It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

14 year old Devon Minnema goes on fox news and says we should end the federal reserve

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

What I find funny about this clip, is that when the news anchor asks him if he gets teased by anyone-assuming it would be a "Jimbo Jones" type of idiot-he instead says no, but some teachers are unreceptive. I'd hate to be the teacher that was snotty to this young activist.

Way to go, Devon, I hope you become president one day.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I'm sure that little **** is being fed some sort of agenda via FoxNews.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by GreenBicMan]

+28 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The kid already understands more about our economy at 14 than most 40 year olds.

Why?

Private education.

Only a flipping idiot would think that a central bank planning interest rates and debasing the currency is a good thing.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
I'm sure that little **** is being fed some sort of agenda via FoxNews.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by GreenBicMan]

yeah, because we all know how much fox news hates the federal reserve (sarcasm).

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Great video OP, and as I do not post much anymore, because this board is being over ran with idiocy, I was compelled to post to this and I hope to see it make it to the front page. This is the kind of change America needs, and the change it is getting.

I'd be honored to have that guy as a friend of mine.

reply to post by GreenBicMan

Just stop.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

You don't think there is a mouth piece from some angle behind that kid? You are crazy IMO.

By the way, what is your great idea in place of the central bank we have and don't tell me the barter system, or anything that is backed by gold.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

this is at least the second interview with children on fox that i have seen where the interviewer asks the questions about the kid being harrassed or unjustly treated by a teacher (*allegedly).

personally, and i really mean this, i believe the science fiction channel and science fiction programs present more information and truth than fox news does.

i equate fox news as somewhere inbetween a dog chasing it's own tail, and a monkies throwing poo at their own audience.

but who am i and what do i know,
ET

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

That's precisely why he said to *end the federal reserve* because the government wants that so badly that they didn't allow for Ron Paul's Audit-The-Fed bill to pass.

Get out of here, you're making no sense and just derailing the thread.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Yeah, guess it is hard to go against a kid with a big smile. Fortunately I can think for myself.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

OK, have fun.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7/13/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

this is at least the second interview with children on fox that i have seen where the interviewer asks the questions about the kid being harrassed or unjustly treated by a teacher (*allegedly).

personally, and i really mean this, i believe the science fiction channel and science fiction programs present more information and truth than fox news does.

i equate fox news as somewhere inbetween a dog chasing it's own tail, and a monkies throwing poo at their own audience.

but who am i and what do i know,
ET

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

since the kid was educating fox news you should be proud that there is some truth on fox news for once.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

You don't think there is a mouth piece from some angle behind that kid? You are crazy IMO.

By the way, what is your great idea in place of the central bank we have and don't tell me the barter system, or anything that is backed by gold.

So, let's get this out of the way really quick:

1.) The Federal Reserve system isn't (entirely) flawed as is your
logic or lack-thereof...

2.) If ANYONE should be in charge of the Federal Reserve?
It should be the people, OR reps NOT affiliated with the system
who have ulterior motives...

3.) As it is now...the Federal Reserve
-isn't federal
-hasn't ANY reserves.
-has ZERO accountability.

The banking system is heavily flawed in areas I'm almost
certain you haven't a clue about.

Money SHOULD be backed by something of value, not an empty
promissory note vessel that Kinkos itself has the ability to reproduce.

1's, 10's, 20's and 100's are all made on the SAME paper, and are ALL
(inherently) valued the same=flawed=fail.

I'm not sure if YOU know this (or not) but in any system
there will be rich, and poor. In a solid system of finances with finite
monies backed by items of value you will have people with more
and with less (see common sense)

The poster wasn't providing an alternative ground breaking system
of currency solely because people like you DEMAND some sort of innovative
solution to:

A) cater to your whimsical empty headed thinking and
B) single-handedly fix the huge problem each American is faced with...

Just because one doesn't have a blue-printed solution does NOT mean
the system currently in place isn't flawed (because it is)

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
He's very well spoken, isn't he?

Kids that I know are very upset - but I am ONLY hearing that from homeschooled kids. The kids in my homeschool group are VERY vocal and very worried about debt and if they will ever get to retire.

The kids I know that come over that are in public school are worried about music and their favorite songs.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Chinesis

In another thread I will debate all of this (as countless times before).

The answer in the end is that there is no perfect monetary system. In addition to that Americans are 100% reliant on the fractional reserve banking system. Something we can not do without - and if you have a credit card or a loan for your house you are perpetrating exactly what you are going against.

But wouldn't want to ruin this sweet FoxNews video that you all got going on here and derail such a great thing.

Later mang'

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

How about money issued by congress versus a central bank owned and run by private banks. Geez.

Or maybe you feel it is just that we pay intrest on every dollar the Fed creates.

Or maybe you appreciate the fact that the dollar has lost over 95% of its value since the inception of the Fed ( inflation = theft ).

Maybe you like the fact that the current depression was designed and created just for you. The banks now own more real estate that individuals in this country

Go watch "Money Masters" or some such on you tube and learn a bit more about your centrel banking system.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Hey this kid is great. He's well spoken, cordial and polite, and he didn't even badmouth anybody. Ha Ha .......I doubt if a Democrat could match his effort.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Chinesis

In another thread I will debate all of this (as countless times before).

The answer in the end is that there is no perfect monetary system. In addition to that Americans are 100% reliant on the fractional reserve banking system. Something we can not do without - and if you have a credit card or a loan for your house you are perpetrating exactly what you are going against.

But wouldn't want to ruin this sweet FoxNews video that you all got going on here and derail such a great thing.

Later mang'

Let me know when and where this thread will be, I'll be waiting for it.

As it is, however...
A fractional banking system isn't necessary in our society and
*WE* can do without it.

However the #1 element tied to the *why* credit is deemed
so important isn't due to the credit companies, rather it is due to
the limited thinking involved with persons who are too wrapped
up with their personal possessions, leases and so forth.

Disagreement alone doesn't ruin a thread.
It's pretty conceivable any thread that has faux news in it where
a guest is easily handing them their a$$ is a good thing.

I'm quite aware no monetary system is perfect, but as it is currently:
the state is in collusion with those entities and private interests who
have quietly but swiftly put a value on each and every birth, and unbeknownst to the masses, have double dipped into that fund time and time again.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 5MaveN5

You have great ideas, except you are a victim of others opinion. Money issued by congress huh? Really? Which one of these people in congress is going to do this?

Hopefully Barney Frank and Bob Corker. 2 guys that are totally in it for themselves.

I trust the FED 1000000x more than any congressman.

Who would implement interest rate policy? Our congress? Interesting..

Why would we audit the FED when that would show our hand to every other central bank for them to go after us by making it more expensive for us to get out of our positions? You don't think showing your poker hand publicly has any ramifications? Nah, prob. not, cause you watched Money Masters, right?

But as long as your know the inner secrets of Maiden Lane I and II, I suppose you can rest easy, right? Like you would ever understand it. You would just understand whatever the opinion was of someone else regurgitating their own opinion.

Maybe .001% of people on this planet really QUANTITATIVELY understand our monetary policy. None are on this message board unfortunately. The ones that say they do are misguided or foolish.

And I guarantee there is not 1 in congress. That much has been made apparent over the last year.

So while you share the opinion of 99% on this board that certainly doesn't make it correct or right.

I'm done on this thread anyway, and it will no doubt turn into the countless others that are just a waste of time because they are all hypothetical and there is never 1 concrete suggestion that could be implemented without countless holes.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

A central bank run and owned by the people of the United States would be a great start, at least we wouldnt get charged interest every time we print money.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Wow, Devon. If you are in the public school system, you give me hope for it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join