It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Centre of gravity theory for dominance of black sprinters and white swimmers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by nik1halo

Good thing I know someone with an even bigger head, so I'm good. Just above average.

Besides it did not grow at the same scale. Normal size these days.

But again, that's my point. I'm a freak to this assumption. My bones are thick and I've put holes in walls from falling down the stairs and not breaking a bone.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Good thing I know someone with an even bigger head, so I'm good. Just above average.

Besides it did not grow at the same scale. Normal size these days.

But again, that's my point. I'm a freak to this assumption. My bones are thick and I've put holes in walls from falling down the stairs and not breaking a bone.

Same here, I fell off a mountain and walked away with cuts and bruises. I've been run over twice and managed to walk away, but there was damage to the cars!

You know what they say though; no sense, no feeling...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

hey, no feeling, no worrys!

Being immortal is fun.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
reply to post by getreadyalready

True, but it doesn't mean you couldn't bring useful insight or a new angle in to those genres if you tried. In the same way, all races can bring something to the table and no race is useless.

I totally agree. Just because the "typical" black man is faster than the "typical" white man, does not mean they all are. There are plenty of very fast white guys and very slow black ones.

There are some women stronger than some men. There are some really stupid Asians, and some really smart Pollocks.

It is ignorant to ignore genetic differences and stereotypes, but it is equally ignorant to make the assumption that just because somebody is black, or white, or asian that they will certainly be better or worse at any single task. We HAVE to evaluate the INDIVIDUAL, and not the Race.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Mind over matter...if you don't mind, it don't matter.

I agree that there are obvious racial propensities. And i agree that the value of a man is based on his individual attributes. But neither of these negates the other.

There are statistical facts that support the assertion that race can help steer physical capability. There are obvious facts, as well (the description of the Olmec heads as "afro-centric" highlights this...there are physical differences).

Something for people to keep in mind, however, is that brain is not equal to mind. They are two separate items. The mind is the personality, the intellect. The brain is just the modem.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Blacks do suck at swimming.

I guess asians got the short end of the stick eh?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
My brain is small, and my body is fat, I think that means I need to just sit on the nest, or maybe I've been sitting on it too long. Hmmm.

We don't have to be MADE the same and have equal qualifications to be equal under THE LAW. That's really all that matters to me.

Unfortunately, we have problems with that too.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

hey, no feeling, no worrys!

Being immortal is fun.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Gorman91]

You however will never be immortal, and if you honestly feel you are I challenge you to put that status to the test. I'll help.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by PublicDefenseCorp]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by harpsounds

I used to marvel at players who could instantly gain height, particularly in basketball, and on occasion, in other sports. It is as if they simply tuck their legs in and ascend, as if taking flight while dreaming. I long suspected that 'jumpers' have a high center, just as some individuals have a low one. With the jumpers, even their calves look bird like appearance.

Lower center of gravity body types can have proportionally heavier/larger legs and hips, and even a smaller chest. They make me think of those magna traction racing cars endorsed by Jackie Stewart which could take impossible turns because of the magnets. The reason runners get low in the gate at take off is due to the lessened resistance to acceleration when the COG is lowered.

Interesting subject though I haven't looked at the article(s).

..each day just goes so fast. I turn around it's passed...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

That's cool.

I think I will stick with the theory that culture is the main driver for now.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by skibtz

That's cool.

I think I will stick with the theory that culture is the main driver for now.

Really?

I notice that the college and pro ranks are peculiarly devoid of Latino running backs. There isn't a shortage of HS running backs, at least not here in Texas (where a large number of the NFL players come from).

My son is hispanic (half hispanic, half whatever i am). It is hard to find a Latino role model in the NFL for him. A random offensive lineman or linebacker, maybe a tight end or two. But that is about it.

It isn't cultural. The culture in Texas is 100% football. There are lots and lots of latino's that play HS football. You will find quite a few in college, especially NAIA level of D2/D3 level. But they are markedly absent from D1 and NFL ranks.

Culture, or rather "nurture" does have its effect. But it is a cumulative effect impacted by "Nurture" as much as "nature".

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by skibtz

IT IS A FACT.. Black people have a higher concentration of fast twitch muscles.

Caucasians have a higher concentration of slow twitch...

I am not going add links.. It would be like having to add sources to claiming the sky is blue.. Its a fact.. you look it up!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I don't understand the posts, blacks are different from whites. It's a fact. It doesn't mean they are inferior or superior. The simple fact they are black means they resist better to the sun, for example.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by ickylevel]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by harpsounds

I have 15 dogs. Many different breeds. They have distinctly different skill sets. No mystery that differnces occur in different sub-species. Just the way it is.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
western science is a failure. its only success is itself.does this finding give reason to belief that an embryo and larvae are equal?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Why is it then that there is very few black hockey players? I don't find any mention of this. I believe I have once seen one NHL guy who was black but that's it.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Why is it then that there is very few black hockey players? I don't find any mention of this. I believe I have once seen one NHL guy who was black but that's it.

This is that whole "nature vs nurture" thing. Nature cannot get its chance if nurture prevents it. The same can be said in reverse.

I would suspect that you wouldn't find many mountainclimbers in Omaha, NE. Nor would you find many chess players in the Amazon. Nurture prevents nature from getting a shot.

I bet I could beat the holy crap out of any of you playing a game of washers, even if i had a 6 beer head start. Know why? Hardly any of you have ever heard of washers (and I am pretty good at it). Of course, being able to beat all my Mexican in-laws is kind of a stereotype breaker.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by PublicDefenseCorp

You never know....

I just might.

Or you could just be blowing it out of proportions.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

Biologically speaking, Brain size has nothing to do with overall intelligence. I'm confused what this has to do with anything whatsoever.

-ChriS

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

reply to post by RRokkyy

I'm pretty sure all humans have the same body to brain ratio and therefore the same brain mass.

If they don't, doesn't really matter. Capacity of the brain is the same. Size does not matter to intelligence.

I dont have the PC program to discipher this.
In it for the Lulz,what else?

<< 1    3  4 >>

join