It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suffer These Crimes in Oakland? Don't Call the Cops

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

...."turn off that loud music"....

I do know that a .357 will turn off a loud radio. The down side is the radio stays off for good.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Isn't if funny
tptb hates anarchists yet that's exactly what they are creating
and not even the type of anarchy that anarchists want either

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by Erasurehead

It doesn't say no one will respond. It's saying uniformed officers will not respond. That's a huge difference.

From the article:

Chief Anthony Batts listed exactly 44 situations that his officers will no longer respond to and they include grand theft, burglary, car wrecks, identity theft and vandalism. He says if you live and Oakland and one of the above happens to you, you need to let police know on-line.

Sounds like nobody will respond to me. If your home is being robbed you have to report it to the police on-line?

What a joke, maybe a cop will show up in a couple of days.

Citizens need to be ready to protect their property and lives if the cops are not going to show up in a reasonable time.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Again, uniformed officers typically simply hand things off (usually ONLINE) to investigative units.

There is no need for them to show up to start the paperwork in cases where a crime is over and done and there is no imminent threat or danger to life or property.

Unless of course you guys like a little comfort and handholding from the uniforms, I still see this as a logical move.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Of course because handguns would really help people fight those bad checks, shoot that graffiti off the walls, and turn off that loud music. Heck think how handy they'd be for getting cats out of trees. We should tell the fire department of this brilliant new plan.

Well burglary is at the top of the list. You will find that a handgun is pretty effective stopping someone from coming into your home to steal your stuff.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy
I wonder how long before the OPD gets the folowing email.

Dear OPD,
The guy that tried to break into my house is dead on my front lawn, could you please forward this email to the appropriate people to have the corpse removed.

Thank you,
Law Abiding Citizen

LMAO !! At least they wouldn't have to worry about being cited for littering !!! Or failure to cover composted material !!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Again (are you reading all the posts?) it's probably burglary OVER, not burglary in PROGRESS. If he means in progress, then we have an issue. Bet he doesn't though.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Leave people the only option of vigilantism to fight crime and you make revolution possible.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Again (are you reading all the posts?) it's probably burglary OVER, not burglary in PROGRESS. If he means in progress, then we have an issue. Bet he doesn't though.

Yes I am reading all the posts. You are assuming "probably" burglary OVER. I make no such assumptions.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Yep, I clearly am, and with good reason because it's a logical and reasonable assumption. And I said that a few times too.

No telling how the reporter got the list and what was left out of the preface to the list and the story. The headline alone is pretty sensational.

Let's see if either the chief or the reporter clarify it. Maybe there's something on the Oakland PD website. I might go look.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Good for Oakland. They don't need that many cops anyways. Here's an idea that will save them millions, STOP ENFORCING RIDICULOUS NON VIOLENT DRUG LAWS!!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
You can sure as hell bet that Oakland's mayor and City Council are going to keep their security details at their current levels...
And you can bet those same people are going to say "crime is down since laying off the 80 cops", even if that stat is largely the effect of undocumented crimes.
Looks like the surrounding cities are going to have to beef up their already strict checkpoints going in and out of Oakland.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

It is truly sad what these Unions have done to this country and California. Even sadder that grown people who wear badges can not do simple math. I often wonder if they are so illiterate they truly do not know where the money they are paid comes from? Naw, they are just greedy and self-serving.

California is in deep right now. The taxes finally reached the point everyone is packing their bags. All the Far Left Celebrities, the filthy rich ones who got filthy rich from Capitalism, are now spending only a few months in their California homes to avoid taxes. The businesses are moving out for good reason. You can not give everyone something for nothing and they are learning the hard way.

After the US rebounds and it will, California will still be in deep crap. To dumb to vote out the bums who bankrupted them because they want all the free services and don't want to work and pay for them. What goes around comes around.

It's good for the Conservative States though. The money is all moving to where there are low taxes and common sense and taking their money with them.

We had a new record here last summer for large scale construction and the tourists are coming back. No income tax. No sales tax. The Celeb's are all buying houses in Florida and taking their money there. Once they set up residency all they have to do is not spend too many days in California and they don't have to pay the taxes there. Phony pricks
Preach the Progressive agenda and practice hard core Capitalism. Not only that, a significant part of the population falls for it

Some States and the whole Country are about to learn there are no free rides the hard way. No more money to give. They sucked the well dry and now they want to complain.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Last on the list..

- Poisoning of others..?

* Getting out the large mousetraps *

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
But:
They will show up to confiscate a veteran's guns I'll bet.

Or bust you for pot I am sure.

This is a last ditch effort to force a deal. But I wouldn't bet on cops not busting you for anything they want still as this is mostly a bluff, they love thier power to much.

There are a number of victimless crimes that actually could ignore and save money. Lets hope this is for real and not just a bluff!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

LOL

I really doubt they are busting anyone for that in Oaksterdam.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I don't call cops anyway, except for insurance purposes.

They are just as corrupt as the criminals.

Did you guys hear about the woman that called the cops for a suspected home invasion and she was taserd repeatedly when they arrived?

No thanks.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
One more thing....

I bet they won't respond to important calls of 'civilians' needing help, but...

You can bet they will be writing RECORD AMOUNTS of traffic tickets!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
reply to post by hawkiye

LOL

I really doubt they are busting anyone for that in Oaksterdam.

Oh trust me they certainly are. Everyone they can run through the system is a revenue generator.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

God, I hear that, victim myself.

But that was in South Dakota and not California

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join