It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Particle has been found!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Genesis322

It's called the God particle because; some “believe” (these are theories mind you) that they are uncovering the ultimate structure of matter and the fundamental particles which build it.
These particles combine to build all atoms, molecules, stars and galaxies. “The Universe”

We should all know why they are calling it a god particle, but my point is, that the 3rd dimensional quantum field is irrelevant when we consider string theory's, multidimensional radiation template-structures, and what ever fields they occupy.

Does god only apply to the 3rd dimension? Or can this be our god particle until we become so scientifically advanced that we can see my own theoretical "super god particles"

Most important, string theory seems to require our world to have a property called supersymmetry. And a supersymmetric Standard Model with string theory boundary conditions has Higgs bosons and explains their properties. Whereas the mass of the Higgs boson cannot be calculated in the Standard Model, in the supersymmetric Standard Model the mass can be calculated approximately to be 90¿40 GeV, a range that contains the likely discovered value.

Finding a Higgs boson thus strongly supports the supersymmetric Standard Model, which in turn supports the notion that string theory is indeed the right approach to nature.
Agreed, but I was actually being facetious.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by MojosGhost]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I don't think most real physicists are saying this is the be-all-and-end-all explanation for the cosmology of our physical universe. It's just the last missing piece in the Standard Model of particle physics. All of the interviews with physicists I've ever seen have shown them ready and willing to say that there are things the Standard Model alone doesn't explain with absolute accuracy, and that things like String Theory may be necessary to more accurately explain and predict how our universe functions. For example, some theorize that gravitons may not be confined to our spacetime at all, and may "leak" into other dimensions.

Apparently many physicists dislike the term "God particle."

The Higgs boson is often referred to as "the God particle" by the media,[27] after the title of Leon Lederman's book, The God Particle: If the Universe Is the Answer, What Is the Question?.[28] While use of this term may have contributed to increased media interest in particle physics and the Large Hadron Collider,[28] many scientists dislike it as overstating the importance of the particle.[27] In a renaming competition, a jury of physicists chose the name "the champagne bottle boson" as the best popular name.

en.wikipedia.org...

Originally posted by MojosGhost
Agreed, but I was actually being facetious.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by MojosGhost]

Oh, sorry. I didn't realize. Well, I didn't know that about the Higgs, and it was an answer to my own question at least, which I wouldn't have found if not for your facetious question lol. So thanks anyway.

[edit on 7/13/2010 by AceWombat04]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Well it would appear that the Tevitron team have declared this a hoax. Thanks Doc velocity for the heads up.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Doc Velocity's thread;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Shameless of Tommaso Dorigo to do so I believe he has done irreparable damage to his name in the science community, and here at ATS. Perhaps he jumped the gun, as the article does go someway to explaining that new developments have been made in their research.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Disappointing to be sure. But at least I learned something I didn't know before. As my father says, "Knowledge of a thing is always better than ignorance of it, even if the process of going from the latter to the former is painful or unpleasant."

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

can someone tell me whether a definitive discovery of the Higgs Boson would invalidate or vindicate any aspects of string duality? Do any string theories replace the Higgs with something else from which to derive mass,

This is theory...
From what I understand, duality is created in the 4th dimensional field. Each dimension connects with its closest layer in creating reversal dissonances and accenting harmonics to facilitate the flow of hyper-dimensional energy. It is only perceived to spin as quantum particles slow, and become recognizable as electrons, protons, neutrons, and the subatomic groupings of all space time particles. The resonant field of the 3rd dimension is complete duality. There is no need to substantiate it, as mass is duality.

All I know, is that string theory uses the Bisonic string, so there is no other way to account for mass. That shouldn't really matter though "excuse the pun" because matter is only relevant in our quantum field, as anything out side of our dimensional frequency is vibrating so quick, it is not matter.

For example, some theorize that gravitons may not be confined to our spacetime at all, and may "leak" into other dimensions.

That is a great theory and makes a lot of sense. Two objects can never touch as the space from atoms is so far, and the force so strong. When you feel the impact of another object, its actually just the sound of friction caused by the force of the dimensional barrier. If you were to fall off a building the theoretical gravitons would have to pass through the dimensional barrier of the matter or you would not get the "splat affect". I heard it explained alot better then I just did.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
related data : www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Conspiracy time...

The "Merkaba" is the term used for the inter dimensional transport vehicle made in manifest, and is used in such things as astral projection, and space time travel. “Twisted” Merkaba Vortex mechanics implement unnatural distortions of the spin-speed and spin-direction of Merkabic Vortex sets, to create a particle/ anti-particle harness field within which energy and atoms can be trapped. Once trapped within the inorganic Merkaba Field, the harnessed energy quanta can then artificially sustain a prolonged longevity of form, and achieve limited local inter dimensional transport, as long as the inorganic Merkaba Harness around it can “feed”/ drain energy from organically living energy fields. The inorganic Merkaba Field, also known as the “Death Star” or “External Merkaba,” must “feed,” much as an “energy vampire” as unlike organic Merkaba Vehicle structures, the “Death Star Merkaba” is incapable of independently generating energy quanta for self sustenance.
It represents a distorted, contrived, inorganic “creation formula” through which "unnatural multidimensional radiation template-structures can be artificially created" by abusing the Natural Laws of Multidimensional Physics to harness and direct the organization of dark-matter, quarks and subatomic particles, in order to form inorganic, finite-life artificial structures of light-radiation, and atomic and biological form.

The ancient atlanteans referred to this inorganic, artificial, finite-life static “Dead Light” radiation fields as the "Metatronic Death Science" or the “Tree of Artificial Life” and warned of its adverse effects on contemporary organic biological living light energy, and its relation to Earths Templar.

The LHC is actually an artificial illuminati StarGate used to distort natural Earths Templar StarGate system.

The StarGate system works in the same way and in conjunction with the biological Chakra system.

Find your own truth.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I really hate this "god particle" name.

Leon Lederman wanted to call it the "goddamned particle" because finding it was so vexatious. The editor of his book changed it to "God Particle" for better sales. This was stated on the record by Peter Higgs himself.

There is NO mystical feeling among any particle physicists about it. They all call it Higgs boson. If there is any mention of "God Particle" is it sarcastic or mocking breathless or clueless reporters.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by mbkennel]

[edit on 13-7-2010 by mbkennel]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
For as I know the Fermi lab cannot generate the amount of eV to create a "God" particle.. Therefore the hopes are high and is everybody watching CERN.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
So if they find out how to manipulate mass, does that mean they will be able to create any element? Such as gold.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The 'God particle' may exist in five forms, Large Hadron Collider's rival project finds

(excerpts from the above article follow, click to read it all)

Finding the Higgs boson is the primary aim of the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) experiment in Geneva, but new results from a rival study taking place in the US suggest there may be five versions of the elusive subatomic particle, which has never been detected despite five decades of research.

The Higgs boson is thought to mediate the force through which all the other particles acquire mass. But scientists overseeing the DZero experiment at the Tevatron particle accelerator in Illinois said the suggestion that five different particles could be responsible for this transaction may point to new laws of physics beyond the Standard Model.

Researchers at the Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory outside Chicago observed that collisions of protons and anti-protons produced pairs of matter particles one per cent more often than they yielded anti-matter particles.

This "asymmetry" of matter and anti-matter is beyond what could be explained by the Standard Model and could be accounted for by the existence of five Higgs bosons with similar masses but different electric charges, the researchers said.

Three would have a neutral charge and one each would have a negative and positive electric charge. This is known as the two-Higgs doublet model.

The researchers have published the latest DZero study on arXiv.org. The results were reported by Symmetry magazine.

that last part might be of interest to you guys who actually understand the nitty-gritty of this stuff...i looked at the paper and HA! at least now i know where my instinctive understanding ends and true knowledge ends!
W
W

so, that would throw a wrench into the Standard Model, wouldn't it?
any thoughts?

--------------------

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
I have to say when I first started the thread I got a little over exited shall we say, and I was really expecting it to have broken into the mainstream news when I got up this morning, and most importantly been confirmed!
But alas so far not so good. So my intention was that the title would be fact by this afternoon. I am somewhat of a dreamer.

i call that *positive thinking with the most potential*!

-------------------

Originally posted by Reconer
Has it ever dawned on anyone that the LHC or others are used or have been used as a possible hyperdimentional "gateway" through different "sheets" of time? I was looking into ET space travel cause there are lots of vids from NASA of UFO's traveling in the ultraviolet spectrum...so maybe they have been here all along right in front of us.

i definitely think there is more to it that has to do with time and with dimensions since timespace is a dimension.
they seem to leave off the time aspect of most everything to do with space. but they are bound as one.

------------------------

Originally posted by Alpha Arietis
Basically: The standard model of particle physics describes six quarks, six leptons and four forces. The math is sound and predicts certain events accurately. The problem is that it doesn't allow for the existence of mass.

So the big question is "where does the mass come from".

The postulated answer is that there is an omnipresent "vacuum" field (the "Higgs Field") in the universe that is super-energized.

Without it, everything would be pure energy. It essentially "slows" particles down enough for mass to exist.

The "god particle" would be the evidence that this "vacuum field" actually exists.

but doesn't a black hole fit the description of a "vacuum field?"

it sucks in light.
perhaps on the other side, matter comes out.

in the middle is a mass-factory.

in fact, that's what i think happens. long story as to why and how but yeah...i'm thinking there are some things hiding under our noses in plain sight...maybe not on this plane...but still

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Rumours are what they are ... RUMOURS ... untill something substancial will be revealed.

So funny ... because THE Godparticle will never be found

there will always be another smaller particle to discover and so on and so on ..... infinite streching into smaller and smaller particles .....

Namaste!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

But scientists overseeing the DZero experiment at the Tevatron particle accelerator in Illinois said the suggestion that five different particles could be responsible for this transaction may point to new laws of physics beyond the Standard Model.

Very interesting, perhaps they do have something after all. I would have thought the interaction of five different particles would eliminate the need for a higgs particle. I've always hoped the outcome would be a revision of the standard theory. Sounds good.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by squiz
I've always hoped the outcome would be a revision of the standard theory. Sounds good.

me, too.

i don't think it accounts for everything without revisions.
and we are still learning - so much more to discover!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal
People are too focused on money and thinking it can solve anything.

You don't have a slightest hint of a clue how science works.

"FIND THE GOD DAMN GOD PARTICLE! *throws $20Billion dollars at scientists at CERN

I doubt you ever threw a penny in our direction, so shutting up is the recommended course of action.

Honestly... is that how it goes?

Yes, in a retard's disturbed sleep.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I would laugh very hard if they announce they found nothing, and weeks, or months later, the LHC says they found it.
Maybe to appease the taxpayers at the very least.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
giving itself a 50-50 chance of finding it this year and claiming it should have enough data to make a definitive statement on the Higgs' existence by early 2011 regardless.

i really laughed when i read that statement. A 50-50 chance?? Obviously!!!! A mystery, the Higgs, it will stay.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Firstly, I'm not a quantum physicist or anything but I have had an interest in these types of discoveries. If I may ask a stupid question...
Would the 'god particle' essentially be the aether theories explored by earlier scientists. I had understood that aether was such a minute particle that it could flow freely even through molecular structures the way wind flows through trees. Am I even close on that one?
I kinda understood that the GP was a fundamental building block of atomic mass; the intricate DNA of an atoms substructure so to speak.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

The original "GP" was actually a cosmic ray measured in the highest percentage of light speed ever recorded.

The Aether exists in Einstein's work as 1/sq.rt.ue for c^2. S/T is composed of only u and e.

There is no standard model. There is no four fundamental forces. There is but one force, electrodynamics, and Maxwell is its prophet.

I stand alone, and I stand correct. In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king. I have waited for this moment for ages.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
As regards the semantic legitimacy of referring to Higgs as a "God Particle," I think we can say the same thing about the Bible itself, a manmade tome of observations that attribute our existence to a God or Trinity of Gods.

If you read the Bible — which is doubtful, I think, for most of the folks who post on ATS — it becomes apparent that what is identified therein as "God" is not so much a Universal Creator as it is an entity or entities unusually obsessed with one species on a relatively insignificant planet at a random point in the 13-billion-year existence of the Universe.

In the Book of Job — which is the chronologically oldest book of the Old Testament, far older than Genesis — we find God and Satan sitting around, having a beer perhaps, and wagering about the Faith of Humankind. God even invites Satan to test Job with the cruelest trials and torments, simply to make a point.

This is a far different picture than that presented throughout the rest of the Bible of God as a loving Creator and Protector and Savior of humanity. The Book of Job reads more like an account of Greek gods and demigods using Man as a mere pawn for their cosmic amusement.

I mean, to me, the Bible sounds very much like a collection of primitive oral traditions relating an encounter with a more advanced civilization and our confused struggle to appease those superior entities, lest we find ourselves smote or cast into a lake of fire at the whim of the "gods"... I would argue that what we call "God" in the Bible is not God at all, but something with a rather limited attention span and a decidedly perverse sense of humor, like a drunken uncle who comes to live with your family one summer.

It may be as improper to refer to the Biblical God as "God" as it is to refer to Higgs Boson as "The God Particle"... But perhaps it's just a matter of semantics.

— Doc Velocity

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join