It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you know when it's your time to "go"?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
After reading a related thread on here earlier today about the same sort of subject it got me thinking and reminded me of the many moments I should have died but didn't.

Note: Longish post, question is the last paragraph.

In fact, no less than 20 minutes ago I merged onto a freeway at 100km/h and there was a slow truck in front of me, so I floored it and merged over 2 lanes (I thought they were empty, I did check - twice) and got to 120km/h when suddenly two bright lights shine through my back windscreen as I cut them off, literally only inches from my back bumper, and had I been going 10km/h less I would have been tapped in the wet going 100km/h sideways down a freeway.

The previous incident was about a year ago, again while raining.
I was at a pedestrian crossing at about 9pm and the liht went green so I started walking.
As I got about half way I stopped, seemingly for no reason, and look at the bottom of my shoe. THE MOMENT I do this, a car with it's headlights off goes screaming through the crossing missing me by less than inches. If i hadn't of mysteriously stopped I would have been swiped up and shot through the air at 70km/h.

There's been other moments just like these but these are the two recent.

What I am wondering if, if we DO have a reason to be on Earth and we live here until we've done our cause, how do we know when we've done it?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
2nd post because I'm afraid with too much text many people won't bother reading it.

A few minutes after the freeway incident I was going over what had just happened and I felt a pressure on my left shoulder, like somebodies hand grasping it. That falls into the topic of the other thread about guardian angels but I thought I would mention it anyway.
Also it wasn't because of fear or stress or anything, I enjoyed what happened - it gave me a good rush.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
hmmm I know I have certianly had my share of near misses by me doing things I wouldn't have normally done. ie., wearing a seatbelt only because it happened go on automatically. Saved me from eating a windshield. I am told I was found floating on top of the pool when I was very small, I guess I fell in but have no recollection. I have no fear what so ever of the water though, in fact I find it quite comforting. I can name a lot actually of things I have walked away from that I shouldn't have, just don't want to be long winded.
I do know though that I always felt I was being "saved" for something down the road. I have saved someone else life from drowning. Like you ask, how will one know? I have no idea, I guess you don't until it is time to know.
I mean you might be around long enough to just say a simple thing to somebody that has no meaning to you really, but it changes their life in some way that could be profound.
I know things don't jut happen by accident.I feel myself at least that all is for a reason. The ripple effects are probably more important than the actual action.

lol, I know I have come nowhere near answering your question, but I do look forward to what others have to say

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I know what you mean about that "saved" feeling.

You are right though that perhaps your meaning is to say something nice to someone who, unknown to you, was going to commit suicide. Your words/help saved them and they later went on to be something that was of greater help to mankind.

Also, you don't usually wear seat bealts? Christ.. it's illegal here not to.

I don't know why anyone would not wear one.. that's like going bungee jumping with no rope.

[edit on 14/7/10 by Nventual]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
no such thing. people are taken all the time; and when self logic and reason then dictate someone being nullified, "reality" does not equate to that person "going".dont invest on profiting from actions you expect to take place because of your own "mind"'s laws, you will never cognitively reap the benefits of your sowing.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
It is a law here as well but at that time I didn't wear them because I had a friend die because they did wear one and got stuck in a burning car crash and it wasn't pretty. They lived, but needless to say they have a very hard life now.I guess it just raised a fear in me. Like I said on that particular day it just happened to snap on by itself and I left it. Funny thing was it was a very old car, but the good news was it did save me when we came to a sudden stop at about 50 when someone pulled out in front of us.

I used to own a bar and always made a point of talking to the not so popular patrons. Many came up to me later and told me that things I had said to them had really made a difference in their lives and thanked me for it, so I guess it does go to show you just never know the impact you have when you are paying the least bit of attention. I guess it follows the ol what goes around comes around thing

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ausar
no such thing. people are taken all the time; and when self logic and reason then dictate someone being nullified, "reality" does not equate to that person "going".dont invest on profiting from actions you expect to take place because of your own "mind"'s laws, you will never cognitively reap the benefits of your sowing.

What convinces you that each person doesn't have their own purpose on Earth? Simply because people die all the time? People are also born all the time, it's a delicate balance (although it's getting out of control now).

Not sure what you're talking about regarding profiting from actions.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by yigsstarhouseI used to own a bar and always made a point of talking to the not so popular patrons. Many came up to me later and told me that things I had said to them had really made a difference in their lives and thanked me for it, so I guess it does go to show you just never know the impact you have when you are paying the least bit of attention. I guess it follows the ol what goes around comes around thing

Ah same with me. I seem to have helped a lot of people in the past, not so much recently though.

I wonder if perhaps our purpose is to just make other people feel better? It may sound like a crazy and selfless purpose to anyone else but to me it seems reasonable.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
you misinterpret your own life if to me you tell me a person has a purpose in life.but language is tricky, for you im sure you can be a little of something and be a good person still; to me if i have a little hate i am not expressing my potential in life properly by not fully manifesting that emotion.

the words you spoke to me are weird. to me if a person has a purpose then an action a person takes goes along with that purpose; not like this: that if a person has a purpose they commit an action to fulfill that purpose.

purpose was never mentioned in my post; i was replying first to the content creator.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Up until about 8 years ago I lived on the razors edge. It was fun.

To defy death was a super rush.

Everything I did I did to the limit and pushed even harder to pass the limit.

Fast cars, fast motorcycles, fast boats and fast men. I owned them all.

But for the grace of God I should not be alive today. I enjoyed life to hilt and then some.

Replaced my speed boat with a party barge. Sold my very fast convertible and bought a truck, oh but it is still powerful. It's a Tundra Limited with all the bells and whistles and the biggest motor the company would put in it. But I drive sensibly now.

I'm living but the thrill of excitement is gone. I do miss it.

Oh and I exchanged a fast man for a very laid back, peaceful old soul that loves me dearly.

My 1973 Harley Davidson is being repaired and getting a new paint job.
Hoping that will re energize my life when I hit the road again.

Maybe that will take me out in a blaze of glory. I don't know if it will be my time or not. But as I look upon these wrinkled hands I'm wondering if my time is coming sooner than later.

I can tell you I am ready for the next adventure to a new dimension of life.

Shed no tears for me when I go because life has been one hell of a good ride.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual

Originally posted by yigsstarhouseI used to own a bar and always made a point of talking to the not so popular patrons. Many came up to me later and told me that things I had said to them had really made a difference in their lives and thanked me for it, so I guess it does go to show you just never know the impact you have when you are paying the least bit of attention. I guess it follows the ol what goes around comes around thing

Ah same with me. I seem to have helped a lot of people in the past, not so much recently though.

I wonder if perhaps our purpose is to just make other people feel better? It may sound like a crazy and selfless purpose to anyone else but to me it seems reasonable.

You mentioned "Not so much recently though," I am curious about that. Is it because you have become reclusive lately? I know I have. I used to always be out and about and now that is about the last thing I want to be unless it is out in my garden watching it grow.

I do think that could very well be "Our" purpose. Our way of helping people. I have led a life of a path less traveled thats for sure. Not a conventional life at all, and because of this I have had the ability to be places I wouldn't have normally been if I had been conventional. I can't help but think there was a reason for that. It took me awhile to realize it and a lot of people disagreed with my way of living, but that was the beat my drummer played and I am glad I danced to my own tune!

And Dizziedame? You Rock!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by yigsstarhouse
You mentioned "Not so much recently though," I am curious about that. Is it because you have become reclusive lately? I know I have. I used to always be out and about and now that is about the last thing I want to be unless it is out in my garden watching it grow.

Yeah, actually, how'd you know lol? Also it seems to be a family thing, my mum was the same and spent her whole life making other people happy without consciously doing it and never getting much in return.
You're not a leo are you? just going by your avatar.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Nope not a leo, that is just one of my art pieces. When did you start becoming reclusive or that you noticed it? hmmm Maybe this is "our time" to go a different way. I have no problem interacting on here or emails or whatever, but I really want the least to do with the 3d life, if that made sense. Odd since I used to be such a outgoing person. Cool how we are on different sides of the world sharing like this isn't it?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

People that wants to know will know, those that closes their mind to the acceptance of death will not.

In our lives is three instances in wish we have come so close to death that we actually remember those incidents.

I have two already, for what I have read, you have actually the chance to exit this life those three times, but if you chose not to you will live until your end of live that whats predestined to you will come.

One thing I am sure off, is that I actually know that my death will not be a violent one and neither cause by a accident

[edit on 14-7-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   

You will know when it is time.

However, if you aren't prepared, that will cause you problems,

So, knowing you will pass from this time, and you DO know you will have to travel on, then prepare yourself in advance,

And, accept that moment.

What can you do to make it an easy transition?

Learn what it is you are here for.

The knowledge is there. Seek and you shall find, some sort of influential person once said.

All of your snswers are within you.

You don't need to ask me or anyone else. You've got all the answers within.

Know yourself and you need not anymore questions.

You are the answer.

Search, friend, and enjoy the search! Me? I love the search.
But I already know the answer. But it's fun as hell to prove it to myself

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

You Die is how you know.
Second line, you need driving lessons.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
you play in traffic and speed on wet slippery roads, it is a miracle you're alive. than again, you're just asking for it. one of these days, you're not going to be so lucky.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

are you asking for 'premonitions'...like suddenly deciding not to take that airplane flight?

both your incidents are far removed from the act of relinquishing one's hold on living... or, when it's your time to 'go'

there have been scenes in films where a tribal member decides it's time to go to the spirit in the sky, makes a few chants/songs then dies, willfully...
is that the [time to Go] you mean?

i wonder if the sign or signal that it's time-to-go is when one's inner reality takes over from the mundane ordinary reality of the natural world we keep rhythm to.
everything becomes blurry, your mind is reeling, the quintessential life-review flashes thru in your minds eye, your at 'peace' with the universe...
-0r- that could just be a stroke, heartattack, or just giving-up-the-ghost in folklore...

[edit on 14-7-2010 by St Udio]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I don't know that anyone really gets a dedicated heads up, but if the moment seems filled with that potential, then the sub conscious probably does brace a bit for impact.

On January 19 of last year, a very dear friend of mine was killed by her mentally ill son, and even with his violent outburasts, the whole thing was a complete shock to everyone around her. Probably for her too. If there was a reason for that murder, then it escapes me as to what it was. As for her life, it was one frustration and disappointment laid next to another, with her being as stoic and positive as possible through it all. Coming to her aid was a hobby of mine, so it's not as though we didn't work hard at turning things around, and yet, nothing ever really affected the trajectory of her life to any real degree. When I found out she'd been murdered, I slept for days. It was almost as if she was finally home from war.

I'm of the opinion that our reason for corporeal life is not directly associated with affecting planet earth at all, but as with all things connected with existence, there's no way to know while we're in the middle of it all.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I'm not so sure that you "know" when it's time to leave this Earth. I have been through similar experiences and nearly lost my life on numerous occasions, again certain events has transpired that have inexplicably saved me from death.

I have the belief that when its time to go, its time to go. The notion of fate isn't a particularly nice one in my opinion because it means that I'm not in control of my own life, whether this is the case or not I guess I'll never know.

If you aren't afraid of death then you have nothing to worry about, I'm agnostic and as such believe there is something along the lines that could be described as life after death.

Some of the spiritual feelings and experiences I have had, some of the powerful emotions I have felt lead me to believe that once we cease to exist in the physical we're no longer non existent, just a different type of existent.

I help people all the time without evening realizing at that moment, I told a psychiatrist in the pub at the weekend he wanted to reassess his life as I could see the pain in his eyes and that he was taking work home with him.

Everybody has a different interpretation of why they are here on this planet, mine is pretty simple; to learn as much as possible, to enjoy yourself as much as you can and to help other people as much as possible.

Don't get me wrong, that's my personal mantra but if someone cross's me then they better be prepared for the consequences.

Life is about balance, in all respects...

[edit on 14/7/10 by Death_Kron]

[edit on 14/7/10 by Death_Kron]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join