It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

could the mark of the beast be modern day tattos?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by p51mustang

"Later Dude Saints" - love it!

Absolutely love it!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
tattos,ss,credit,chip ........maybe its all part of the whole plan this 666 beast

who knows will we ever know ? anyway thank you all for replying on this accdent post of mine

Love

Nephi

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Tattoos have been around for thousands of years in essentially every culture around the world.

They are not something new to just pop up.

I think that assuming the bible is true ( and that is a HUGE assumption) then the mark of the beast would have to be something far more original and easily identifiable than tattoos. I mean I think if it were the mark of the beast it would have to be a brand new phenomenon. Either that or Satan is REALLY running late

Do I think tattoos are the mark of the beast? Not at all.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
were tattos common in the christan faith ? , also i am not sure about this statemnet but does the christan faith say that all who do not find jesus go to hell ? kind of silly ,but my point being yes the tattos where around for a long time but every faith but the cristan faith bore them ? like tribal marking and such and i guess acording to the christan faith theese people are going to hell flkdsjflskjdflksjdflksjdf i dono its all lame to me this god stuff has me wondering somtimes please come one correct me and my spelling lol

love Nephi

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
You have to read the prophecy in context of the author. 50 to 100 AD. Slaves were common back then. Frequently they bore a mark signifying their owner. On the leg or the hand. Also one should know that a bible verse may have multiple meanings. So it's quite possible that a second meaning to the prophecy may be that they are a supporter of the Antichrist and the system he leads.

So you cannot actually write off alternative meanings to a prophecy even if you don't like it. It could be valid.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ntech

heh good point i have read all the posts that keep reminding me of how tattos are not the mark of the best and most of the posts are very in depth on proving there points ,but yours however is very simple with a good truth behind it , i think that if it were not for my feeling that i have had from every tattoo that i have got i would be able to exsept their answers ,but its strange that every time i got a tattoo i got a very bad feeling its like nothing but negitive right when i walk through the door but i thought maybe it was just me i wonder if anyone els has had the same feeling ? thank you for your very simple truthful post ,

love

Nephi

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I wish they're were an opposite of a star..Like a Asteroid or something..Then I'd say this thread was deserving of many Asteroids.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Maybe if you could spell tattoo correctly in your title I could take you sersiously.

My tattoos have nothing to do with religion, the mark of the beast, or the devil. Just pesonal artistic interists. Enough said

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

Just wondering why go through with the tattoo if you have negative feelings about it. Do you still feel those negative feelings when you look at your ink?

I'm not saying anything against you but it sounds like YOU really didn't want them and got them for other reasons beyond my comprehension. That's probibly your subconscious saying this isn't me.

Always feels good when I go, even the pain is a good pain. If I had more money I tell you lol I'd be covered.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

No, not tattoos - unless you get 666 tattoed - that is the mark of the beast apparently.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
great... so we need another tattoos are evil thread?

i wonder how many early christians had tattoos? plenty of romans did. i've read of at least one sect of early christians that practiced ritual tattooing.

that guilty feeling you're feeling? it's called freedom. you've just been programmed to reject it.

also... the quality of your ink, top knotch? or low grade? a bad tattoo will make you feel like crap about your decision.

what i don't understand is how folks can trivialize their god in such a way as to assume that something so trite could incur wrath. then again, many consider dancing a sin.

and what of the large contingent of followers that get tatted-up 'for the lord', so to speak, with scripture and judeo-christian imagery

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Something I find interesting when talking of the "Mark of the Beast", is what/who is the beast?

In Revelation 13:11-13 it's described as having horns of a lamb and speech of a dragon, and it will make the people worship the first beast.

The first beast is described in Revelation 13:1 as having 7 heads, 10 horns and 10 crowns.

So I think that trying to take too much of a literal view of this story is difficult. But if you do, it will be very obvious when the beast appears based on these descriptions.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I believe the mark of the beast is a feeling we should just naturally GET, that's if we trust and our gut feelings. We tend to ignore them and what happens, it usually goes wrong.

The best way to find a follower of the (symbolic) beast: Converse and make your own judgement.

We all know what we think evil is and hence we instinctively know who bad people are. The media have allot to answer for that, they have created stigma, predudice, racism etc, all the things that build hatred against our fellow men.

The beast will no doubt disguise themselves as a face we trust, or have accepted. Remember there's always an Achilles heel, you just have to find it. We have been indoctrinated with the media & religion We have been set free, it's now we should use it.

The masses will never waken, they will be the ones in the most pain.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bunken Drum
So, if we accept that the inability to respond with both head & heart leads to unconscious reaction, ie ill-considered thoughts & actions (head & hand), or the supremacy of The Beast, what then is its Mark? Going back to the beginning of my discussion of Religion & following through from its propensity to stifle examination of itself to its doctrines which proscribe self-examination amongst adherents except within strict, non-sinful, boundaries, isn't it clear that Religion itself is The Mark of The Beast? For who can trust anyone whose beliefs make them literally unable to be anything but irresponsible?
Like it or not, another part of our physical legacy is that we are gregarious beasts. What is more corrosive to individual interactions than a lack of trust?
Finally then consider the phrase "Love Your Beast" & then consider the often misunderstood quote from Aliester Crowley (nicknamed The Beast
) "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law."
If we were truly responsible, able to accept our physical nature & exercise it appropriately, understanding that others have very similar needs & thus require the same space to be themselves, then what need is there for any other law?
If you've followed me from the beginning, thank you & goodnight!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Actually, accepting our physical nature and excercising it appropriately is exactly what religion does when it sets out guidelines about how we are to appropriately live in love, peace, and harmony with each other.

Just a few examples as food for thought.

If you're angry, exercise forgiveness, work to correct injustices, and channel that anger appropriately to resolve the situation so that you don't kill. There's nothing that says you can't use creative (art, drama, writing, etc.) or physical (e.g., sports) outlets to get out that anger in a productive rather than destructive way. It's more helpful than nurturing and dwelling on that anger in terms of thoughts of bitterness or revenge.

Just because you want something...doesn't mean you can take it from someone else it belongs to. Work for it and buy one for yourself. Stealing is not the way to channel that desire for things.

Tell the truth...because it's about living in trust with others.

Keeping sex within marriage...because it's about bonding and sharing yourself totally with someone you love and have committed your life to. It's more than the mere physical gratification of it. And it hopefully gives a child a loving, stable family to grow into if/when a child is created. Yeah, this is probably people's biggest complaint about how strict religion is. But if you think about the idea, it makes sense, rather than a child being born into a situation where the father isn't known, or wants nothing to do with him/her, or where the parents just wanted sex and never at all wanted to create a child together.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Ariel]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
A good question will be WHEN is it going to happen. the people 300 years ago obviously did not read their bible because certain prophecies had not yet been passed so i have no idea why they think that it was in their time. a big one is when isreal becomes a nation, which it did in 1948, it is said that the generation will not pass. however that was not the bibical isreal. the bibical isreal is now acouple of countries today. So im not quite sure if it meant the bibical area or the actual country mapped today. But if thats the case, then it would seem to happen in my lifetime. apparently also technology will soar up high in the end times. in the past 100 years alone, our technology has been the fastest growing in all time. I wonder what that says? The bible says to watch for the signs of the season. Im not saying that im a christian, im just saying what the bible says. you can believe it however you want though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join