It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knights Templar prophecy 900 years old - very detailed...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnkiCarbone

Also, prophecies are for suckers.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by EnkiCarbone]

Try to debunk the hopi prophecies and the native american prophecies.

You can't!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gaussq
However, this prophecy is authentic since the Russians claim that their copy is verified to be of 14th century date.

No matter who the writer was, he has seen many truths.

Here is the original I believe: www.syti.net...

Written in the year 1099, exactly 900 years before the start of Armageddon..

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Gaussq]

Well what is it now? 600-700 years or 900? Please explain, i don't understand. That will mean they are two different manuscript and the Russian manuscript is a copy, a copy of the original or did they borrow a version from somewhere to copy their own? So there must be more? If the church has the first, why would they give it to anyone else? Was there a rogue catholic priest or something? Help me please.

Originally posted by darkbake
reply to post by Gaussq

My question is... milennium after the milennium after, is that what they said? Does that mean this suffering will last 1000 years?

The only biblical significance I can think of that refers to the millennium, is the Golden millennium that comes after 7 years of rapture.

In my opinion the translation is horrific, so the terming could be as bad as the grammar. I think though that someone has had too much time in their parents basement.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I guess why would there be a 200-300 year period between the copies? Thats enough time to completely forget it exists...If it ever did.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
some idiot thinks he write good phrophecy stuff.

no way a 700 year old prophecy would say something about AIDS, that's just one of the reasons this thing is obviously the vision of some retarded douchebag. nuff said. this is the dumbest thing I've ever seen why is it on the front page.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by beansanmash

Again, check my posts and you will see the words AIDS did not exist in the original, that is the translator making a headline above each verse...

A prophecy is it and it tells us after some suffering(7 years according to bible and Nostradamus) mankind will enter a new world.

If my interpretation of Nostradamus and others is correct the tribulation will start in 2019-07 and end in 2026-07.

Plenty of time for everyone who wants to improve him/herself.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

Eh, is this selective reading? You didn't reply to my question, which is like 2-3 messages ago, so i don't think you missed it. If it's a stupid question let me know, but please explain like I'm four.

Originally posted by kykweer

However, this prophecy is authentic since the Russians claim that their copy is verified to be of 14th century date.

No matter who the writer was, he has seen many truths.

Here is the original I believe: www.syti.net...

Written in the year 1099, exactly 900 years before the start of Armageddon..

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Gaussq]

Well what is it now? 600-700 years or 900? Please explain, i don't understand. That will mean they are two different manuscript and the Russian manuscript is a copy, a copy of the original or did they borrow a version from somewhere to copy their own? So there must be more? If the church has the first, why would they give it to anyone else? Was there a rogue catholic priest or something? Help me please.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Right. Sorry Byrd, but despite your general good standing in my eyes, and reasonable level of sensibility as understood by sane people, I find your post below to be a pile of old tosh.

Firstly, you mention several points regarding the words used in the OPs translation. Many posts point out that there's a Babelfish translation from the (yes, modern) French which is much truer to the original Latin.

Original Text

BABELFISH Translator

Secondly - you refer to historical documents which are accepted as historical. Come on. You only have to look at the Catholic treatment of the prophecies of Fatima to see that prophetic documents are covered over by the etsablished powers, for many reasons. In the case of Fatima, I think the RC church handled it extremely well (sensitively and according to the needs of the age).

Vatican - Secret Manuscript of Fatima's Prophecy

A quick note about why translation is to be considered a work of artistry:

Why Translation Matters

Just because a translation is not credited to the original translator, doesn't mean there is reason to doubt the authenticity by that fact alone. Emanuel Swedenborg wrote his masterful 'Arcana Coelestia' under the pseudonym 'A Servant of The Lord'.
Arcana Coelestia - Vol 1

Along those lines of thought - why would a humble translator want to credit himself as the author of a prophecy? If this was translated in France, the original Latin Manuscript could have been lost by any number of means - not least of which the overturning of the aristocracy (who would have possessed curios such as old manuscripts) in the French Revolution - Brittanica Online

Originally posted by Byrd
First of all, "John of Jerusalem" isn't "Knights Templar." It's "Knights Hospitallar", which is an entirely different organization:
en.wikipedia.org...

Wikipedia..?

Here's a list of the documents the order has that are known historical documents. No lengthy prophecies here:
www.orderstjohn.org...

WHAT IS HISTORY BUT AN AGREED UPON SET OF.....?

So... further fuel to the fire:

* the first time it EVER appears in print is 1994:
historye.blogspot.com...

NOAH - not had time to check this yet

Details:
* "Penetration into the cosmos"

Prophecy doesn't deal with the science of the day. Perhaps he wrote it thinking they'd pop through the other side of the sky and bump into God..? It would only be understood as space travel by modern readers. Again, forget the OP translation. Use the Babelfish one.

* "Hedonism, divorces..." were hardly new in 300 AD or 700 AD:
en.wikipedia.org...-Roman_culture

Fair point. They loved a bit of it.

* "Incest, homosexuality, pederasty, like epidemics, ***** " - Incest, homosexuality, and pederasty weren't considered illegal in many societies. (Egypt, Sparta (and lots of other places), Sparta)

I reckon it may have been an aristocratical thing though - perhaps pedastry was looked down on by the common peoples, as in modern India mothers are sad to send their daughters away to prostitution but do it anyway so they can be fed. Admitted, this is speculation. Perhaps the prophecy is suggesting these things become uncontrollable and widespread. 'Man becomes beast', etc.

AIDS = translation error

* "islam. takes revenge upgraded for the Crusades"

Again, translation error imho. However, the crusades weren't a one-time event anyway. The nature of the original crusade = "We're off crusading to kill some heretics. Back in a few years." Hence Crusades = multiple skirmishes and attacks = CrusadeS.

* I don't see those things as IGNORING child suffering.

What about child trafficking in countries other than the US, or UK et al..? Child suffering didn't stop when a couple of countries pretended they were doing their utmost to resolve the issue. GET REAL..!

* "When the millennium begins, which comes after the millennium /The child to be sold

Think you're not quite zen enough in your approach to the text here Byrd, (the child selling - I accidentally deleted your comment re: its legality in those days). It's for modern eyes, and for a people who would understand the immorality of these things

* "Everyone will be really a serf, and believe to be a free man and knight " - This could have only been written by a person unfamiliar with the feudal system.
* "You will want to choose their children in the womb of their women"

NOAH - again, you're making assumptions (I accidentally deleted your point about the potions, rites & spells of the day for child sex determination). I would guess at translation error. It's an art form remember?

And did anyone notice Beyond the Roman Limes and even on the old Reich
"Reich?" Can we all say "a glaring anachronism"?

I think the last point there is translation liberties gone awry - haven't had time to check it. You may be right - given that they'd already used a phrase related to Shylock's pound of flesh in Merchant of Venice, we may assume they were a bit cheeky with the artistic licence.

Byrd - I've left in the points I haven't had time to check. Most can be refuted as your assumptions/ misdirectional statements of historical 'accuracy', unfair targeting of a poor translation etc. Perspective is a wonderful way to feel superior.

I'm not saying this isn't a hoax - but I am saying you most definitely haven't convinced me.

Super members and mods are so quick to point us out as 'simple' to believe in or allow for unknowables in things such as prophecies. IMHO the same should dispense with the arrogance to believe that we can ever know everything about anything - or even anything about some things.

Fair enough?

Noah

[edit on 18-7-2010 by Noah

[edit on 18-7-2010 by NoahTheSumerian]

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
* "Penetration into the cosmos" ... they thought the sky was a solid sphere above them. They had no concept of the size of the universe.

1400 years old:

O assembly of Jinns and men, if you can penetrate regions of the heavens and the earth, then penetrate them! Not without power will you be able to pass. (Qur'an, 55:33)

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
One could put it this way concerning prophecies:

A bus is loaded with people and the bus is running towards the edge of the cliff. Below the cliff there is a bottom and it is rising up very fast towards the cliff from unspeakable depths, continuing upwards to become a mountain later on. On that mountain the future mankind will sit and it will truly be much better than this mankind.

The prophecy is shouting and waving to the people inside the bus but few hear anything.

A few people hear the shouting early and get off in a hurry and start cultivating themselves in Falun Dafa well before the bus gets to the edge. When they start self-cultivation they attach a rocket engine to their backs and propel themselves up as quickly as possible to extreme heights of this cosmos.

Some people get off very late and get a parachute. They will land hard since the bottom is rising up towards them but they will most probably survive their injuries and be a part of the future mankind on the top of the mountain.

For the people inside the bus hearing nothing and continuing doing bad stuff there will most likely be no future since the damages from the high downwards speed in combination with the upwards speed from the bottom will destroy everything.

This story is something about how I see prophecies today. If you feel in your heart they are true, do something about it and start changing yourself. Temper your will, cultivate your mind and body and always look within yourself for solutions.

These things are some of the daily stuff I do in Falun Dafa cultivation. Just being a normal person, working and living a normal life, but always trying to see your own attachments, bad notions and desires, eliminate all of them even if it is painful.

Then improve yourself from every fall you take. That means adding more fuel to your rocket engine.

Of course, this is just my personal understanding of matters at my level of cultivation.

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Gaussq]

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by anglodemonicmatrix
Very detailed but suspicious unless the translators took some liberties an 11th century seer might envisage aids,possibly describe it but would not know the term aids theres a few things in this translation along these lines which suspiciously indicate more modern origins.

agreed this sounds like the ramblings of a priest with to much time on there hands
,believe me im cool with any religion but i have heard the likes before.I remember they use to tell me that when i was younger if your name was John it was because your parents could not think of another name,lol that was very nice considering i was called John
but the same dude use carry on with the likes of above.
Time machine maybe? thanks for the read op

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join