It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where's Bush Going To Get The Money ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by izzi
As a side note American schools don't need more money shoved at them they need better teachers and more parental involvement.

izzi, I find it hard to beleive that OUR (USA) school's do not need more money. What would make you think that the schools don't need money ( just asking ) ? There's schools shutting down in America just because they can't afford to stay open, due to not enough money for repairs, new books, more teachers, and the list goes on,....

Maybe some schools do need better teachers,....... but, it takes MORE money to be able to pay for better teachers,..... the school's are only going to get certain types of teachers, with what little money the pay out for - in teachers.
We need to go back to the old ways (before the mid 1980's) in schools, where there are PTA's and where the parents had control of their children and melt-out punishment to a child ,.... when warranted for bad behavior at school and at home, without interference from the schools. When I say punishment, I don't mean beating the child,..... . There's nothing wrong with "warming" the childs "back-side" with a firm hand, if need be.

Anyway, I beleive that charity begins at home ( USA), before it should be given out to a different country.
To teach children from a different country the ways of our country, how we are here in the usa, when they are use to and taught to kill for their beliefs in their country, is not a good mixture in my way of thinking. I'm looking at the big picture,...... years down the road.
Why teach them something they can use to help them understand they way we think so they can use it against us, if or when they may decide to try a "Bin Ladan" idea ?
If they want to learn, lets say, math-reading-writing-spelling,..... that might be alright to teach them.......... but nothing about the USA and our people, until we know they have made it through the change into democra., and are civilized nation, but, they do not need a special building for teachers to learn from on top of a new school(s), they can learn in the same building as the kids learn in. Still I don't think that we should have to "foot" the bill for all of crazy george's ideas.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
HE'S GOING TO GET IT FROM US!!!! WHERE ELSE!!!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Since Bush is making all those promises to that country, he should cough-up the cash from his own bank acct. , instead of putting it on us to pay for his promises, we're already paying to high of a price (troop deaths) for Bush & Co's lies.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I've never seen such scheisse in my life.

Bush is not going to "tax us more and more".

Bush's tax cuts help the entire nation, considering that anyone below $17,000 doesn't pay taxes anyway.

Also it is the wealthiest 10% paying about 60% of the taxes, so they are the ones who deserve the cuts.

Also as you tax investors and buisnesses, they pass their tax on to you the consumer.

So if you think Bush's tax plans are bad, you're just a major moron who knows next to nothing about economics.

Also, the deficit, was created by Keynesian economics, and we're just going to have to live with it until the Government becomes smaller.

Finally, to the creator of this thread who seems to be entirely clueless.

The Federal Government is not responsible for education. The States are. The States and local governments pay about 95% of the education budget, the Federal Government pays the remaining 5%.

That is how it should be.

Where is Bush going to get the money for Afghanistan? Two possibilities.

Cut inefficient spending on Welfare programs.

Loan it to Afghanistan.

Now shut-up you Bush hating monkeys, none of you seem to have anything to do with politics, let alone even bother to understand the real situation. You just like to hate Bush and that blocks all reason.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Nanna I will post a seperate thread in the politics section about why Education in America sucks, you probably won't like the answer and it will be short and simple.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
Nanna I will post a seperate thread in the politics section about why Education in America sucks, you probably won't like the answer and it will be short and simple.

I know Education in our American schools, suck, thats why we need our money for our schools, to correct the problem areas. Besides why should we have to give-up our money to a different country ?
Like I said, if Resident Bush&Co wants to give away money, let it come out of their personnal bank accts and the bank accts., of the people that voted for that FOOL, instead of America's. Bush is cutting many programs and putting us so far in the hole as it is, that our great-grandchildren's children will have a hard time paying the bill, and thats no joke !

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I think that Bush is just doing this for the PR. Nine million dollars! Well, he is being forced to put up that money to stay in the "game"; after all, Canada, France, Germany, Venezuela, Mexico, Russia, Cuba and others are all donating much, much more in terms of money and manpower to help Afghanistan, Sudan, Rwanda, and other places around the world.

Shame on Bush for trying to steal the thunder of those very generous, concerned countries!
[/sarcasm]

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
nanna it is not the Federal's responsibility...so no.

As for other nations contributing to Afghanistan? America tops them all, America has 12,000 troops there, the next largest is what? A couple hundred?

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
the amount in question is peanuts, considering a.) what we spend on *ahem* other things... and b.) what afghanistan needs.

my answer would have to be w. will find the money underneath his couch or in his other pants.

-koji K.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Bush Bombs iraq, afgan; ect.. now he his paying for his mistake, paying billions of dollars, for killing people,
We are paying for his mistakes,
Bush did not make a good decision, we pay for it.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
What about all that oil we are pumping out? Who's making money of that? I'm sure that will put a dent in something.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
It is obvious where he is going to get the money. Mr and Mrs. Taxpayer from the good old USA!! Where else? He is writing checks our children and grandchildren are going to have to pay for in the years and decades to come. He doesn't care that:
1) Social Security could go broke in a dozen years
2)We have a record deficit...thanks to his energetic tax cuts and free spending on the Iraqi war
3)Schools are in poor shape...and they want to give school vouchers because the public school are in such a mess
4)49 million Americans have NO health insurance/coverage
5) states are being bankrupted by illegal immigrants wantring free healthcare and educations
6)poor senior citizens are having a heck of a time paying for prescription drugs

But HEY!! Lets make sure Iraq and Afghanistan have the best of everything!!
Maybe we should all move there and live off the largesse of the taxpayer from the USA
Thanks alot Bush!!

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
What about all that oil we are pumping out? Who's making money of that? I'm sure that will put a dent in something.

The oil companies are making the money !! If we (americans) want any oil, we have to pay for it,.......

I'm sure that will put a dent in something.

Where will it put a "dent" as you refer to it? The only one's that will make a profit from the oil is the companies when they sell it to us !
The citizens of the USA and Iraq are the losers in Bush's war on Iraq
. Why do I say that ,..... it's our family-members that dying over there and the Iraqi citizens too, not Bush's or his friends and actually Bush & Co doesn't really mind the loss of life as long as they get what they were really after,..... oil and revenge.
So here you have it; It's costing us in two different ways, (1) the loss of family-members (troops), and the cost of money if you want or need the oil to live. We're paying twice for Bush&Co lies.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Nevermind.

[edit on 28-6-2004 by Agent47]

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
So far the war on terrorism has cost 142 billion and is projected to be over 500 billion by 2014. All of us and future generations will be footing the bill plain and simple. As long as foreigners are willing to continue to buy our debt it is not really a problem (unless you see foreign ownership of our assets and a worthless dollar as a problem). Could the money have been invested more wisely? Of course, but unless you have been living under a rock the past 3 years you will know Bush isn't the brightest crayon in the box. We voted him in and we must now pay the price. America isn't the great country it once used to be.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Bush&Co will no longer be a residences at the white house , after the election and after Jan. 1, 2005, so whatever he thinks he's going to do for other countries, he better get to it,.... FAST . Who knows,..... the New President may disagree with Resident Bush's plans and scrap-em.

We can hope,.................... right ?

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 03:26 AM
link   

from nanna_of_6
Why do I say that ,..... it's our family-members that dying over there and the Iraqi citizens too, not Bush's or his friends

I hear this, and I hear people say that the US is sending our young people off to fight an old man's war, and I think about the many, many candidates for office, president included, who have served in the military in one form or another. And the two statements do not jive.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by nanna_of_6
Like I said, if Resident Bush&Co wants to give away money, let it come out of their personnal bank accts and the bank accts., of the people that voted for that FOOL, instead of America's.

Fair enough, I'll help foot the bill for the war on terror. After all, I kinda like not having to worry about being blown up when I walk outside. However, I demand that I be relieved of my obligation to pay for welfare, social security, medicare, and the other social programs I don't agree with. Let the liberals in this country who support these programs pay for them. I figure I'll make a hefty profit off this arrangement. Do we have a deal?

E_T

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by nanna_of_6
Bush is behaving more and more like Hitler and you know what was said about Hitler being the devil's brother.

Does this sound familiar:
www.infinicorp.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurdueNuc

I demand that I be relieved of my obligation to pay for welfare, social security, medicare, and the other social programs I don't agree with.

Since when has all these social programs became only "your obligation"? Every US citizen that is able to pay into these obligations, do so,....... it's not just ,....... you .
Let's take social security and medicare , are you trying to tell me that our elderly are not intitled to that program when they helped build it with the money they had paid into it, theirselves ?

What do you suggest we do with the elderly ,..... KILL all of them ? Just so people like you don't have to put in your share to keepsake this program,....... oh, excuse me, my mistake,................. Bush will make sure that your grandparents and parents will never be able to have what they had helped build, he will make sure that there is no "elderly" by letting them die , because he plans to scrap all programs........ he thinks he's GOD and has the right to start where Hitler left off,...... genocide of the undesireables, people on welfare, elderly on social security, etc .

It is a very sad day when some people think the "almighty dollar" is more important than babies,children and the elderly, ( shaking head), to think that America will be ruled by the un-godly greed of the few.

So tell me, do you plan on killing your grandparents and parents, just so YOU are not "OBLIGATED" to pay into Social Security and medicare ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join