort anyway.

Just look at all the CONFUSION and DISAGREEMENTS found between members of the SAME faith!! But yet the Bible claims to be about a "God" who is not a God of confusion!!

The truth of the matter into the Bible stories is that it is a collection of stories created by MAN originating from much older fictional stories. Stories which developed from the personification of ASTROLOGY. That is the true ROOT of Religion.

IF a "God" was connected in any way at all with a book filled with SO MANY contradictions and absolute absurdities, then he/she/it has got to be one of the most ignorant and CRUEL creatures of all time. Such a creature would NEVER gain my respect, admiration, or worship. NO WAY!!

But folks ignore the significant amount of negative of their "God" from that book and are really just focused on their assumed "free ticket to heaven" card and do not care what the heck kind of NONSENSE they believe in.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Thank you my thoughts exactly, I especially how they make women look completely evil and insignificant in their little book.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by thedrdeath510

Hi thedrdeath510, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only.
Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

NEW! ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by thedrdeath510

hahahaha good point about god being omnipotent.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Hello there and welcome to AbovetopSecret! Great to have you here with us and I'm sure as you join in you may come across things you are unsure of, Please feel free to contact me at any point with and query's you have, I'm more than happy to help you around the halls of ATS till you are able to fly on your own,

Here is a few things to help you get started, Again at any point feel free to ask me as many questions as you need,

Getting started.

(click to open player in new window)

Getting an avatar uploaded,

(click to open player in new window)

New member posting help, (what the little tags ect are)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Asala xx

new topics

top topics

join