It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where's Bush Going To Get The Money ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason

Now shut-up you Bush hating monkeys, none of you seem to have anything to do with politics, let alone even bother to understand the real situation. You just like to hate Bush and that blocks all reason.

FreeMason,
First.................you have such a warm attitude and endearing names for all of us, it's a pity your wasting your time trying to pick fights, if you want to do that, you should consider crawling back into the gutter that you came from, since your gutter-mouth tells the story.
Second........... You have no clue as to who has or hasn't been involved with politics, so who are you to even make that assumption about others on this thread ?

For shame, I would think your mother would have taught you better than that.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by E_T
Does this sound familiar:
www.infinicorp.com...

Uhhhhh.
What does Babylon 5 have to do with this thread?

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:20 AM
link   
nanna, you completely missed my point. However, you also reinforced it at the same time, thank you. You're right, it is the responsibility of all of us to pay for those programs. We elected representatives to make policy for this country, and it is our duty to pay to enact and enforce the policies they set, regardless of whether or not we agree with them. If we disagree, then we need to make our disagreement known to the officials, and if necessary, elect new ones. Such is the nature of change in a representative republic.

Your claim that the money should come out of the officials' pockets is wholly irresponsible and naive. They pay the same share the rest of us do through taxes, and should have to pay no more, and no less.

Quit whining about the government's policies, and do something to change them. Contact your representatives, get involved in a political campaign, and most importantly, vote.

I'll save the debate on welfare, medicare, and social security for another time and place.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:38 AM
link   
PurdueNuc, you are quite right.

I am involved in politics, I have been for 38 years and since I was old enough to reach the windshield-wipers on cars to place fliers on them when I was asked to help out for different politicians. I would go door to door registering people to vote and I still do that to this day, I am a precinct captain and I try to follow everything when it pertains to politics ( remember, I said I TRY to).

Just to let you know, I am involved.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   
HELL YA Izzy, Freemason and PrueNuc you guys are right on with this thread

Nana you must be a teacher or government employee.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Two simple words for this very simple question.

Federal Reserve.

"Making money out of thin air and charging you over 100% interest over it since 1913!"

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokapot

Nana you must be a teacher or government employee.

I'm sorry to burst ya'lls bubble but,............. Wrong !!!!

Nope, not a teacher,......... took some law college, and I have grandchildren that I want to get the best out of education that a school can give them, therefore, I beleive that the money should help our kids first before going over seas.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Educating (indoctinating) third world countries will benefit your grandchildren in the long run.
Do you think GW really wants to waste our money ?

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Schools are the ultimate propaganda tools. IMO

As far as money for schools: maybe schools need to cut in some areas, such as physical ed, music ,art, field trips ect... All that stuff can be done after school on their own time. What about homework you might say,well with the extra time freed up in their day they could have large classes with one or two well rounded teahers who could help with homework. Maybe students would actullay do their homework (would be called "ownwork"instead of "homework") with such a system.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Earlier in this thread there was the mention of understanding the situation...I don't think anyone understands the big picture as Bush paints it (making it up as he goes), regardless of truly comprehending economics - Bush has failed miserably in representing the best in America.

He may be worth his weight in gold, but no one would ever know veiled under 3 feet of dung. His coalition is pathetic, he flubbed his nose to the UN, ...he just pisses me off. CAFTA...the deficit...regardless of the "on-paper" breakdown of Federal/State obligations to education - the Federal cuts have indirectly affected education...which is not entirely the fault of Bush Co., but he has already accumulated enough flubs in my book for him to be evicted from the White House...just an opinion - based on my vote in the last election, I doubt either will count now.+

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
muckminer, I agree with everything you said @ 150%. Bush is such a worthless piece of rubbish I doubt if my dog would pisx on him, considering that fact that he's a bush

I have no time for this resident&administration in the white house, they have screwed things up so bad these four years, I do not see him remaining for a second term, he's going to be a one-termer like good ole dad.
I just hope people will not be stupid enough to vote for Jeb Bush, when he decides to run, two screw-ups in one family is enough, they don't need to make it three.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I had hopes for him post 9-11, but Bush Co. took such a chorus of support and flushed it. Of course this is just my opinion, but I can't imagine how his PR team has done such an awful job of spinning the muck...could he just be that bad?

I read an article yesterday that Dubya graduated from Yale University (like a 2.0 average?), this is one of USA's finest instituitions and this is the best they can produce?

On a slightly different note - I just found this site and laughed out loud:
www.markfiore.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
I know where the money in not coming from. People who make over a 100 grand a year.

I am greatly perturbed by this comment. Us folks who are in the 100k+ bracket do pay our fair share of taxes. I will tell you right now that it was pushing 50% of what I made.

Originally posted by Earthtone
Bush spent a record 93 million on his election campaign. No wonder he smirks so much, he will probably get more this time even after spending so much money on an illegal war.

Isn't John Kerry going to surpass this in the coming election? So far his fundraising is on track. I honestly didn't think John Kerry would want to beat the records because in my honest opinion, this likens him to Bush. Sounds like the democrat money machine is at work.

www.johnkerry.com...

[edit on 30-6-2004 by WarBUCKs]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by smokapot

Do you think GW really wants to waste our money ?

Yep, I sure do think and beleive it !

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by nanna_of_6
Yep, I sure do think and beleive it !

Your entitled to your opinion but I can't take you seriously when you refuse to acknowledge anything but your opinion even when presented with pages of support.

Talk about denying ignorance.

I would insert another reminder about AOL chat but that would warrant another warning.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Kind of going off on a tangent, but some references to the debt were made:

Originally posted by The Astral City
China, Canada, Germany and Japan will front the money to pay for America's national debt, as they have since Regan.

Just hope they never ask your government to make good on her debt

Some of these statements are very uninformed.
  • Debt is issued in bonds and debt holders don't have the flexibility to demand payment whenever they want.
  • When the maturity date for debt comes up, governments simply role the debt into new debt issues.
  • Borrowing to pay for things makes sense when the benefit of what is payed for is not solely current but extends into the future -- thus future taxpayers as well as present taxpayers pay for it.
  • Debt offers leverage capability to earn greater rates of return.
  • Perpetual debt is a sensible economic decision provided that the interest rate risk is managed, the percent of debt used for financing is managed, and, as is often the case, making new investments offers better payoffs than paying off the debt.
Now granted the merit of the particular expense is critical to determining if borrowing for it is warranted, but that is where the focus should lie. All this "making our children and grandchildren pay for it talk is nonsense, the kind of "wisdom" that an old lady who hordes savings bonds, thinking them an intelligent investment for some reason, would offer.

Originally posted by AlnilamOmega
Federal Reserve.
"Making money out of thin air and charging you over 100% interest over it since 1913!"

Excuse me? Can you explain how there is any substance behind that sensationalist and utterly false statement?

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   
this is part of what was said from the "site" given two posts back.

�The extraordinary support that John Kerry has achieved is a reflection of the extraordinary numbers of Americans who are ready for change in this country and tired of George Bush�s failed leadership.

Kerry has been using "his" own money and the money that people have been contributing , We want Bush OUT and so does some of the Republicans. I contribute every month online to Johnkerry.com and as you can tell by that artical, many citizens are.

The people are just sick
of Bush's BS, resident bush & Co are to dishonest , the American citizens finally realize this, do not like it, and wants Bush & Co., out ,..... thats one of the reasons, Bush is out to help his friends "big Corps" and doesn't care about the working-class ( TO Many Jobs Lost) , this is again one of the reasons, and this war is making everyone sick
, citizens and US Troops dying for Bush's LIES,revenge, and lets not forget the oil.

People want a change in the white house, and that change is coming and will happen

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by nanna_of_6
The people are just sick
of Bush's BS, resident bush & Co are to dishonest , the American citizens finally realize this, do not like it, and wants Bush & Co., out ,.....

Yes and thats why the poll numbers have Kerry ahead by over 50 Percent right?!!!!

Oh wait they dont!!! But that doesnt matter you just know everything.

Put your money where your mouth is at election time, and you will see that the majority of the American people arent easily fooled by propaganda and Farenheight 9/11.

Im sure besides knowing exactly what the American public feels and having a PHD in economics (because as you so brilliantly said "where is bush going to get the money) your also a prognisticator.

What a joke.

Now in keeping with your style of debate:

God AOL chat flashbacks.

[edit on 1-7-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
your also a prognisticator.[/qoute]

You really should grab a dictionary when your using words.

"prognisticator"

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by HeirToBokassa

Originally posted by AlnilamOmega
Federal Reserve.

Excuse me? Can you explain how there is any substance behind that sensationalist and utterly false statement?

Ugh. I'm probably wasting my time on you, apparently, but for the sake of others I'll pardon your light insult and answer your question.
from deltachaos's thread, a section from a book "none call it conspiracy"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

"The establishment of the Federal Reserve System provided the 'conspiracy' with an instrument whereby the international bankers could run the national debt up to the sky, thereby collecting enormous amounts of interest and also gaining control over the borrower." "Two months prior to the passage of the Federal Reserve Act [in 1913], the conspirators had created the mechanism to collect the funds to pay the interest on the national debt. That mechanism was the progressive income tax, the 2nd plank of Karl Marx' Communist Manifesto." (pg 58) "...in the world of super-politics the real rulers are not always the ones the public sees." (pg 65) "

if that's not enough...
home.flash.net...
"FACT#1. The Federal Reserve is a private corporation, owned and controlled mostly by foreign bankers.

FACT#2. How the Federal Reserve banks work (using a 10% reserve requirement).

1. F.R. "creates" $1,000,000 worth of "debt certificates" with no assets behind the creation, just the "OK" of Congress, and distributes it to banks.
2. The bank "Holds" the 10% reserve as operating capital ($100,000) and loans the rest out at 10% interest.
3. The bank pockets $90,000 in interest, and accepts the $900,000 back as a deposit.
4. The bank retains 10% of the $900,000 deposit as a reserve, and loans out the $810,000 at 10% interest.
5. The process is repeated over and over, with "hard" assets pledged as collateral for these "loans". Thus, it starts with "no money" and ends up with houses, cars, land, silver, gold...real assets...and all it took was some ink, some paper, and the cooperation of Congress. "

Now put those pieces together and complete the puzzle with this last one. This is also if you want something more 'official', whatever that may mean:

from
www.ustreas.gov...

"Why don't we just print all of the money we need to pay off the debt or to pay for government services?

Many people do not realize that when the Federal Government runs a deficit, it does not create money for itself to make up the difference...While the Treasury's Bureau of Engraving and Printing (BEP) produces Federal Reserve notes, the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System issues them into circulation. The vast majority of currency notes in circulation today are Federal Reserve notes. In short, the Federal Reserve Board has primary responsibility for the control of the Nation's money supply, whether there is a budget deficit or not."

I hope this helped you out.

[edit on 7/1/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join