It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Just Got Back From Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

They like our clothes and music. I had a friend who lived in Tehran for one year, teaching English. They offered her huge amounts of money for her clothing..........like..$2,000 for a pair of jeans.

She made some lfriends, and asked her Mom to send her jeans and music so she could give them to them. When they arrived to her, the packages had been opened, and the items destroyed.

She started getting a little freaked out (well, actually she got trichinosis from a ham pizza...yes, ham). When she got ready to leave, she showed her passport, and they took it and she couldn't get it back.

It took her months, and the intervention of her parents and others, to cause them to give her passport back so she could leave. In the meantime, she was getting sicker and sicker, and the doctors kept telling her it was allergies.

She loved the people, culture, and environment, but she was afraid of the government.

But when she was in line at the bank, or something like that, they would see she was an American, and offer to let her ahead of them, and the like. If someone did something rude to her, they would later say "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were American, we'll take care of this".

Interesting.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Through all the demonising, through all the warmongering, through all the fearmongering, it comes down to the fact that Iranians are human beings.

They are just like you.

Iranians hope, they dream, they love, they care, they aspire, they fear, they dislike, they cherish, they laugh, they smile, and they cry. They have all the emotions anybody does.

They are mothers, daughters, grandmothers, aunts, sisters, brothers, sons, fathers, uncles, grandfathers, and they work, have families, and for their holidays go to the Iranian coast.

And if the warmongers get their way, for geopolitical and geostrategical reasons, for the 'Great Game', they will die. They will be maimed.

They will be orphaned. They will be widowed. They will be mutilated.

They will die and be injured, and there will be no turning the clock back.

That is what 'bombing back to the stone age' a phrase I see too often that advocates mass killing, means. It means death. It means destruction. It means the smell of roasted flesh fills the air, along with the wailings of those that have loved and lost those they cherish the most.

Many Iranians don't like their government, just like Americans just don't like their government.

But if attacked, if they see their loved ones be maimed and killed, if they see their homes destroyed, all in flame and blood, they will rally around their government, rally around their flag, just like Americans would if they were in the same situation, and they will fight back.

Iranians are just like you, remember that always. And the demonisation of them is to prepare you not to care so much that fellow human beings are being killed if or when the bombs fall upon them dropped thanks to your tax money.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Regensturm]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
This is an encouraging and thought provoking article.
Thanks for the thread.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by I AM LEGION

All this I already knew but many do not, thank you for sharing.

It's one the reasons I don't exactly want a war with Iran. If there has to be some sort of military actions it must be minimum.

That might be why the US does not want to invade. they do not want to lose the popular support of a potential future ally and industrial core base.

It will take time but eventually there is going to be an inside event to change their government.

Never forget. It took over 100 years to get America to even become an idea in the people's hearts before any revolution.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
There's an interesting and pretty comprehensive poll of the Iranian people with some pretty good political analysis that pretty much backs up what he says linked to and discussed in this thread here for anyone who is interested.

Great post...thanks, I Am Legion.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
It's All around U.....

for those that see as a sEA.....
To stand before a creation as a Michaelangelo unto a slab of marble.
To see the 'Form' of the form is a beautiful thing.
Did you miss the wrap of the clip.....the End ofitall.
As you were.....

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Its a pity a country is measured on its leaders instead of it's people. the sad thing is Iranians will get bombed to hell and back for no good reason.

If American, Isreal and Europe are meant to be countries that other nations aspire to be like then they should be setting the example of how to live together not setting the example of you will do it or we will kill you.

When faced with a choice like that all it does is get peoples backs up pushes them into a corner and makes them fight for what is theres.

All countires need to drop the expansionist type ways and get on with letting there people live the way they want to and not force there ways on anyone else and that goes for all sides.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Shows like the daily show are just a waste of brain, how can you possibly take these jokers seriously? I can't because I can see through them. Now if you would like to see a much better way to do the same thing but without the worthless tabloid humor I suggest you watch "where in the world is osama bin laden" which is showing on HULU right now in the documentaries section. While the guy does not go to Iran, and this is also to do a little arguing with the author who just came back from iran, since he only visited one country and then decides to tell me that it is the most america friendly of all the muslim nations without a shred of proof, nothing but his words, well this show about osama bin laden is much better and will show every open mind here that it is true all across the middle east. I'm not going to post a link so for those who cant go to hulu.com and find it themselves...well too bad. Peace

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Iran is a place where the government is run by Islamic Law. It is a place where women are FORCED to veil. It is a place which has the DEATH PENALTY for those who leave Islam. Sure, it's not as strict as Saudi Arabia. You can listen to music in Iran, unlike Saudi Arabia. They have non-Muslims practicing their religion in Iran, unlike Saudi Arabia. But my point is that the Iranian GOVERNMENT is oppressing its people through Islamic Law.

The Iranian government should not be able to continue. The people should be freed, and this is nothing like Iraq, pre-Saddam. Saddam Hussein was SECULAR, so the people were not "freed" from Islamic Law after the fall of Saddam, it was the opposite. After Saddam Islamic Law began to conquer the land. The population of Christians in Iraq dropped from 1.5 million to less than 400,000 since 2003.

Although it's likely dangerous (for an Iranian in Iran) to admit it, the pro-American Iranians would love for their government to be replaced by a secular government, even if it means America invading their country. I doubt the number of innocents killed will exceed the number of innocents that would have been killed by the tyrannical Iranian government.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sizzlean
reply to post by MrXYZ

Shows like the daily show are just a waste of brain, how can you possibly take these jokers seriously? I can't because I can see through them. Now if you would like to see a much better way to do the same thing but without the worthless tabloid humor I suggest you watch "where in the world is osama bin laden" which is showing on HULU right now in the documentaries section. While the guy does not go to Iran, and this is also to do a little arguing with the author who just came back from iran, since he only visited one country and then decides to tell me that it is the most america friendly of all the muslim nations without a shred of proof, nothing but his words, well this show about osama bin laden is much better and will show every open mind here that it is true all across the middle east. I'm not going to post a link so for those who cant go to hulu.com and find it themselves...well too bad. Peace

"Nothing but words"??? Let me guess, you saw "Daily Show" in the title and didn't even bother watching the videos. It's the only explanation for your uninformed post

There's VIDEO footage of them walking all around Iran, you can't fake that. It very much supports what the author in the OP says. Given that they've all been to Iran, and you haven't, I'll go with their view based on reality rather than your fear mongering. Thx anyway for your post

I think it's laughable that you try to prove Iran and its people are evil through a documentary about Osama bin Laden who has NOTHING to do with Iran. Hell, the Taliban and Iran have been enemies for ages. Just goes to show how uninformed you are...

Hell, the people don't even speak Arabic like the Taliban, lol.

I think it's sad that a comedy show has to bring us reality because Hillary Clinton, Ron Paul, and all the other "bomb Iran" bozos fail at it so badly.

I don't think anyone's arguing against the Iranian GOVERNMENT being retarded, but that's a whole different thing. What right have we to bomb an entire nation because of the actions of its governments...and so far they haven't even attacked us! This would be a preemptive strike that would cost many innocent lives...and for what??? The country is on the other side of the globe from the US, and doesn't even pose a threat to the US! Eventually the Iranian government will fall as the wealthy Iranian middle class grows, it's just a matter of time.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
A very good friend of mine is Iranian (he's actually over there now). Having gotten to know his family and friends here in the states, I can say that the Iranians I have met all are really nice and cool people. They are very hospitable, his mom always offers me something to eat whenever I come over and asks me how my parents are. I talk to his friends and relatives, and they are very polite and talkative, although the language barrier can sometime get in the way.

Whenever the topic of politics comes up, they kind of shake their heads a bit. They really were hoping for changes through voting in a new leader last year. He had overwhelming popular support, though somehow the old guy, Ahmadinejad won in a landslide. It was pretty much known the election was rigged, and just a quick search can reveal all the protests and riots in the last year over this.

They don't want a nuclear program, they don't give a crap about. They just want their gov't to stop being idiots and peace (kind of like us).

When we first became friends, I worried that he would be pissed when he found out I was Jewish. When I told him, he shrugged and just. His family and friends don't seem to be bothered by the fact I'm Jewish, they kind of all shrug it off.

In conclusion, having known him for 2 years now and meeting his friends and family, I'd have to say that they really are good people. The problem isn't them, like us it's their gov't.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
It would seem that Iranians have more love for Americans, then Americans have for them self, hehe.

Iran is so obviously not our enemy, and anyone with an ounce of objectivity can figure that one out.

Still the TPTB have subtlety made their intentions very clear. If and when Iran finds its self fighting its new enemies inside its borders, perhaps we should be doing the same.

The enemy of my enemy is surely my friend...

[edit on 14-7-2010 by MojosGhost]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
yeah..
they make their women wear veils and the like because the extreme far right fundamentalists took over, and are ruling through ancient religious means. ie suppression or death

didn't iran have a thriving democracy until we destroyed it?

being so pro american only proves they are willing to forgive and forget as long as we can get on with it. now lets get along with it

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The scary part is that some retards believe the war with Iran is a prophecy (Yahweh bull#) and therefore believe it's justified. They also WANT it because the fulfillment of that prophecy would validate their belief in their mind...beyond crazy, lol.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by star child

not available in your country? WHAT? HOGWASH, you have made comments before about u-tube videos before. WHAT MESSAGE ARE YOU TRYING TO CONVEY? Ignorance is not bliss, ok.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Love the people, hate the government and the religion.

This pretty much applies everywhere.

Here in the U.S. we barely hang on to our own liberties, so when we try to build democracy abroad, we fail most of the time.

It would be nice to here a similar report from Iraq. From what I understand the Iraqi's have a great deal of respect for the people of the U.S.. At the same time, the Iraqi people want their independence.

I would say right now, Iraq has the best chance of becoming the first democracy in the Muslim world.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

I AGREE, the peoples do not want the GOV'T over there. They just want to live their life and go on, just like americans. The GOV'TS MESS IT UP. Maybe gov'ts should go and punish and shoot gov'ts only and leave the peoples alone. GOV'TS GO BOMB GOV., the greedy will never stop, WHY? TAKE OUT THE SUPRESSORS AND PEACE WILL BE THE LAW OF THE LAND.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by nite owl]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl
reply to post by star child

not available in your country? WHAT? HOGWASH, you have made comments before about u-tube videos before. WHAT MESSAGE ARE YOU TRYING TO CONVEY? Ignorance is not bliss, ok.

He's actually right! The Daily Show (and Hulu/Colbert Report/ESPN) are all blocked in the UK. The only way to watch them online is if you're using a proxy server in the States.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Then what, he must traveled abroad alot, for he has commented on alot of you tube. Traveling abroad and on A.T.S, GEE, he must really love this site to go abroad to get it.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl
reply to post by MrXYZ

Then what, he must traveled abroad alot, for he has commented on alot of you tube. Traveling abroad and on A.T.S, GEE, he must really love this site to go abroad to get it.

I'm not sure you understand. ATS and Youtube are of course accessible from the UK. The Daily Show and other US broadcasting networks aren't accessible because of TV rights. It's relatively easy to circumvent the blockade, but by doing so, you'd commit a crime...even if the chance of them finding out are probably around 0.000000000000000000000000000000001%.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join