It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could the mark of the beast be modern day tattos?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
In my opinion the Mark Of The Beast will be a kind of tatoo - or, more likely a RFID-chip.
Guess why they here in Germany (and everywhere else) replace analog transmitters (usualy used for radio/TV) to digital transmitters.
They t e l l us, digital transmission is better with quality/purposes etc. that´s damned b.s.
They will force us to get the RFID-chips implanted. Otherwise you will be beheaded.
That´s the (sad) truth.
Trust in the Word Of God! Read The Holy Bible. Resist and refuse getting the mark - whatever it may be. To be killed is one thing but suffering eternal pain (in Hell) is another!
God bless you!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

Nice thought, I’m glad I have no tattoos.
You will also find a sampler of people with tattoos really don’t worry much about the heaven/hell paradox.
And about the devil fooling the world, “The Usual Suspects” was a rockin film
But the saying does have merit.
It is a good thing I am not a Christian and have no tats.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

sure it means leet kind of a hackers code word for 1337

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

I didnt read all the posts here..but just let me say.. tattoos are not "evil".

They are an expression of self body-art...

I know you must believe in the "devil" and how evil he is..and wants you to get tattoos...

Just think about it..isnt that kind of silly?

If there were a devil..wouldnt he want to do all his "evil" under the table, so to speak...

Let's say..oh I dunno..lottery tickets..or master card...i dunno

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

heh good point . like i was saying when i got my tattos every one of them it did not feel right infact i would like to get rid of them also in my post i stated that the devils greatest trick he can play on man is to let you know that he does not exist

thats if there is a devil

ty for you post my friend

Nephi

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Nephi1337]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nephi1337
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

heh good point . like i was saying when i got my tattos every one of them it did not feel right infact i would like to get rid of them also in my post i stated that the devils greatest trick he can play on man is to let you know that he does not exist

thats if there is a devil

ty for you post my friend

Nephi

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Nephi1337]

Well..im sorry you feel that way , friend

All my tattoos feel right..it's like an expression of "self"..but then..I made sure I wanted them..and didnt get something stupid..lol

You CAN get rid of them..it will just cost a bit for the lazer removal..

Just remember..you can't judge a book by it's cover..and it's what's inside that counts..lame sayings..but they ring true

BTW>.I dont think the devil has a bunch of tats..he wouldnt want to seem too cool
That is..if there were one

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Well I cant put much store in what some fasting, possibly hallucinogen, addled old greek wrote about what he hoped would happen to the Roman Empire, but was too nuts, scared, or both to write plainly so resorted to complex metaphor. We know as historical fact that the Romans were brought down by a combination of internal corruption & unrealistic, dishonest foreign policy. How ironic then that the Empire regained & extended its power by hijacking the very belief system which would embrace dear old John's ramblings as part of its canon, a book containing some wise insights into the human condition (largely ignored), plenty that was getting out of date even then & is now way past fit for purpose (kept to maintain political control) & an awful lot of history written by the victors, liberally sprinkled with utter nonsense (essential for interpretation any which way suited those with the power to maintain the priesthood).
Imo the most important lessons we can learn from any religion are by comparing its texts to verifiable historical writings & archaeological data, understanding the beliefs in the context of their time & place & then working out how those ideas influenced subsequent events. I hate to trot out this old cherry, but in this instance its particularly apt: "Those who refuse to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat it."
Trouble is, religion seeks to prevent the kind of scrutiny I've outlined with concepts like heresy & blasphemy. Is it any wonder then that, in the age of religious dominance, we have good evidence of countless repetitions of mistakes? As a quick example, consider the topic at hand: the end of the world as John of Patmos knew it. The wounded Empire regained its power, only to lose the bulk of it to local rulers; the British Empire brought to the brink of destruction by the self same corruption & stupid foreign policy, saved by the imposition of the new religion 'bureaucracy' & lost to local rulers or usurped by the USA.
I'll consider the USA below...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I'm under the impression that your Social Security card is the mark, even though it's not a visible mark. You are no more required to have a social security card as you are required to pay income taxes. The card is not forced, yet everyone has one. They've made it so you cannot function in their society without one, and it is a unique identification for each person that stays with you throughout your entire life.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
the MARK of the Beast-empire, having the Mark, is for commoners, it is the lowest entry level stage of the three (3) signs of committment.

i will hold out for the NAME of the Beast, because that will only be worn by the elite class....

the intermediate stage of assimilation will be those who wear the NUMBER of the Beast, these will be the technician class in this short lived system

it will resemble a pyramid; most with the Mark, fewer with the #, very few with the Name :

..........NAME...........

.........Number.........

MARK OF THE BEAST

[edit on 14-7-2010 by St Udio]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
What do you think of the term "anti-christ" being the way our world is rejecting Christianity? It seems an agenda by TPTB to eliminate Christianity by having an "anti-christ attitude. Our whole society is becoming anti-christ!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
So to the USA then... Gained its unacknowledged empire through the skillful maneuvers of Roosevelt et al. immediately prior to, during & after WW2 by assuming the previously British mantles of 'Premier Trading Nation' & (briefly) 'Workshop Of The World', then by forcing the deal that allowed debts owed by various nations in £Stirling to be repaid in US$, instantly catapulting the US$ into its, until recently, unassailable position as Foreign Reserve Currency of choice for the entire world; but what of the USA's downfall?
Well we could argue that the rot of corruption & unrealistic, dishonest foreign policy really set in during the Viet Nam war & with Nixon continuing the earlier trend to completely decouple the US$ from gold reserves. There can be no doubt that, with Europe's manufacturing base pretty much recovered from the devastation of WW2, the USA's manufacturing over-capacity was about to become a significant factor in another stock market crash, just as a few decades earlier, unless new markets could be found for US goods. Shame there weren't any wars going on which would leave the devastated countries as dependent on the USA as Europe had been. Still, there was Korea, if something similar came out of Viet Nam that'd work & hey, why not overthrow some governments in our own backyard & install some dictators we can do business with?
If we accept this argument then we should expect there to have been a new religion to help reconsolidate US power, ie for history to repeat itself. How about "In The Market We Trust"?
Of course, every religion has a secret doctrine which is wildly at odds with its mission statement. Christianity: God is Love & Created Man in His Own Image / Secret Doctrine = make every natural urge a Sin (+ Original Sin to catch even the most unnatural folk) so that everyone must come to church to be absolved & pay for the privilidge. British Bureaucracy: Our Way is Organised & Efficient / SD = nothing happens without a form, so a few Brits can control millions.
Again USA below

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
So to the USA again. Religion = The Holy Market / Secret Doctrine = we only trust markets we control. So long as foreigners keep accepting US$ for their stuff & use them amongst each other to buy & sell oil then we'll enjoy printing more & eating a free lunch. If you don't, you're in The Axis of Evil (refusing US$ is what defines Evil in this religion) & we'll invade your ass or force the UN to sanction it off.
So what of the downfall (& if this seems longwinded, I apologise, but stick with me & I'll bring it all back round to The Mark of The Beast eventually)?
For Rome it came piecemeal as schisms emerged during The Reformation & local rulers realised the benefits of rejecting the Holy Roman Writ. For the British it came faster as warfare became steadily more industrialised &, very similarly to religious schism, various well educated colonials (at the time necessarily from social strata used to wielding power & influence) realised they could run The Holy Bureaucracy solely for their own benefit, rather than that of their British masters.
How is it coming for the USA then? In our nuclear age, wars between great powers can only be fought by proxy, for fear of Mutually Assured Destruction, but economically the USA has never been more vulnerable. Having run a Trade Deficit of US$billions year after year for decades & only the Clinton Administration having managed to balance the Federal Govt's budget, the USA has been technically bankrupt for at least 7yrs. Its simple: if you spend more than you earn, you cant pay your debts. Here is where we start getting back round to "The End of The World", because, despite all the media hype about the poor condition of Eurozone countries' finances, in reality the Eurozone has a small Trade Surplus & so, whilst it may take ages, the Eurozone can pay its debts.
Now many smaller investors believed the hype & ran for the haven of US T-bills recently, but you can bet your ass that big corps saw this coming years ago. So yes, the world as we know it will end & soon...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Did anyone even read the second post of the OP,..
something to the effect "of never mind this is bunk"

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
So back to the idea I introduced in my 1st post (that we must understand beliefs in their proper context) & bearing in mind that throughout this period since John of Patmos produced his Apocalypse, the Abrahamic religions have been dominant, then we should expect that core beliefs shared by all 3 should have had the most profound effect upon the events during which they were/are current, right? It should also come as no surprise that, if we dispense with John's culture-specific symbolism, we can find distinct parallels between the end of his world, the ends of many other "worlds" since then & the likely "end" of our own, as the same belief structures are still in place.
If we also take it that the US domestic economy has been tied to the stake, shot & merely awaits the coup de grace (& the way US corps are busy investing anywhere but on US soil backs that up) & consider that the US$ is so important to our world as we know it, then its obvious how it will end: in financial collapse, which could result in serious warfare. Then again, before we get fixated on the old fire & brimstone, its worth noting that the world has dramatically changed before without the need for biblical imagery to be physically manifested &, more importantly to our current world, there's no profit in total nuclear war.
So then, core beliefs vs financial collapse... Until the advent of protestantism Christianity forbade Usury, as does Judaism & Islam. Currently, only Islam has much claim to be holding on to that belief, tenuously at best. Still, if a Mark of The Beast is a sign of The End of The World, nobody can trade without it & we accept that western & especially US debt is the likely cause, then Credit, either a card in the right hand or the mindset behind the forehead is a good candidate.
That sounds a bit simplistic to me tho. Whenever I've pondered these heavy types of issue, I've always found layers of further understanding. Not that they invalidate the truth of the previous, just go deeper...
Which I'll try to do next...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

Interesting thought about the social security card! Something about it, though, doesn't quite fit for me. This mark is something we have to freely chose to obtain at a time when there's massive pressure to get it (on penalty of death if we choose not to), not something we already have and then have to choose to later repudiate. We may be able to choose whether or not to carry a social security card, but a social security number is something we're assigned at birth and don't have a choice about whether or not we get it.

A social security number is not something that we're told under penalty of death that we must have, and we are able to buy and sell without it. Also, the mark will have the number of the beast's name, but a social security number is different for each person and so couldn't be the number of his name.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Ariel]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Deeper then! A fool's errand, about to step off a cliff without a care in the world, secure in the anticipation of being bouyed up by angels, or perhaps ign0rance really is bliss? Whatever, lets see...
Of the core beliefs of the Abrahamic religions, 2 spring to mind:
1) That the world will end, after a period of torment, but that those who remain true to the teachings of the sect into which they were inculcated will be saved by the miraculous appearance of a messiah/prophet/etc from heaven.
2) That no matter how bad the sin, even if it incurres mutilation or death from society, there will be some form of redemption available to the truly repentant.
Now I realise that 2) is contentious amongst some sects, but I'm talking about the broad concensus of views here & their effect on the actions of those exposed to them. If you'll indulge me, I'll now go into the idea of The Beast itself.
No matter how ascetic, aesthetic, ethical, spiritual or intellectual one may be, the plain fact is that, in this life, whatever constitutes our individuality, be it a soul, a series of biological processes, or whatever, is contained within a beast. We are subject to all sorts of instincts & unconscious impulses which both arise from & initiate emotions, many of which may conflict with each other with respect to the same stimulus. This is the inescapable condition of self aware flesh & blood, more commonly known as The Human Condition. No matter how much we might strive to, we cannot escape the fact that we must breath, drink, eat, pee, crap, sleep, keep warm... & lets not forget our sexuality & all the impulses to control resources & gain status that it is at the root of... & that's before we have children!
OK, but the traditional religious path, particularly in the Abrahamic sects, where the duality of good/evil, right/wrong, spiritual/physical, etc. is absolutely paramount, is to deny "the beast", whether by refusing the natural urges or going further & denying their existance at all.
Oh its all flowing out today

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Oops, bit of RL interference...
Continuing from above then, Psychology & Medicine tell us that suppressing our natural urges & repressing the emotions that arise (ie denying our beast) leads to illness, both mental & physical. Less dramatically, CBT shows that those who dont accept & process feelings they find difficult must find coping strategies to deal with situations where such feelings are triggered & often have a bit of a freak out when such strategies no longer work. We can think of such unprocessed feelings as like a large dog kept locked in a house day after day, with little exercise or attention: sooner or later, its going to do something we'd really rather it didn't.
Its a question of response vs reaction. If we cannot or will not accept the reality of our physical nature then we are at its mercy, forever lead unconsciously into actions dictated by our coping strategies or lack thereof. However, if we do accept our beast nature, understand it & factor it in to our thinking regarding any difficult situation, then we can respond consciously & exercise whatsoever free will we're all so proud to believe we have. To extend the metaphor, if we take the dog for a walk & let it off the leash to be itself, in an appropriate setting, frequently enough, then it wont howl all day, chew the furniture or bite someone.
Consider the word 'responsibility' then: at its root it clearly means "the ability to respond". Thus we see that a denial of our beast prevents us from being truly response-able. Factor in the 2 core beliefs I mentioned above, ie all I have to do is keep believing what I've been told, acting accordingly & avoiding that which I'm told is sinful, but repenting for my failures & everything will be alright in the end. Does that sound like a recipe for taking personal responsibility for our thoughts, feelings & actions, or like an abdication of said in favour of learned behaviours which leave us up sh# creek without a paddle when they dont work?
I'll drag this back to The Mark of The Beast next...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
So, if we accept that the inability to respond with both head & heart leads to unconscious reaction, ie ill-considered thoughts & actions (head & hand), or the supremacy of The Beast, what then is its Mark? Going back to the beginning of my discussion of Religion & following through from its propensity to stifle examination of itself to its doctrines which proscribe self-examination amongst adherents except within strict, non-sinful, boundaries, isn't it clear that Religion itself is The Mark of The Beast? For who can trust anyone whose beliefs make them literally unable to be anything but irresponsible?
Like it or not, another part of our physical legacy is that we are gregarious beasts. What is more corrosive to individual interactions than a lack of trust?
Finally then consider the phrase "Love Your Beast" & then consider the often misunderstood quote from Aliester Crowley (nicknamed The Beast
) "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law."
If we were truly responsible, able to accept our physical nature & exercise it appropriately, understanding that others have very similar needs & thus require the same space to be themselves, then what need is there for any other law?
If you've followed me from the beginning, thank you & goodnight!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

Yes but its an interesting topic to speculate on nevertheless.
2nd line.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
in the death camps your SS number was tattooed on your forearm.
now your SS number is issued to you. and there is your mark of the beast-
according to my tenents- the Church of Later Dude Saints..

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join