It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Particle has been found!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
Wow!!! Crazy news if true it's still somewhat of speculation that the LHC's main rival has made the Earth shattering Discovery

Tommaso Dorigo, a physicist at the University of Padua, has said in his blog that there has been talk coming out of the Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory in Batavia, Illinois, that the Higgs has been discovered.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Mon Jul 12 2010 by Jbird]

Why did you lie in the thread title? i quote you on this "God Particle has been found" but actually, no it hasn't it MIGHT be but that is speculation, thread is good but please represent the thread with a proper thread title. THanks BroTher!!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

You don't have a slightest hint of a clue how science works.
I doubt you ever threw a penny in our direction, so shutting up is the recommended course of action.
Yes, in a retard's disturbed sleep.

You deflect what might be irrelevant, with more irrelevancies. My analogue might be the blind trying to lead the blind. Your tone and temperament do not do your name, intelligence, or the subject any justice buddhasystem

there will always be another smaller particle to discover and so on and so on ..... infinite streching into smaller and smaller particles .....

I completely agree with you, this is why I want to coin my theorised 4th dimensional "Super God Particle" and my even more evasive, M theory "Super Duper God Particles" right now! hehe

So if they find out how to manipulate mass, does that mean they will be able to create any element? Such as gold.

It's extremely difficult to convert one atom into another. It can only be done with nuclear reactions, and there is no known nuclear fuel that will decompose not leaving gold as nuclear waste. Also, since gold is very stable, it doesn't react much with anything. Gold was first synthesized from mercury by neutron bombardment in 1941, but not only was the gold very expensive to produced it was highly radioactive.

Would the 'god particle' essentially be the aether theories explored by earlier scientists.

As far as I can tell the Aether Model work great to mathematically substantiates unified field Theory, but this theory is not particle physics. It is unobserved Planck scale unification based on unobserved speculation.

Personally I still love the artificial StarGate theory.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by R2JEW2

Hello there, I feel I have addressed this several times throughout the thread if you would care to revise it. The title was taken straight from the article hence the sensationalism. I also linked Doc Velocity's thread in, which discusses the rumour being denied.

I will only apologise for the three exclamation marks!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I have an old friend that is a physicist in management at Fermi. I just pinged him and will let you guys know what I hear. We have chatted often about the HB Particle and so I expect he would have said something to me recently, but like I said I will let you know.

Pure imagination on my part BUT...if we discover the particle responsible for assigning mass...then we might be at the doorstep of tinkering with gravity...new propulsion systems. If you entertain the idea that some of the UFO sightings of craft making 90 degree turns at high speeds etc are genuine...a manipulation of the gravitational field surronding that craft would be a possible explanation. A scenario where the craft itself is not being "propelled" but rather the gravitational field nearby the craft is being altered directing the craft to "fall" in the direction you would like it to...up, down, right left. Question...would this eliminate G-Force associated with dramatic maneuvers...90 degree turns at high speed? I am not phyicist, but to my laymans understanding, the HB particle when discovered, is going to open the door to some revolutionary technological developments.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
NewScientist says the rumors are unfounded, even though they themselves did post about it like the telegraph a few days prior.

www.newscientist.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
MojosGhost

As far as I can tell the Aether Model work great to mathematically substantiates unified field Theory, but this theory is not particle physics. It is unobserved Planck scale unification based on unobserved speculation.

I would love to see how and what theories of unification you are referring to that include Aether.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It has not been found. There has never been any evidence that it had. It was all a 15 minutes of fame blog rumour.

That is in itself bad. What is worse is the reaction of those here at ATS jumping on the band wagon as if it was true and coming out with sheer pure unadulterated b.s.

The reaction based on ZERO evidence is why this site has degenerated so badly recently.

Rule1: whatever you read in a quoted/cherrypicked unoffical statement is almost always distorted propoganda, so don't ever believe it.
Rule2: Research the facts before making any comment.
Rule3: (exceptionally hard for most folks) be prepared to be WRONG and for your beliefs to be WRONG.

Break all 3 then go hang your head in shame.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MojosGhost

You don't have a slightest hint of a clue how science works.
I doubt you ever threw a penny in our direction, so shutting up is the recommended course of action.
Yes, in a retard's disturbed sleep.

You deflect what might be irrelevant, with more irrelevancies.

Oh, so you are saying you may have posted irrelevant crap? Might as well apologize for that, don't you think? I've shown you the way, so it's quite relevant.

My analogue might be the blind trying to lead the blind. Your tone and temperament do not do your name, intelligence, or the subject any justice

Why not? When I see a pompous fool without knowledge of physics who's bashing hard working folks, I call their bluff. It just feels right.

It's extremely difficult to convert one atom into another. It can only be done with nuclear reactions, and there is no known nuclear fuel that will decompose not leaving gold as nuclear waste.

Maybe it does take taking a course in nuclear physics to appreciate the utter falsehood/stupidity of that pronouncement. But I've had a few. So for laypeople on this board, I put up a big sign: TOXIC CRAP.

As far as I can tell the Aether Model work great to mathematically substantiates unified field Theory

So you are totally at home with unified field theory and mathematical apparatus of same?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MojosGhost
Your tone and temperament do not do your name, intelligence, or the subject any justice

I'm witnessing such a parade of bizarre, absurd and uneducated all in one package here on ATS, that anybody's judgment on my intelligence or other such quality, in a crowd like this, is highly irrelevant to me. I have more interesting peer groups. And my "temperament" is also a reflection of that -- enough is enough.

Now, you comment on somebody else's post:

there will always be another smaller particle to discover and so on and so on ..... infinite streching into smaller and smaller particles .....

I completely agree with you

...and why? Care to show math that leads in that direction, or an experiment that does? What, no?

this is why I want to coin my theorised 4th dimensional "Super God Particle" and my even more evasive, M theory "Super Duper God Particles" right now! hehe

It sounded quite authoritative from the start (despite the deplorable lack of any substance), and "hehe" just sealed it.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MojosGhost

I really could slap you, as peaceful as i am i get rather sad at seeing such ignorance.

It will easily come to a point where particles are simply not enough. Modern theories regarding the quantum world are diverse, however it seems to come down to a simple truth, that the smallest particles are made up of energy. How this energy manifests particles is the question but it isn't simply smaller and smaller particles as you claim.

Basically please don't post if you have no clue about the subject at hand, all you are doing is showing how utterly ignorant you are.

Forgive me for this post i just run out of patience when i'm in more pain than usual.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join