It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suffer These Crimes in Oakland? Don't Call the Cops

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Oh come now people, do tell. You all didn't think the revolution would begin and end in the west coast? Of course it will.

It's obvious in history. Where it is worst is where the revolutions begin. And these usually create dictators to whom the revolution ends there and restores order with his fall.

Enjoy folks! Maybe we'll end with a nice new technology by the resistance.

Oh bugger all.

In realistic terms, I understand full well the break down of society. It sucks man. I'm going to need some protection.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Perhaps they could just put out the obviously much shorter list saying what they will respond to. How would doling out speeding tickets for going 40 in a 35 speeding tickets be more important in gaining the police attention than burglary, theft, fraud and attempted murder?

I understand the scare tactic involved here, but that is really an immature act.

California deserves everything it gets and anyone with any sense needs to get the heck out if they haven't already.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I'm quite happy that the city was unable to reach an agreement with the police union, clearly, forcing for them to pay for a small part of their already generous pensions is too much to ask. The less uniformed murderers on the streets of Oakland the better, I feel. Now if only we could get the police department to stop enforcing drug laws and start issuing CCWs, Oakland might turn into a very nice place to live. Perhaps this will be the catalyst for CCWs to get issued in Alameda County, I certainly hope so. At the very least, they could stop enforcing concealed weapon laws on otherwise law-abiding citizens with no record

Unfortunately, this is just a scare tactic. The sheriff in Contra Costa county pulled the same stunt last year, claiming he was going to stop enforcing DUI laws so that he could extort more money from the Board of Supervisors.

If only the police actually intended to stop enforcing corrupt laws and to focus on enforcing just laws...Oh well.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Send them a email after a burglary.

Likely the burglar has stolen your computer so that takes the cops off the hook.

This is the town that Governor Moonbeam was mayor of.
and he now wants the Governors job again.
yoursinglesourcefornews.com...
www.moonbattery.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
i wouldnt call the cops for any reason. i dont talk to cops. i got nothing to say .

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
You'll see more of this in the coming months as 2011 budgets for cities, counties, and states are finalized.

Many public workers unions are going to have a wake up call. Expect Obama to call for a bailout for all these workers with a multi-billion dollar gift in time for the elections. I have zero compassion for any of these leeches on society.

In reality, about all police and fire departments, of large cities, have overhead jobs built in that just fatten the payroll. Not firemen in firehouses or cops on the beat, but headquarter coffee drinkers that have made a job for themselves in fatter times. These are the SOB's that need to go.

Get rid of the 25 year desk jockey and keep the beat cop. This is what the chief should do. But then, the good ol' boy network kicks in to protect these LIFERs (Lazy Incompetent Fu*ks Expecting Retirement).

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
Perhaps they could just put out the obviously much shorter list saying what they will respond to. How would doling out speeding tickets for going 40 in a 35 speeding tickets be more important in gaining the police attention than burglary, theft, fraud and attempted murder?

I understand the scare tactic involved here, but that is really an immature act.

California deserves everything it gets and anyone with any sense needs to get the heck out if they haven't already.

Fines bring in revenue. Responding to a burglary doesn't.

This will be the same in every police force in every country hit by the incoming depression.

In France they've just passed a new law prohibiting Muslim women from wearing traditional head scarves, and imposing fines. They win on all fronts.
1. They gain Public support for passing a law that a majority ignorantly supported.
2. They gain income from fining people who refuse to remove it on religious grounds.
3. They create religious and racial tension which detracts from the financial collapse their government are responsible for.

Perhaps they're learning a few tricks of the trade from Arizona?

Police forces around France will soon be stalking Muslim women in the hope of being able to repeatedly fine them, if only to secure their own job in a depleted force. And that will be along with new traffic laws, stealth taxes and so on.

Welcome to the age of Austerity, where the public are hounded, coerced and conned into giving up every penny they earn to the state, while government officials continue to fly in private jets, hold expensive summits and create ever increasing governance of the serf populace, and the banks continue to pay their executives millions in bonuses while charging you more for every service they provide.

Who ever suggested Fascism doesn't work? It certainly works for those who "matter" doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
We have an excess of cops in my city, the bike cops are everywhere now its summer, I wish we could send them to oakland!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
What good are the cops anyway? When I was ten yrs old, someone stole the first brand new schwinn ten speed I ever got. Right out of our back yard. My Mom called the Cops. Only one police officer came to our house.
The first thing I said to him when he came thru the door was, HELLO! just one?

They never found my bike! They didn't even try.

Now days I take matters into my own hands.

This may not be good for the known criminals
80 laid off cops lookin for somebody to jack.
They'll all be sporten fake shields.

We have an excess of cops in my city, the bike cops are everywhere now its summer, I wish we could send them to oakland!

I see what you're say'in. This all a ploy to get a bunch of legitimate
arrests. Election time I follow ya .

[edit on 14-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I think OPD maybe providing to much freedom I think we should send FEMA there to do some house sitting or people can go to a nice camp and wont have to worry any more, I don't think their were cops protecting people in the 1700s. People had guns and could commit the same crimes back then as they can now though their were no cops.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Just you watch. Crime will actually GO DOWN in Oakland now. So many people will be defending themselves that the criminals would be suicidal to attempt a crime against people or property now.

Crime's going to drop.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by harrytuttle]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I wonder how long it would for the cops to respond to a burglar handcuffed nude to a tree or street sign.

One nice thing is the bay is right there to dispose of the bodies.
With the tides they may never find out where the body came from.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Of course because handguns would really help people fight those bad checks, shoot that graffiti off the walls, and turn off that loud music. Heck think how handy they'd be for getting cats out of trees. We should tell the fire department of this brilliant new plan.

wow....thats all i can really say about your comment. well that and what you said is completely retarded. the poster above you obviously meant the gun would be so people can protect them self from extortion and robbery....but really wow. i cant believe the stupidity of your comment.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

well, this is in response to oscar grant's family and his lawyer instigating riots. those are the predicted occurrences from a full scale riot and they cant catch every single thing as it happens, and he knows that the 911 center is going to be flooded with calls from these instances. i live in the bay area, and this is a logical move as long as its temporary.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join