Originally posted by Gaussq
Originally posted by Wertdagf
what a massive waste of time that was reading this fake prophecy. Lots of barbarian invasions though... can never have to many of those.
You should specify what is a hoax specifically. i see lots of truth about modern man and how he thinks and what he does today. Church is corrupt, mankind is corrupt, cloning, genetic modifications, diseases, mankind ios just after money and fame and believes he is God himself.
Originally posted by Char-Lee
IF this turns out to be a real old doc. I find it very interesting. The French translation babelfish.yahoo.com...
Also really weird would be #23
When the millennium begins, which comes after the millennium
The sun will burn the earth
The air is no longer protected from the fire
It will only be a curtain full of holes
And the burning light will consume the eyes and skin.
The sea will foam up like boiling water
The cities and rivers will be buried
Entire continents will disappear
People will flee to high ground
And they will begin to rebuild and forget what has happened
Scientists have found two large leaks in Earth's magnetosphere, the region around our planet that shields us from severe solar storms. Now in 2012 the suns poles will reverse (not the earths as wrongly said on many 2012 sites - see below!) , during this time a massive solar storm will reck havoc on earth - usually this is no problem - but now due to the 'cracks' in it, Earth's protective Magnetosphere may fail us, so the violent solar and electromagnetic radiation will make it through and cause many problems to life as we know it (eg: disabling communication satellites, mobile phones, effective sleep patterns, & radiation poisoning of humans) Also as earth has to absorb extra radiation & energy this will cause possible changes within the earth's core - with energy being re-dissipated from the earth with new volcanoes formed and crust movement.
Now, if you are willing, make a paradigmatic shift.
Imagine that the prophecy was a fake, or a preconceived lie, created to manipulate us.
Now imagine how they can manipulate any scientific data to say what they want it to say - and we know this is true.
And - Bingo! You have the sheeple believing everything else in the fake prophecy is true, believing they are doomed, because it's backed up by the fake scientific paper they created. That way they keep the 'mind-forged manacles' tightly round people's brains.
Now: Why do they go to such elaborate lengths?
a) If we believe something strongly enough it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy (see - that word again, see the link!) So we do their work for them. They want to dominate us and we go into their prison like sheep.
b) By the same token, if we open our eyes and see through their centuries old lies and see how they are fakes, and know we are essentially free and can create a beautiful world - they know THEY are doomed.
[edit on 15-7-2010 by wcitizen]
Originally posted by Byrd
First of all, "John of Jerusalem" isn't "Knights Templar." It's "Knights Hospitallar", which is an entirely different organization:
Here's a list of the documents the order has that are known historical documents. No lengthy prophecies here:
So... further fuel to the fire:
* The "prophecies" are in MODERN French. Not the Latin that was used by the literate in the 11th century (since this was an 11th century knight... supposedly.)
* Nobody's ever heard of the translator (hallmark of a hoaxed document -- mysterious document, translator shows up and translates it, original plus translator Mysteriously Vanish.)
* varying stories as to where it's found
* uses modern concepts and ideas unknown in those times (and un-describable. No such thing as "skyscraper", y'know what I mean?)
* "just happens" to reflect the idea of the "collapse of civilization belief" held by many in the New Age Movement.
* neatly ties in with Dan Brown's fiction.
* the first time it EVER appears in print is 1994:
* "Who looks at the sky, there are dollars " Dollars as a monetary unit didn't exist until the past 200 years.
* "Penetration into the cosmos" ... they thought the sky was a solid sphere above them. They had no concept of the size of the universe.
* "drug crime" -- no such concept back then. No such thing as drug laws.
* "dealers will be offering the illusion and poison" -- no such thing as "dealers" and people sought illusion through trance and meditation and drinking -- not other substances. They had wineshops and alehouses but no "dealers."
* "Hedonism, divorces..." were hardly new in 300 AD or 700 AD:
* "Incest, homosexuality, pederasty, like epidemics, AIDS spread " - Incest, homosexuality, and pederasty weren't considered illegal in many societies. (Egypt, Sparta (and lots of other places), Sparta) And AIDs was only identified in 1982.
* "islam. Fundamentalism takes revenge upgraded for the Crusades" -- Fundamentalism isn't a concept that came about until the past few hundred years. Islam was around in 1100 (so the text is later than 300 AD, of course. And 1994 is MUCH later than 1100.)
* "will take revenge for the Crusades". And how did the author back then know there would be more than one? en.wikipedia.org...
* "No one will listen to the hearts of children suffering " ... obviously the prophet didn't know about the child protection laws (didn't exist back then), laws against selling children into slavery (ditto), laws against child brides (ditto), laws against beating a child to death (ditto), laws against abandoning handicapped children (ditto), laws against disinheriting orphans (ditto), world organizations to feed starving children (ditto), laws against child abuse (ditto.) I don't see those things as IGNORING child suffering. I see them as addressing child abuse of the past.
* "Global Communications egoist" -- no such concept as global communications until Marconi shows up.
* "organ trade, no medicine. More taboos " -- ORGAN TRADE? The only organs that John of Jerusalem could have been talking about were the big old pipe organs (and even not those since they were a more recent invention.) And they really didn't have medicine back then -- and if you want to see a taboo and superstition-riddled society, go look at Europe back then.
* "When the millennium begins, which comes after the millennium /The child to be sold " - apparently completely ignorant of the legal sale of children during his own time.
* "Everyone will be really a serf, and believe to be a free man and knight " - This could have only been written by a person unfamiliar with the feudal system.
* "Brown skin is blended with white " - another modern concept.
* "You will want to choose their children in the womb of their women" -- the modern author is unaware of the old practices of spells and potions to "ensure a son."
...and so on and so on, line after line.
And did anyone notice Beyond the Roman Limes and even on the old Reich
"Reich?" Can we all say "a glaring anachronism"?
...and so on and so forth.
Originally posted by Bringer
I swear to Darwin every title on this website is misleading. This is a obvious hoax. as soon as i read "Sky scrapers" i knew it was all BS. some of you are so gullible.
Originally posted by dominicus
To the OP,
This is AWESOME!!!!
I really really do appreciate this.
There has been this gut feeling and instinct in me for the last 15 years...
that we will reach heaven on earth, a spiritual revolution where everything is known, understood, respected, ego free ...
But first, as a collective, we have to reach rock bottom, the lowest of lows, WW III and maybe even WW IV.
Then out of the fire and smoldering ashes, like a phoenix, as a collective we will be reborn.
See the avatar