It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The worlds most barbaric punishments!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

So if someone murder your spouse or child in a unusually cruel manner, you would prefer that they (the murderer) be allowed to live and perhaps released from prison when some parole committeee decides to it is time?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eagleheart56

So if someone murder your spouse or child in a unusually cruel manner, you would prefer that they (the murderer) be allowed to live and perhaps released from prison when some parole committeee decides to it is time?

you know, not everyone wants revenge.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Well on the bright side the topic is an effective way to fix our economy.... all the government has to do is allow the synidcation of capital punishment.... create stadiums for people from around the world to purchase tickets and encourage tourism to these "events"..... and then the US can become closer aligned with the legacy of Rome

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I think some punishments are less barbaric than say for instance, not punishing someone. Just suppose a woman has been raped, and the charges are bought, the suspect convicted. The convicted WILL get out of prison, and theres the chance that the convict may be seen out and about by the victim... THAT is barbaric.
Genuinely evil persons ought to be treated like the dirt under the nails of humanity , that they most surely are. Surely a persons right to justice ought to outweigh the rights of a person who has commited acts which essentialy classify them as less than human? Barbarism?The only barbarism I know of, is that crimes go unsolved, soft scentences are handed down, and crime oft goes almost unpunished. Thats barbarism. Worry about that.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
There is nothing more barbaric than depriving one of their right to redemption,some acts cannot be forgiven,but many are imprisoned or destroyed,so they will never recover from what amounts to a basically harmless act.

It's not like the death penalty really solves anything since everyone has to die someday anyway,it's more like a dog and pony show put on for the ignorant masses.

Some things just never change.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I fail to see how in any case murder justifies murder.
Take them and put them in solitary and let them rot there. If they would like to give them a rope in order to fashion their own noose then they can take their own life.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This is quickly turning into a death penalty debate, can we try and stay focused on topic?

This brings to mind the execution of the Knight Templar... Actually, I can't think of a worse way to go. I'll source it out and re-post in a few.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Well here is another one followed by ancient Indian Hindus, Burning the widow with their husbands body. Well those @@@@ @@@@@ were cruel enough to do that I ve always wondered how was it ever allowed purely selfish....... and evil.

adaniel.tripod.com...

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Ashcool007]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
What about Josef Mengele's horrific treatment of his captives?

Injecting chemicals into their eyes, putting people into pressure chambers, performing operations without pain killers, stitching children together, amputations, removing organs ... Countless executions in gas chambers and putting live children into ovens.

The man was possibly the sickest person to walk the planet and he went unpunished.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Feanorr

You should make that your sig, just sayin...
second line

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Take a look at truth tube if you wan to see how barbaric some punishments are, I know its a propaganda site but it shows just how barbaric the human race can be.

www.truthtube.tv...

A lot of the links are very graphic and are marked with 18+

I have nightmares about this site so I never go there any more

best regards

zippy70

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Capitol punishment is awesome when used properly.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ReeVeeR

I'd say stoning is an unusual and cruel punishment... But those others.. not so much.

Why is it cruel and unusual to inflict the same pain upon someone that they caused others?

I'd say the man chemically blinded got better than what he did. He deserved to have his face splashed in acid as he did to the woman.

Don't be so weak, please. It is only right that someone who kills maliciously should be killed themselves. Although I do favor in that case making them live trapped like an animal without freedom for the rest of their days. That seems as though it might be a better punishment.

Eye for an eye. If criminals thought that they would lose their eye or be beaten as they do to others, then perhaps they would be more afraid of comitting the crimes they do. Prison doesn't scare them because they adapt to prison.. How do you adapt criminally to being blinded?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

I have seen pics of the ling chi. I was also told of it by a 90 year old woman (was a doctor in China). She was born in a family of nobles.

There is also some punishments of people being burned alive.

As far as the beheadings, I dont think all persons were tranquilized, but if there is no way to avoid it, tranquilizers would hopefully help, and the person being put to death can only hope for a very sharp skillful knife, and a merciful quick death.

I watch Spanish news channels, and they show people (dead) killed in various ways and accidents. Things like that happens alot in those countries. But in the US news, you hardly are allowed to see what is REALLY going on, because a kid might see it, a adult might get grossed out or pass out......This world is not built around what a kid might see. And certain ages shouldnt need to watch the news (like that), but all parents need to educate their kids on how this world can be dangerous......they are not living a cinderella life.
Just as there are very violent punishments (just as this thread is pointing out a few) for those considered guilty, never forget, there are even worse tortures for those who are innocent.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I wouldn't call them "Barbaric" at all, maybe odd for this day and age, but these types of punishments happened all the time long ago. and IMO "do unto others" Saudi Arabia has got it right. Don't do the crime if you can't accept a similar fate.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

The death penalty here in the US IMO should be practiced more.
When a person is killed, there are MANY other people (friends, family, associates) who suffer the loss, and feel the pain and anger for so many years knowing the murderer gets to be fed, be provided medical, get an hour of excercise, etc for 1, 2, or even 3 life sentences....at taxpayers expense, plus there is overcrowding on top of that.
I think it would be reasonable to imprison the "murderer" for a period of 5 years first. this will allow time to hopefully prove innocence, appeal if there is a case, and maybe even change the sentence. That is fair.

Talk about human rights? The rights of the innocent or victim should be foremost, NOT the other way around.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

The CNS is not the only thing that gets fried. From what I understand, smoke and flames from the skin and eyes are common in cases of execution by electrocution.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
People have mentioned American death penalties, but I'd like to make an argument.

When someone in America is given a death sentence, they have likely killed many people in a brutal way. I'm not saying they deserve it, but compare the punishment to other places, like. . .

China, where the government will torture and/or kill you for passing out Bibles, to give an example.

OR, especially many Radical Islamic countries, where someone would be tortured and/or killed for: being raped, leaving Islam, being a homosexual, blasphemy, etc...

SO, you can say America is brutal, but those criminals killed in American prisons by electrocution/etc have done much MUCH worse crimes than in other less-free countries of the world.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royzer

The CNS is not the only thing that gets fried. From what I understand, smoke and flames from the skin and eyes are common in cases of execution by electrocution.

Yes there is the rather unpleasant term "sloughing" where the skin basically melts off. More accurately the fat melts, the skin above it tears and then slides off over the now semi liquid fat layer. At least that's how it was explained to me.

Really not a nice way to go.

Now firing squad, i'm not sure why that was included in barbaric ways to go. If i had a choice then firing squad would be right up there, it's a pretty fast way to die if done right. Although i'd prefer a shot to the head over the heart.

Still this thread is a little strange in it's title ascapital punishment in any form is barbaric, it speaks to our most base instincts of vengeance. It has nothing to do with punishment or deterence, it's all about the feeling the victims get from seeing the individual killed.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamBoon
Capitol punishment is awesome when used properly.

Hmm cradle of filth avatar - check

Retarded childish comment - check

Erm... Need i say more?

Death isn't awesome, and no amount of high pitched squealing accompanied by mediocre black metal will change that.

Sorry but no...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join