It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The worlds most barbaric punishments!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The dead cannot learn. The dead cannot repent. The dead cannot repay.

---------------------------------------------------------------

They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.

Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?

This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.

So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground .

And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Each state has their own laws governing Capital Punishment. Once a jury decides on punishment by death then I think the victim's nearest of kin should be able to request the judge lower the sentence to life in prison. However, if the convicted murderer wants the death sentence then the judge should give it to him/her.

Judges and governors have a heavy burden. I would not want their jobs.

Here are two interesting (and sad) true stories of forgiveness.

People - Forgiving the Unforgivable

christianitytoday - Amish Grace and the Rest of Us

Peace

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I for one think the U.S. criminal system will continue to fill up with these worse offenders because the courts here are to lenient on them in the most part. People that mess with children sexually should on the first offense , if it doesn't concern drugs, should have his nuts cut out if he is male and if a woman have her vagina stitched up. I a person kills a person and it is known for sure, positive he or she did it, they should be killed in the same manner and this should be done with one of the surviving family members if they so choose to do it. If not, the courts can appoint someone to do it. Any BIG crimes should be treated this way if it is 100% positive this person did it...(DNA, 3-5 eye witness, etc.) This should not be used on none violent crimes but they also needs to be changed. Don't let these animals lay around in jail for years before it is carried out either. You would see these sorry A$$, MF'in. ,sick minded people start to think before they did this crime . What kind of law is this... example=,........ A 18 yr. old boy wrote a prescription for Valium and got caught at the drug store with it. A stupid a$$ judge set this boys bond at 5 Million Dollars. (5,000,000) The next day and illegal mexican kidnapped a 6-month old girl baby, her 2 sisters, one being 15 and the other being 16, and the girls mother who was 36. He sexually abused all of them. Sex, oral sex, sodomy, and 3 other charges. This, (I don't know what to call him except a bastard,) set this 46 yr. old mans bond at just fifty thousand dollars..($50,000)....What in the hell kind of justice is this????? They both need a serious talking to.He, the mexican, needs a 22" dildo up his a$$, non lubricated at that... But I personally would use a soldering iron cut up to it's highest temp.and the judge needs to be made to watch so he'll learn how to set correct bonds. I'm through with the legal system. If they leave me and mine alone fine and also not get so outrageous with their charges and bonds against other human beings,, things will be fine between me and them. But, if they keep on with their Bull$hit I may have to revert back to my youth and use some of the things we used back then on people without a conscious..... I am tired of this mess and have been for quite awhile...Everyone should be.....

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather be shot than electrocuted, beheaded, hung, poisoned or gassed to death. In my opinion, death by firing squad is the most merciful, and quickest way to go. If I ever faced execution, that's what I would go for.

Of course, one might argue that capital punishment in itself is barbaric in the first place, so the point is pretty moot.

Then again, I also recognize that sometimes, somewhere, there is always that one time where you can justify execution. And again, me personally, I would chose firing squad.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Also we need to mention those INNOCENT people, wrongly convicted, both in Arabic countries and the US, and executed.

While I agree, if a crime can be proven beyond all reasonable doubt, or the criminal admits to it (alongside provided evidence), then by all means, execute them in a fast, humane manner, if such a thing exists. By crime I mean murder, rape and other heinous acts, not leaving the house without a man!

Really, what more can we expect from the Taliban & Sharia control? I don't bash the middle east, I bash those select groups of people & governments hellbent on murder & destruction wherever they reside.

Here in the UK, Muslim groups are calling on the government to allow Sharia Law to govern Muslims in the UK, all I can say is NO NO NO, if you want to live under a barbaric system, I suggest you relocate to a country where it already exists!

I mean how long before Sharia Law is applied to British citizens who ruffle the feathers of a Muslim? Nothing against Muslims, infact when interpreted PROPERLY, the koran does NOT condone such acts towards fellow Muslims & other humans!

[edit on 12-7-2010 by The Chez]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dumbass
reply to post by ReeVeeR

marriage

This is what some would call "self-inlicted" punishment.

Some people do get lucky to find spouses that are the perfect match.

Getting back to the main subject of the thread, how is death by a firing squad "barbaric" especially when the convicted took an innocent life?

I'll never understand some people and really don't care to.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I've read about some horrible way's of punishing, came across with this method while looking and reading about mayans / indians.

They cut you'r eye lids off then use a rope to tie the person to a pole standing in some dry rocky area.

imagine the fatique, no water no food but here's most disgusting thing.

Birds came for these poles and ate the eyes out of them while still alive.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I would not say these are unfair. I would say that religion brought about some of these.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ReeVeeR

Many Americans are put into the State Rapehouse where they suffer years of abuse from guards and other inmates, for no reason other than the color of their skin, their bank account, or the fact that they have testicles. Several people on death row are there for similarly ludicrous "crimes." Our justice system is laughably unjust, and the for-profit prison system engenders gross and inhuman punishments that the majority of Americans find to be the subject of great amusement. "Don't drop the soap, hahahaha, rape is funny!" We accept that cops are allowed to murder people because they felt "disrespected" and many of our number demand that anyone caught at the border be executed, often with grisly details on what they'd like to see.

How many middle easterns have we killed in the last 10 years because they happen to live within certain lines on a map? How many have we mutilated and tortured after inducing their neighbors to sell them to us?

Stoning is barbaric, sure. But it's not as if America, of all countries in the world, has a place to stand.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by triplereiki

I think its completely acceptable to enforce the death penalty. Perhaps in only severe murder cases however.. only if the intent was there, premeditation, ect.. It would be unreasonable to kill someone for an accident they caused or a case of self defense that the police judged as a crime and not self defense

But still I think it would be worse to keep someone alive without freedom.

But many of these punishments seem reasonable. I dont agree with amputation unless you caused someone else that. I think a more reasonable way to punish stealing is to make them pay the owner back ten times for the value that they stole or would have stolen.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I think the worst punishment would be to sentenced to death but still have to sit in prison for years on end. I cant imagine what it would be like to know you are going to die but have to wait for it and wait for it...true torture.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Iran also allows chemical blinding. In 2005 a 27-year-old man named only as Majid had been stalking a woman, Ameneh Bahrami. When she refused his advances he poured a container of sulphuric acid over her. Bahrami was blinded and disfigured. Majid was sentenced to have five drops of hydrochloric acid dripped into each open eye, blinding him.

I really don't see what is so bad about this. This man ruined an innocent woman's life. He blinded her and basically destroyed her life. How is it so bad that he should feel the same pain he inflicted on her? Punishment should fit the crime, should it not? To me, this is justice in the most basic sense of the word. Why should he be able to enjoy what he took from this innocent woman? Her pain cannot be reversed. She has to live with it the rest of her life. It's only fitting he should have to experience the same pain.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ashcool007

In India, when a man passed away, a woman considered herself unwanted (used already), and therefore would end up not being remarried because she had already belonged to another man....so she would commit "Sati" (pronounced: su-tee). Sometimes, a widow didnt consider herself worthless/used up, so the family members and friends would give her a sedative, and hassle her to the point she must jump onto her husbands pyre.

Also in Japan, many women practiced suicide at the deaths of their husbands....Many women would go to a shallow lake or waterfilled rice paddy, go under and purposefully hang on to the vegetation below with intent to drown.

Honor and virtue are very serious things in those countries....Many (expecially young) women were killed on their wedding nights when the husband would discover she was not a virgin.
When a husband dies, it is only obvious the woman is no longer virgin, has been used/belonged to a man.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Vlad III - The Impaler.

Now THIS DUDE was one sick, sick puppy. The impaler's internal policies left a lot to be desired!

en.wikipedia.org...

Makes me very glad to live in this day and age where I can be relatively safe and the only thing trying to kill me is my own goverment!

Also he's sort of the basis of vampires, so it's his fault we have to deal with all this twilight crap - a really sick man.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Xadaz]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ReeVeeR

An eye for an eye doesn't make those administrating the punishment any better then the entities who 'deserve' the punishment.

So backwards and hypocritical.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I don't have time to read all the posts, but are you folks aware, that woman who was to be stoned is a Widow? She did not cheat on her Husband, he is dead. If not for the media, she would have been stoned to death and she did nothing wrong.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Personally I think the worst punishment the world has had is enduring the slaughter of over six million civilians by the hands of the CIA et al over the last 60 years.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
No...maybe America but get some perspective, what about the second world war and the Holocaust, much more tragic.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Xadaz]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ReeVeeR

Ancient Rome would tie the corpse of the victim to the murderers back. He ate, drank, slept and worked with the dead corpse tied to his back. As it rotted it would infect and slowly kill the murderer.

He probably wasn't invited to many social gatherings.

I'm just glad man is a little more civilized now.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by FearNoEvil]

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join