It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ANALYSIS: 9/11 - Pentagon Could Have Been Saved?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
�Disastrously unprepared� is how the 9/11 Panel will describe the United States domestic air defense on 9/11. Sources say the report, which will be released on Thursday, points out many flaws and mistakes made by air defense officials on that day. The report also implies that a more concerted effort may have allowed Air Force jets to shoot down the plane that hit the Pentagon before it got there.

Reuters

The commission says the air-defense command was slow and confused in its response to the airliner hijacking attacks on New York and Washington, according to officials who have read a draft report of the commission's findings, the paper said.

The report, they said, suggests without explicitly saying that a more organized response by the North American Aerospace Defense Command (Norad) might have allowed fighter pilots to reach one jetliner and shoot it down before it flew into the Pentagon, more than 50 minutes after the first of the hijacked planes crashed into the World Trade Center in New York.

Instead, the report finds, an emergency order from Vice President Dick Cheney authorizing hijacked planes to be shot down did not reach pilots until the last of the four commandeered aircraft had crashed into a field in Pennsylvania.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

There are many threads on ATS speculating on the response of the Government on 9/11, please do a search before starting a new one.

[edit on 6/16/04 by Seth Bullock]

[edit on 6-16-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
So instead of a plane crashing into the pentagon, we would have had a shot down plane crashing somewhere in the middle of downtown DC.

Hmmm.....

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The planes should not have even reached Washington. They had been up in the air for hours and NORAD did nothing. There has to be a reason why this happened.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Valhal,

Why are you getting on his case about starting a new thread? The new part of it being that the commision is about to state their findings. Why would he have to post in an already 10-20 page thread about new relevant issues? Just a question.

Onto the disscussion. I think that the order was given to shoot down the fourth plane and they just don't want everyone to know this. So, they made up the story of the passengers taking over the plane. Why would the plane crash as it did if the passengers took it over? Yeah, maybe the terrorist pilot crashed the plane but why in a feild? It was close enough to Sommerset, PA, at least it would have done more damage if crashed into a city.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
It's not a secret that the order was given to shoot down the fourth plane.
They did give the order.

(and yes I believe they did shoot down the plane)

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacMerdin
Valhal,

Why are you getting on his case about starting a new thread? The new part of it being that the commision is about to state their findings. Why would he have to post in an already 10-20 page thread about new relevant issues? Just a question.

Um.. that was part of th original story I wrote. I was trying to get across the info that there are plenty of threads to research, in fact too many to list. Poorly worded on my part, but not Valhalls fault. Sorry.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The funny thing about all of this is that NORAD was in the Eastern Airspace at the time. Practicing exercises for hijacked airplanes. HMMMM

top topics

join