It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN (Headline News) is covering the BP/Mustang Story!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeinousOne
I really dont get some people. That show on HLN is obviously not geared towards the type of people that frequent ATS so of course you wont like the way it is presented.

It is presented in a way that the drama queen brain deads that watch that programming can follow. If it sticks in any of their minds then they can do some searching on it and find the vital information themselves thus taking them on the slow journey out of the brain dead dream.

It absolutely confounds me how some folks here can be downing the fact that work done by the owner of this site has been of such quality that others who needs stories for their shows are willing to pick up his work and perhaps the work of those that work with him.

Was it a show for "us"? No. Was it a positive thing? Yes.

You're right!

I just wonder if all the efforts (with all the alternative-thinking people who frequent forums such as this) will even be taken seriously.

The mere mention of ATS (with a subsequent Google search) will likely yield a bunch of: Oh, THOSE people?" conclusions.

I know it wasn't an UFO segment (god forbid) but just the same.....as soon as "their" audience gets introduced to "this" audience....ridicule will likely follow.
Yes, perhaps you'll get a few stragglers who are curious but I think most people who watch MSM are already convinced in their convictions. (See: Brainwashed)

ATS is non-mainstream for a reason. It attracts a certain demographic audience. A certain mindset. A certain alternative free-thinking crowd.

So putting it on MSM-CNN is like telling a flock of church going people that you were abducted last night and hoping for support!

It's good (liberating) but fruitless just the same!

[edit on 13-7-2010 by One Moment]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
pretty cool

i can actually see ATS being a TV-like station of the future. lol

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask
It is my personal belief that the mainstream has been fishing ATS for material for the past two years endlessly.

It is nice to see them finally admit their source this time.

Awesome win for ATS.

You guys must be proud. Heck, I know I am, and I'm just a faceless jerk loving your site.

Good job ATS! Keep barking and keep getting on TV.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Mr Mask]

I totally agree!

The shocking thing about this particular story is that there is evidence of the conspiracy taking place. The conspiracy has been engineered such that the American taxpayer ends up paying the 10 million dollars or so to care for the mustangs (with almost noone knowing about it). Meanwhile, given the gulf oil catastrophe, BP is foaming at the mouth to get the new pipeline in and all the support facilities it would require. This would make them more money than they ever dreamed!

Now we realize the MMS has had a "cozy" relationship with big oil since the very beginning. All of this is extremely disturbing and, like I said in the other thread, this isn't a partisan issue.

I'm hoping the viewers have the same sickened feeling I had after I watched the entire ATS interview. If people really understood what is going on, they would be shocked. Thus, the biggest hurdle is getting the word out so the CNN coverageis great news!

I'm just concerned that political pundits might twist the story to fit their own political views and then people won't be informed about the full extent of the negligent actions and injustices carried out for simple corporate gain..

It will be interesting to see how this all eventually fits in with the gulf oil debacle.

My concern is that BP's plan for the pipeline might be supported even more by government/federal agencies after the offshore disaster still on-going. Thus, they may find more support for what could be considered "safer" infrastructure on the American mainland.

-ChriS

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by One Moment

Or....we can look at this in a positive frame of mind that this type of "real" conspiracy will be some sort of gatekeeper conspiracy that makes those types of people realize that these types of conspiracies are rather commonplace.

Who knows then. Perhaps that is just wishful thinking but too much cynicism can take you down a very dark path.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I really don't understand why everyone is heart broken over the removal of feral, and not indigenous, horses. They are domestic animals, they do not belong in the wild. They have no natural predators in this part of the world.

It's better for that habitat and for the health of the horses to be removed.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by HeinousOne

That's true. But the American people deserve to know the truth as well.

If cynicism is part of the antidote to change for the better, I think it's necessary. This story goes far beyond cynicism, in my view.

To me, this issue isn't about cynicism or losing faith in the country. It's about the American people taking their country back from those that would choose to disgrace and manipulate it for their own corporate gain. This goes far beyond Mustangs and BP!

Hopefully, the word will get out enough that Americans will start understanding how corrupt, unjust, and disturbing things have become in this country!

Even Americans with cynical views about how the government is being run don't know the full extent of the corruption and injustices. Action is needed and people need to be told the truth.

-ChriS

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by PieKeeper
I really don't understand why everyone is heart broken over the removal of feral, and not indigenous, horses. They are domestic animals, they do not belong in the wild. They have no natural predators in this part of the world.

It's better for that habitat and for the health of the horses to be removed.

Yes, Mustangs are indigenous to America. Any animal can be a demostic animal if it is trained. This does not mean there are not free roaming wild animals of the same species. The problem here is America stands to lose precious animal that is native to America and has been promised to be protected by the Government years ago. These horses are roaming happily, and healthily, on 1 million acres of land set aside and protected for the horses. it's just like a national forest..you cannot go in and just do anything you want there. It's protected. Now, illegally the faction of the government that is supposed to be protecting these horses by law, are killing them off and giving the land to cattle farmers. Why? Because cattle makes money which they then slip back into the corrupt governments agencies pockets.

In short, the Government is breaking the law and killing horses its sworn to protect by law for the sake of greed and lining their pockets with money.

Now, if you don't see a problem with that.. I do not know where you come from but it's not any country on this planet I know.

www.mustangs4us.com...

These horses do belong in the wild.. where do you think horses originally came from? They are not feral. "feral" like a feral cat implies they are being born wild and uncontrolled in places they are not wanted. None of that applies to these horses. They do belong in the wild. This environment is exactly the type of environment these horses do thrive in. Think of the horses in the old west. They lived on the plains just like these horses do.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I agree with this. I think that the fact of the government doing this would at least open up some minds to think that the government may not be so honest. It may have not been the most informative, but since the government is pretty much caught red handed it may lead people to search further.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Good Intentions]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Hopefully CNN will keep the reports on the up and up and not a trivial item.

I see that some posts disagree, yet, assuredly most contributors understand the ATS disclosure of the events surrounding the Mustangs. Well done!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Yes, Mustangs are indigenous to America. Any animal can be a domestic animal if it is trained. This does not mean there are not free roaming wild animals of the same species. The problem here is America stands to lose precious animal that is native to America and has been promised to be protected by the Government years ago.

No, they are not indigenous to North America. The horses that live in North America today are all descendants of domesticated horses. The only true wild horse today is the Przewalski's Horse, a group of which live in Mongolia. All others are descendants of selectively bred, domesticated horses. The same goes for cattle. Modern cattle are not native to any region. They are descendants of selectively bred, domesticated individuals. The horses that WERE native to North America died out. From the time span of the native horses to the introduction of domesticated horses, the ecosystem adapted. They have no place in the ecosystem as it stands.

These horses are roaming happily, and healthily, on 1 million acres of land set aside and protected for the horses. it's just like a national forest..you cannot go in and just do anything you want there. It's protected. Now, illegally the faction of the government that is supposed to be protecting these horses by law, are killing them off and giving the land to cattle farmers. Why? Because cattle makes money which they then slip back into the corrupt governments agencies pockets.

First of all, feral horses compete with native animals for food. It doesn't matter if they are healthy or happy, they are displacing animals that have adapted to the habitat.

Second, the Wild Horse and Burro Act was created out nostalgia and poor understanding of wildlife ecology:

That Congress finds and declares that wild free-roaming horses and burros are living symbols of the historic and pioneer spirit of the West; that they contribute to the diversity of life forms within the Nation and enrich the lives of the American people; and that these horses and burros are fast disappearing from the American scene.

From a wildlife management standpoint, these horses should be removed, period. The law is not always right.

These horses do belong in the wild.. where do you think horses originally came from? They are not feral. "feral" like a feral cat implies they are being born wild and uncontrolled in places they are not wanted. None of that applies to these horses. They do belong in the wild. This environment is exactly the type of environment these horses do thrive in. Think of the horses in the old west. They lived on the plains just like these horses do.

Horses originally came from the wild, but not in their present, domesticated form. They've also been absent from North America for about 10,000-8000 years up until a few hundred years ago. They are technically feral, but legally the term only applies in certain conditions, like when they live in a National Wildlife Refuge:

In other words, the refuge is large and the home range of the herd is contained within the refuge boundaries. These resident horses and burros are legally defined as feral, and managed following the regulations and policies of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (50 CFR 30.11-12, 7 RM 6, 601 FW 3).

From the same source, www.fws.gov... we see that feral horses do indeed pose a threat to native wildlife:

The burgeoning horse population level on Sheldon is causing negative impacts to native wildlife and their habitats. Along stream banks and at spring heads, impacts include trampling of vegetation,exclusion of native species by dominant stud horses, and contamination from feces and urine.

Monitoring information from 2002 concluded that 44% of all streams and 80% of the springs on the refuge are heavily or severely impacted by horses. The feral horse population has continued to increase since that report. Feral horses also cause habitat degradation by removal and trampling
of vegetation in upland areas.

Feral horses = not good. If they're doing that to an area managed to protect native wildlife, imagine what they're doing outside of it.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Well done ATS, this is a big step up in my opinion. I just hope they don't dismember or ridicule your good work. Ever thought of an ATS productions company???

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I guess so. You are right though. They should have shown the images (video) of the horses cut off from water. Not for natural reasons but because the BLM fenced off all the available water sources. That would have been a good piece of ammunition in the long run IMO. She invited a rebuttal though, so they might have saved that info for later. It would be good for the BLM admins to bite their tongues. This would bring in some ratings. Maybe that was the plan all along.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by PieKeeper

So basically what your saying is that since horses have been domesticated they no longer have the right to run wild?

I don't care if they are descended from domestic horses that doesn't mean they don't deserve to live the roots of their wild ancestors nor does it mean they shouldn't still run wild today. We are friggin monkeys they are friggen horses, I can run wild why shouldn't they?

The wild horse has become a pure symbol of americana and like the bald eagle that symbol should live wild no questions asked.

We owe the horse our entire history. Just because we don't need them anymore doesn't mean they didn't carry us on their backs for hundreds of years. Without the horse we would have never gotten as far as we have. The horse has been our bread and butter for much much much much much much much much much much longer than any car or any train we have now or have had for the last few hundred years. The horse was the reason we are who we are today. You can't discount that. I think that the most important species (for us not the earth) should be preserved, allowed to run wild again, and most of all given compassion for the years of service the species has given us without question. We owe them more than you could ever imagine. I dare you to deny it.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Is this interview available on YT or any other video source? We don't get CNN over here.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by PieKeeper

'Americans' aren't indiginous, either. Should we round all of you up too
And unless, I'm missing something, they are wild - it's not as though someone just opened their corral gate and let them go. Just because they're decended from domestic horses means little to nothing. The same could be said of domestic animals - they are supposed to wild, descended from wild animals; let them go again.

I don't think it will open anyone's eyes or minds, really. Once a conspiracy comes to the public, it's no longer considered a conspiracy, because conspiracies are for tinfoil-hat-wearing crazy people living in their parents' basement. It's not as though conspiracies have been proven over and over, and the government (American particularly) has been caught lying over and over, is it

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Great news indeed, but I am so sad of how things work in this nation with the apathy that has taken over the population, we just seat and do nothing against what the powers with money are doing to our nation.

This story is going to take attention, but . . . how much actions will this bring.

Money in America is power and those that have it pay for everything in this nation, including our whores in congress.

Still I am glad that a big news station has taken interest.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
For those who were unable to see the report live, CNN has the video of the segment on their site..

HLN Mustang BP Video

**scroll down the page and select the clip titled:

Horse roundup connected to gas pipeline?

edit on by JacKatMtn because: clarity

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Thanks for the link. My internet was down yesterday(crappy ISP) so I had no idea this was on.

Regarding the story, where was George Knapp? I thought he was supposed to be a part of this? Did CNN even mention the pipeline? I missed it if they did.

I guess we cannot expect much from a show that is on a MSM station and only has ten minutes to deal with the story. It's better than nothing and if a picture is worth a thousand words then those shots of helicopters terrorizing the mustangs should help.

Truly a sad story - and I'm not even close to being a "horse guy" - that shows how awful we can be as a species at times. All this crap for oil and hamburgers. The American way, huh?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

My bad, it defaulted to the original news piece they aired, if you scroll down, you will see other available clips, find the one titled:

Horse roundup connected to gas pipeline? that's the one with George Knapp..

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
we're forgetting that cnn is evil. everyone here is happy that they stole this story? probably didnt even put any of their journalism into it, just took the story nearly verbatim. and hows it being used? i dont like it. i cant see whats wrong, but i know somethings wrong. ats and cnn? i'm suddenly feeling very awkward. remember that nothing is done out of coincidence. in ALL things, lie strategy

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join