It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plants 'can think and remember'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
I read Secret life of plants years ago
I highly recommend it
Here,s a good one:

A generic Russian lab technician hacked one of a dozen lettuces to death while the dozen were wired up to polygraphs.
All the lettuces went into shock.
The next day they sent into the room various techies dressed the same. same size, same color hair : nothing happened.
They sent in the hacker:
All the lettuces went into shock.

Shamans know
Everythings connected baby.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Danbones]

That's really interesting.. do you have a link to the source please?

It makes me think though.. the instruments may have had a reaction, but how to they know it was fear or pain?

God made plans to be eaten.. in fact.. Humans and other animals Must eat plant to survive.. perhaps the plants know this and were 'screaming' because they were so happy their life's purpose was about to be fulfilled...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZuluChaka
reply to post by Extralien

This is also a stab in the back for vegetarians too...what are they going to eat now?

They think they are real smart, so maybe they can teach themselves to photosynthesize or adapt their body to run on oil and co2 and clean up the planet.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by ZuluChaka]

Mushrooms have already adapted to do this! Check out www.fungi.com... and Paul Stamets

[edit on 14-7-2010 by sourdiesel]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Fish and Dairy foods should also give us B12..I hope so anyway as i'm not a meat eater..I've heard something on this before..I t make's me wonder how much more life is there out there that I don't see as "life"-As in thinking and feeling??

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I know its a little off topic but you can check out his TED Talk here:

www.ted.com... ys_mushrooms_can_save_the_world.html

I really like this TED Talk

Cheers!

SourD

Sorry...Carry on

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I love plants and plant many of them. Sure they know me and I talk to them. So far they don't talk back, just bloom. I think they enjoy making fruit for me. They know I save the seed and grow more plants.

When I take cuttings, I tell them to root for me. Usually they do.

Does that mean they understand me. I don't know, but the neightbors don't laugh because my garden and flower beds looks so good!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sourdiesel

Try to have a look but got ;The server returned a 404 response??
Will try again..Im curious now..

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

The story was in the secret life of plants.
I'll take a look though
Cleve Baxter was the CIA's top Polgraph man till he retired...
reading that book and his other works is very interesting IMHO.

Another story in the book is how Cleve hooked up the plants in his living room up to the polygraph and then left for a convention half a continent away

The graph of peaks on the plants polygraphs matched his emotional peaks and valleys while he was at the convention...the highest peak on the graph conformed to his getting some nookie on the side.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gougitousakusha

That is fascinating!

Similar things happen between me and my dog in terms of projected imagery.

I honestly think there is something to it.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
According to Cleve's research the plants go into shock when threatened or scared.
He and the Shamans agree - the plants are aware of INTENT and this is where it gets freaky.

If you are thinking you are going to kill and eat a plant it goes into shock and feels no pain when you harvest it, you thank its spirit and acknowledge its gift to you and all is good.
The plant has served its purpose.

Prey animals like rabbits go into shock much easier then predators do.
Hunter animals don't have the same shock reflex.

Some plants love their relationship with man, they feel that love, and love the attention, and respond to it.

IMHO the DNA of a plant is more sentient then the part you see...
the seed is sleep...the plant is awake.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

According to Cleve's research the plants go into shock when threatened or scared.
He and the Shamans agree - the plants are aware of INTENT and this is where it gets freaky.

If you are thinking you are going to kill and eat a plant it goes into shock and feels no pain when you harvest it, you thank its spirit and acknowledge its gift to you and all is good.

Some plants love their relationship with man, they feel that love, and love the attention, and respond to it.

In herbalism, we are taught that we should always take from nature with a grateful spirit. Whether it be in feeling or in words, you thank the earth for providing this medicine/food source and leave a seedling or seed in its place. So when we take, we are also giving.

So this fits in with that practice.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jenmckin

In herbalism, we are taught that we should always take from nature with a grateful spirit. Whether it be in feeling or in words, you thank the earth for providing this medicine/food source and leave a seedling or seed in its place. So when we take, we are also giving.

So this fits in with that practice.

after having read both these posts i have a question, assuming plants can dedect intent, and that the shock they go into will save them the pain of harvesting, wouldnt it be more "humane" to savagely rip them up than being all cushy about it hehe

I think what im trying to say is, if you show love and respect to the plant your about to hack for a salad, you would in turn cause it less shock which would in turn make it more susceptible to pain, causing it more pain in the end?

"sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind" anyone?

[edit on 7/14/2010 by corvin77]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by corvin77

I feel the nutrients are willing and happy to be part of a higher being... just my thought. I'v heard of a few people going through a kind of conscious pillow when faced with near death, where they claim everything just went comfy and they didn't mind, I wonder if this is the same kind of shock as the plants.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by gougitousakusha]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gougitousakusha

I feel the nutrients are willing and happy to be part of a higher being... just my thaught. I'v heard of a few people going through a kind of conscious pillow when faced with near death, where they claim everything just went comfy and they didn't mind, I wonder if this is the same kind of shock as the plants.

hmmm thats assuming the polluting, destruct full and murdering virus called man is indeed perceived as a "higher being" than plants by nutrients.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

In Metis tradition, and in regular hunting, and as an amature herbalist, and wild crafter, (harvester of wild plants), I was always taught quick and painless is respectful.

Many plants bush right out when grazed and usually the ones that are totally killed to be eaten are annuals, so they were going to die that season anyway.

If one husbands correctly there are lots of plants next season, and every one, and thing happily carries on .

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Thanks Danbones. I will look up Cleve Baxter and the book.

Edit. I got a copy of the book.. but i also found this.. I am going to study both to see who i'd rather believe.

Primary Perception

Myth: All living things are interconnected and can communicate at an ESP level. This means that plants have feelings and can even scream in response to a stressful situation.

Tory: "Is this a myth?"

See also: * Mind Control * Pyramid Power

The build team was testing the theory of Primary perception, which was advanced in the 1960s by Cleve Baxter, world polygraph expert and founder of the FBI's polygraph unit.
Stoelting #22600 polygraph tests

The Stoelting #22600 (Stoelting Web site) was the polygraph instrument that Baxter used in advancing his Primary Perception theory. The #22600 is an "Emotional Stress Monitor" with a pneumograph (force and speed of chest movements), a cardiograph (heart), and a galvanograph (galvanic skin response).

Before getting to the Primary Perception tests, Grant and Tory took turns hooked up to the lie detector while answering questions. Grant gave Tory rather mild questions but caught him lying when asked, "Have you ever lied about your age?" Tory asked more amusing questions and caught Grant 'lying' with the question, "Have you ever built or wanted to build a female robot?"
Stoelting test #1

They setup the plant and the polygraph inside a shipping container to shield the equipment from radar frequency/electrical interference. With Grant sitting in front of the polygraph and Tory standing nearby next to the plant, Tory proceeded to do various types of 'harm' to the plant:

* hitting the plant: the needle (kymograph) deflected
* fire extinguisher: huge spike
* thinking about burning the plant: needle jumped

In all, the plant responded 35% of the time to Tory's stimuli.

The most surprising result was that the needle responded to Tory's thoughts about harming the plant, but as the later experiments noted, these first tests didn't do a good job of isolating the variables. With Grant and Tory standing right next to the sensitive polygraph, there were many ways in which their excitement and jumping around could have caused the instrument to respond.

NOTE: There were also clips of Tory actually burning the plant, but no results.
Stoelting test #2

Grant and Tory were shocked by results. They were worried that they were causing the needle to jump as a result of being next to the polygraph. They re-ran the experiment with Grant and Tory outside the shipping container.

Angry attack Evil attack Happy attack

Inside the container: plant responded 35% of the time to Tory's stimuli Outside the container: plant responded 28% of the time to Tory's stimuli
EEG test

They switched to an EEG instead of the polygraph. The original Baxter experiments used an EEG, so they felt this was in keeping with the original myth. This time there was no response when they re-ran the experiment with Tory's harmful thoughts to plants.
Yogurt test

They setup vials of yogurt 10' apart. Yogurt is made up of bacteria, so they thought that harm to one vial of bacteria should be felt by the other. Kari dropped hot water into one of the vials of yogurt while the EEG measured the response from the other vial. There was no response on the EEG.

NOTE: The vial of yogurt was placed on a pad of foam to isolate it from vibrations
Oral Leukocyte Test

This test checked whether or not Tory's own cells reacted to harm done to Tory. White blood cells were collected from Tory's mouth placed into a test tube, with a gold wire in the test tube connected to the EEG. Kari repeatedly shocked Tory with a stun gun, but the only response was from Tory himself. The white blood cells registered no response on the EEG.

NOTE: They made sure that the stun gun was far enough away from the EEG to not cause electrical interference
Egg Drop Test

They decided to redo their first experiment, but this time they really wanted to make sure that their own actions weren't interfering with the result. Inside the shipping container, which provided electrical shielding, they setup the plant and the polygraph. They placed the plant on top of foam to isolate it from vibration. Outside the container, they setup their Grant's fancy egg drop rig over a pot of boiling water. The egg drop rig was setup to select an egg at random to drop in at a random time -- thus there would be no anticipation. The entire crew exited the building for 45 minutes while the experiment went on.

The results: no response whatsoever

Although they had interesting results with the first couple of experiments, they felt that it was probably interference from vibration, electromagnetics, or themselves that skewed the instruments. Once they were able to remove these variables from the setup, they weren't able to get the same results.

busted

kwc.org...

[edit on 14-7-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join