It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World is about to collapse and fall!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
This might sound crazy or it might be true but the link below provides and article that sounds very credible and makes alot of sense. If in fact it is true then we may not have much time left.

www.fromthewilderness.com...

Your thoughts or opinions?

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I have been reading up on the 'peak oil' crisi quite alot recently and it is disturbing. Many geoligists believe that we will not have any oil left pretty soon. When this happens our society breaks down. Before this happens we will have economic depression.

Our generation is ignoring this problem. We have to start doing things about it now or our children may be suffering as a result.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
What's even more disturbing is no one seems to want to take a more active role in following up on stuff like this. They seem to think everything is a okay and that we will go on living for hundreds of more years without having to worry about anything this major. It is truly sad.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Even if we do have "hundreds more years" that still doesn't make it ok for people to ignore this. It's just so typical of our current generation, selfish and not caring about the future. We have a moral obligation to the people of the future not to destroy this planet. People are going t o look back to this era and hate us. . . . .

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone
I have been reading up on the 'peak oil' crisi quite alot recently and it is disturbing. Many geoligists believe that we will not have any oil left pretty soon. When this happens our society breaks down. Before this happens we will have economic depression.

Our generation is ignoring this problem. We have to start doing things about it now or our children may be suffering as a result.

We need to get off petro all together and move toward using alternative fuels, i.e.. Wind, solar, electric etc. I'm surprised that we haven't moved to these fuels the technology is there. I guess the Big Oil companies have something to do with us not using these fuels.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by KillerD
We need to get off petro all together and move toward using alternative fuels

I guess the Big Oil companies have something to do with us not using these fuels.

You bet they do, oil companies have political muscle, especially in America. We do need t ostart moving to alternative sources for energy. The thing you will not hear on the news is the fatc that you can convert a car engine to run on vegetable oil. If I own a car (no need, underground) then i will do this.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by KillerD
We need to get off petro all together and move toward using alternative fuels, i.e.. Wind, solar, electric etc. I'm surprised that we haven't moved to these fuels the technology is there. I guess the Big Oil companies have something to do with us not using these fuels.

Actually, the oil companies, mostly Opec and Exxon/Mobil, have a great deal to do with this. It's all about money, greed and power in this day and age. The sad truth is the oil companies will loose the millions of dollars they are making right now if we switched to an alternative fuel source and so will Bush and his Neocons. Bush is making money off the gas prices and oil. That's why he's not doing a damn thing to drop the price. Plus, that's why we're in Iraq right now. We're trying to take control of the oil over there. The good news is there might be an alternative engery source that could save earth. Why hasn't it been announced? Read the article to find out why.

www.seaspower.com...

Yes, it has to do with alien technology but I believe it to be true. Hopefully.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I reckon there will be more 'effort' to convert to LNG.
There's heaps of it under the Timor sea.
"Timor gas billions all at sea"
www.converge.org.nz...
Sanc'.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Another site about this whole peak oil subject:

www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net...

This is a very pessimistic site that is convinced oil production will peak in 2005. Its still worth a read though. Have a look and see what you think.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The very sad part about our dwindling oil supplies is that if we, not only in America, but in the world, had any leadership at all with the brains of a gnat, a crash program somewhat like the Manhattan Project would be started to find alternative energy sources and alternative transportation vehicles.

With the technology available today, there is no reason for governments not to push the Sciences into a bold adventure into tommorow. Science needs to find a way to replace oil, not only as a fuel for the most part, but oil usage in plastics, synthetics and other items the world uses.

With China emerging as a world power, their energy needs for 1.2 billion will tax the already low oil supplies, thus driving up prices world wide even more than we see now. We have to stop and smell the roses, or is that exhaust fumesfrom internal combustion engines and create new and cleaner fuels.

Considering America is the leading consumer of oil products, it is time we lead the way into tommorow with better more efficent modes of transportation. In order to do this however, we as Americans will have to start electing something besides republicans and democrats into office. They are bought and paid for by big business, the banksters, and big oil. Heck, we have the best government money from special interest groups can buy!

Ghostwolfemoon

top topics

join