It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Israeli Gunboat Intercepts Al-Amal Aid Ship

page: 2
9
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Somali pirates get arrested, israeli pirates get a medal and a big pay out from the USA hahaha.
what a sick world we live in.




posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

Israel is mistletoe on the tree of life and killing is slowly.


Now there is an interesting analogy! Since the use of mistletoe was mainly by Pagan religions and thus found it's way into Christmas, should we be getting the Arabs to kiss each other under the watchful eye of the Israelis? Interesting thought.

I would have thought perhaps a better analogy would be a canker


Some are of only minor consequence, but others are ultimately lethal


At least we don't have to kiss under that one!!



posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I think the ship may be chickening out and going to Egypt. It has changed course and the new course takes it to the Egyptian port as far as I can tell.



Edit to make slider show,

Further edit:

Pretty much confirmed I think. This shows the course and port



[edit on 13/7/2010 by PuterMan]



posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaego
Somali pirates get arrested, israeli pirates get a medal and a big pay out from the USA hahaha.
what a sick world we live in.


I don't see the comparison at all. Israel is stopping a boat with God knows what on it, other than aid, from making landfall in THEIR country.

The Somali pirates intercept dozens of ships and boats every year from any country and hold the crew for ransom.

I am by no means pro Israel but I'm really getting sick of these uneducated shills making comments about something they don't understand.

Would you like it if an enemy country sent a ship to a city near you (you seem to lead an alternative lifestyle, so lets say San Fran for an example) and unloaded God knows what?

Think before you spew your crap


[edit on 13-7-2010 by insideNSA]



posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
lol define enemy country. communist china sends us millions of ships. we still don't inspect even 5% of them.

(sorry Puterman...couldn't resist...carry on!)

[edit on 7/13/2010 by ~Lucidity]



posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity
 

Right to the inland port of Kansas too LOL
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Say:
Since when is is GAZA part of Israel?




up until 1967 Gaza was a part of Egypt, and the west bank was a part of Jordan. during the six-day war in that year when the Arab states had tried (once again) to destroy Israel those areas were taken over by the Israelis, while the local population remained.

presently, Gaza is run by the Hamas, a terrorist organization who's main objective is to destroy Israel. it is often referred to as "occupied territory", though there was no Israeli presence in there for the last several years. it is neither a part of Israel, Egypt or Palestine (the latter simply because there is no such country, though it would most likely be just that once a Palestinian state is established).

the west bank remain under control of the Israeli army, but all internal affairs are controlled by a local (Palestinian) government.

it is important to note again that neither of these two areas was ever a part of a country called "Palestine". they were parts of Jordan and Egypt - non of which presently demand to have those areas back.


how come Israeli apologists are always so insulting AND wrong?
answers.yahoo.com...



[edit on 13-7-2010 by Danbones]

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Danbones]

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Danbones]



posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

Say:
Since when is is GAZA part of Israel?


up until 1967 Gaza was a part of Egypt, and the west bank was a part of Jordan. during the six-day war in that year when the Arab states had tried (once again) to destroy Israel those areas were taken over by the Israelis, while the local population remained.

presently, Gaza is run by the Hamas, a terrorist organization who's main objective is to destroy Israel. it is often referred to as "occupied territory", though there was no Israeli presence in there for the last several years. it is neither a part of Israel, Egypt or Palestine (the latter simply because there is no such country, though it would most likely be just that once a Palestinian state is established).

the west bank remain under control of the Israeli army, but all internal affairs are controlled by a local (Palestinian) government.

it is important to note again that neither of these two areas was ever a part of a country called "Palestine". they were parts of Jordan and Egypt - non of which presently demand to have those areas back.


how come Israeli apologists are always so insulting AND wrong?



I assume you were replying to this one:

Originally posted by insideNSA

Israel is stopping a boat with God knows what on it, other than aid, from making landfall in THEIR country.



so thanks - saved me the trouble!!



posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan
 


Looks as if there is a bit of an argument going on on board. They seem to have resumed course for Gaza port now.

Now back to steering 104 deg which should roughly take them to Gaza port.



posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan
 


yes sir
Just tryin to keep it real.
Just like I get corrected when I am mistaken.



posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
A pirate is still a pirate regardless of what you say. law is law. I was in israel back in the 80s, and also in Somalia. I body bagged the people of shatilla. I may not be as educated as you how ever I do know the law.



posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaego
A pirate is still a pirate regardless of what you say. law is law. I was in israel back in the 80s, and also in Somalia. I body bagged the people of shatilla. I may not be as educated as you how ever I do know the law.


Peace friend. The person who replied to your post stated 'THEIR country'. All we are saying is that Gaza is not part of Israeli territory as defined by the 1967 borders but part of Occupied territory.

Yes a pirate is still a pirate, and I don't think your post was wrong!!



posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Yet another course change back towards Egypt



Cat and mouse going on here?



posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
reply to post by PuterMan
 


Just as I mentioned before, this ship was suppose to head to Egypt as it was initially agreed upon. Once the ship left a Port in Greece, ships Captain either order or on his own accord to seek some sort notoriety has set off on a course to Gaza which was never agreed upon by the governments involved.

Just another attempt at instigation.


I know I hate it when commoners start acting out of conscious to make the world a kinder, gentler, more loving place!

How dare they, you must obey your Masters, you must die for your Masters, you must kill for your Masters, you must surrender half of your income in taxes to your Masters, you must not question your Masters.

You will not do anything in anyway shape or form that considers yourself as a human being or any other person as another human being.

You must comply, you must submit, you must obey!!!!

End transmission.



[edit on 13/7/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]



posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Latest news

Source


A PLC member in Gaza and an Israeli MK reported Tuesday afternoon that warships had surrounded a Liybian aid ship 100 kilometers off the Gaza coast.

A military spokesman said he could not confirm the reports, made to Ma’an from Jamal Al-Khudari in Gaza and MK Ahmad Tibi in Jerusalem.

Tibi and Al-Khudari, who are both reportedly in touch with the ship's organizers, said the crews were determined to continue to their destination, the Gaza City Port.


A slightly later report from the same site says


Independent Palestinian lawmaker Jamal al-Khudari of the Popular Committee Against the Siege and Arab Knesset member MP Ahmed al-Tibi said on Tuesday that the Israeli naval vessels intercepted the Gaza-bound Libyan ship, 100 km from the shores of the Gaza Strip.


Not sure if this is real information or bluster at the moment, and I am having a problem working out the times of these reports by comparison to UTC

[edit] Seems to be 1 hour ahead of UTC yet it is a US server so not sure where it is based or how they get that time.

[edit on 13/7/2010 by PuterMan]



posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Hmm, this reminds me the Jewish Ghettos during WW2, the Nazis would block them off as well, sad how history repeats itself. Just like the with Nazis, there are Israeli sympathizers. Oh well, I hope the aid ship gets through safely. Im trying not to get angry here, but how in the hell does anyone justify Israels actions? Why cant they search the ship and just let it through? That is more than reasonable... But I guess theyre just trying to break the spirit of the people. But who are the people? - "Gaza has a very young population with roughly 75% being under the age of 25, and today the city has one of the highest population densities in the world—refugees make up over half of the residents."(from wiki) 75% under 25?! So were talking about a bunch of kids and refugees? Cant we cut these people a damn break? Whats wrong with the world?



posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
NO Cookies for gaza...
don't cha know cookies are DEADLY when weilded against tanks.
and the chocolate chips smear up the lenses on the new sniper cams.



posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
They got 4 hours to do something and I doubt they will. This one was seen earlier than the rest.



posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM
Im trying not to get angry here, but how in the hell does anyone justify Israels actions?


I don't think anyone does other than the Isrraelis and the uninformed.



Originally posted by Danbones
NO Cookies for gaza...
don't cha know cookies are DEADLY when weilded against tanks.
and the chocolate chips smear up the lenses on the new sniper cams.


LOL. The pop bottles can be pretty deadly too and they are letting those in now.

-------------------------------

As far as their destination goes it looks pretty certain now that they have capitulated and are heading for Egypt.



By my calculations this will end up as 135 deg or so which should take them straight in.

[Edit] Looks as if that is confirmed


Speaking with Israeli authorities by radio, the captain of the Al-Amal assured them that he is in charge of the vessel and that the activists aboard will obey his orders. One of the activists' leaders, a Libyan national, also said that, despite the group's desire to sail to Gaza, it will accept their captain's decision.


[edit on 13/7/2010 by PuterMan]



posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca
 


Happy little fascist aren't we?


It's good to see the Israeli regime being made to look like the fools they are once again. If this kicks off, it will give the arab nations the excuse they want to start a war with Israel, and the western sycophantic nations that support its' corrupt, fascist regime.

I am there in spirit with the Libyans.

Parallex.



posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
It is American Tax dollars going to the british crown, ooops I mean Israel.


Wait on a second

We folks in britain don't get to see a penny of it and are giving more to the crown than anyone else but after the zionists in the USA upset our dearly beloved queen by taking a chunk out of Bp she has no option than to recover some of the loss else her gold taps won't get polished twice a day.

tell you wot mate you keep it up and we will let you have her because we brits are sick of paying for her life of luxuary whilst people are given a 3rd word hospital service.

Why did you fight a war with us so you could use your own money and then went and allowed the FED to become the printer.

Some say the crown realy owns the FED but i don't want to rub salt in your wounds






[edit on 13-7-2010 by LieBuster]



new topics

top topics



 
9
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join