It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Just Got Back From Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

T.V RIGHTS, is this how they control the people, so every country has a different oppinion of other countries because THE PEOPLE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SEE THE TRUTH. No wonder people are talking like we are on this, ABOUT IRAN. They keep us IGNORANT AND TELL LIES. T.V RIGHTS. HMMMMMM.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

To appreciate and acknowledge a creation as itIs.
That is all.

A label was never necessary.
How would one label creativity?
How would one label a Creator?

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

I just think it's sad the a comedy show has to present us the truth because the MSM fails so hard.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to ride my dual-sport motorcycle (KLR 650) through Iran. From what I've seen in photos, the topography is gorgeous, the women are Persian (heart melts), and I've heard the food there is yum-tasty.

The only reason there is a campaign against Iran is because Iran is actually a stabilizing factor in the middle east/persia. Israel/USA don't like stability because it takes away from US hegemony.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
What, do you think - people have a vote ? Can you in America, "land of the free" - get what you want ? Influence your rulers ? Elect them ? Sure...
Very few world leaders - are real leaders. 90% are puppets.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by pai mei]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Thank you "I AM LEGION",

I'm glad to see SOME people are still trying to be honest and try to show both sides of a coin, this type of thread is essential to our understanding of life... and humanity... not to take away from your thread, as being Persian I posted a thread a while back about my own personal experience there, as I grew up in Iran... you might find it interesting;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks again for your effort,

Also for those interested, here's a great video made by BBC about Iran and it's culture, I found it raw and unbiased... it brought tears to my eyes, not so much because it's my home, but on how if WE the people actually want PEACE, we can all travel the world at ease and explore the beauty and nature of each and every culture... anyhow you can thank "Savageheart" for suggesting this to me...

Google Video Link

"We are ALL living cells of GOD" Alex Grey

[edit on 14-7-2010 by freighttrain]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It's so pleasant to see actual NEWS about Iran, placing them in the light they deserve to be in.

If there was ever a country with potential to be the beacon of democracy and good faith in the world today, it certainly is Iran.

From everybody that I've met from there (excluding government and military officials) they are all wonderful people who are simply bidding their time.

They know that the oppressive regime won't last much longer and they will get what they want.

They might do it and show an example of how an empowered populace, peacefully removes an oppresive regime.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Only if the US stop being the little lapdog of paranoid Israel...and only if the evangelical neo-cons don't get their way.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This thread threatens my TV-programmed view of Iran. It needs more pictures of people with beards shooting automatic weapons in the air and burning flags in order to integrate with my programmed view of Iran.

And where is the rumours about Osama bin laden hiding in Iran? This thread is just fail as propaganda.

Originally posted by MrXYZ
S&F for you, nice article! Sadly most people who advocate a military attack on Iran have no clue about the country or its people.

I watch the news, and the news tell me its evil. Why would they lie?

Remember this?

This thread may contain traces of sarcasm.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Copernicus]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I never write about anything without reading it or watching it at least once and I have not changed my mind, you obviously have not watched the video I told you to or you wouldn't have been able to reply bs so fast so eat your own words. Comedy is not truth, it is comedy and that fool wouldn't be on tv if he spoke or knew the truth period end of story.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It's not the Iranian people, it is the ISLAMIC REVOLUTION minority that needs removed. If we invade IRAN we will honor the people of IRAN by helping it rebuild as a free democracy.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Invasion will mean many innocents will die, termed as collateral dammage. Those very people you think you are saving will only turn against you for the death of their loved ones.

NO!HUMANS ARE NOT EXPENDABLE OBJECTS! There must be NO WAR in Iran!. It's not the disarmed civilians fault for the decisions made by senile old men ruling over them.

Other ways must be found. The soveriegn People of Iran are our fellow humans, brothers and sisters. And no one, absolutely no human, would want any of their brother or sisters to be dead.,,,

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Interesting thread. Of course the Iranian people per say are not to blame but a minorty of people and of course the Iranian Govt. But if we do nothing then the problem will only get worse. Could we sit by in 1939 and let Hitler carry on with his madness? No of course not. It had to be war to fight the machine and then ultimately at him. Ideally in order to kill the snake you cut off the head but if it creeps up on you then you attack the body first before chopping of the head.

What i would like to see and what i think would be the best solution is to get a UN resolution to send in UN troops to fight the regime. A multinational task force. That way everyone is happy. A new government can be put in place overseen by the UN and then Iran can have its soverignty. This is really what should have happened in Iraq and also in Afganistan as well.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sizzlean
reply to post by MrXYZ

I never write about anything without reading it or watching it at least once and I have not changed my mind, you obviously have not watched the video I told you to or you wouldn't have been able to reply bs so fast so eat your own words. Comedy is not truth, it is comedy and that fool wouldn't be on tv if he spoke or knew the truth period end of story.

So tell me then, what does Bin Laden, a Taliban and therefore enemy of Iran have to do with reasons why we should invade???

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by I AM LEGION

Thank you OP for a good read. I sometimes get discouraged on how the media wants to demonize the world and paint a bleak picture in every corner.

It's encouraging to see a post like this which reminds us of our common ground. We are all very similar despite our varied appearance, the language we speak, or the culture we follow.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This thread put a smile on my face! Thanks!!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

This is precisely why all of my persian friends are hoping the US goes to war with Iran, they are sick of the way Iran is politically, despite having pride for their country. They see how good things could be, and how stubborn and "old school" their current regime is.

They figure someone has to topple the current status quo, who else is up for the challenge besides the U.S. (and their allies)?

We've seen how good our military is at completely overthrowing a entire governing party....

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I love it...they would rather be ruled by an oppressive regime than one set up by foreigners. I can totally relate to this and is one more reason justifying war in order to save people from oppressive regimes is rubbish.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

No one hates Americans, they hate your soldiers, your bombs, your nukes, you jets, your drones, your dictators etc.

I never hated Americans.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
All this touchy feely BS is nonsense. When the Mullah's finally develop their nuclear weapons they will destabilize the region like we have never seen it destabilized before.

This will spawn a nuclear arms race in the region as all the nervous Arab countries scramble to match each others nuclear arsenals.

A surgical strike on Iran's nuclear facilities will buy us some more time, maybe 2 or 3 years, before we would have to strike again.

Nuclear Ayatollahs would be a great destabilizing force in the world. This can not be allowed to happen. The writer of the article seems to have conveniently omitted this scenario.

The Huffington Post is hardly a reputable source, and Stephen Kinzer is obviously trying to advance his Communist Progressive agenda.

I find that it is amazing when so much praise from a people is directed at the US, hacks like Kinzer can manage to degrade the United States and even continue to take shots at George W. Bush.

It appears to me that Mr. Kinzer is trying to encourage Americans to travel abroad to Iran. All we need is to have more Americans being held captive in Iranian prisons while we are trying to stop their nuclear proliferation.

And as more Americans are put in harms way, the louder the Progressive cackle to let Iran have their bomb will emanate throughout Capitol Hill and the White House, and the MSM, and the Huffington Post.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join