It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Av 9th - Coincidence or God remaining not so anonymous?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
*The Jewish calendar is based on the Moon, so the month of Av varies greatly using our calendar. *

Av is a time of morning and lamentation for the Jews. This is now the third consective year a solar eclipse has occured on the 1st day of Av.

Tisha B'Av, the Fast of the Ninth of Av, is a day of mourning to commemorate the many tragedies that have befallen the Jewish people on the ninth of Av.
On this date, Moses came down from Mt. Sinai to find the people dancing around a golden calf.
On this date, the 12 spies returned from Canaan land and reported they could not conquer it.
On this date, the first Temple was destroyed.
On this date, the second Temple was destroyed.
On this date, the Jews were expelled from England in 1290.
On this date, Tte Alhambra Decree of 1492, expelling the Jews from Spain, took effect on the 7th of Av, just two days before Tisha B'Av in 1914
On this date, August 1, Germany declared war on Russia and the Swiss army mobilized. World War I caused unprecedented devastation across Europe and set the stage for World War II and the Holocaust.
On the eve of Tisha B'Av 1942, the mass deportation began of Jews from the Warsaw Ghetto, en route to Treblinka

The Jews are worried that this most horrible of months should start for the third time in such an ominous manner. Will it herald the "Day of Jacob’s Trouble?"

Certianly the Middle East is in great disarray and the armies against Israel are hungry for the land and Jewish blood. Hatred is rampant and strife is the norm.

God said the he would put great signs in the moon and the sun.
Genesis 1:14
And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

Is God telling the Jewish Nations to get ready for the worst trouble the world has ever seen? They think it is and agree with them.

[edit on 7/11/2010 by zachi]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
If it is true I hope they pull through it. For being gods chosen they sure get into a lot of trouble ..... some deserved some not.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
With no link provided, I'm going to have to take your word for it, until I have the time to look this up for myself.

Nonetheless, very interesting piece of information.

Enjoy

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by zachi

This is interesting, but I hope wrong. As the chosen people sometimes I wonder:
"but chosen for what.?

Chosen for having the strength to tolerate and endure all the misery surrounding the prophecies?

So much persecution and misery over the decades. I always hope for the worst to be over; to be behind the Jewish people.

American Jews are fine. Here they are protected.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
i don't know...it's about time things got BETTER instead of worse.

plus, it is always darkest before the dawn.

as for the Jews, how could it be any worse than it was for the 2,000 years or so before 1948?

Jewish Expulsions

the time of the black death in Europe was especially bad as was WWII.

Expulsions and the Black Death

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Intriguing things (coincidents?), you have pointed out OP.

I wonder if it will also be on that date that the temple is rebuilt...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Its to do with the 12 tribes of isreal.

It is a metaphore for the 12 signs of the zodiac.

Most of the bible should really be read astrologically.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Eh. The Bible verse quoted is from the creation story; how God put together our world. Not so much a prophecy.

Peep.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by zachi

This is interesting, but I hope wrong. As the chosen people sometimes I wonder:
"but chosen for what.?

1. To recieve the Word of God
Romans 3: 1, 2
What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision?
Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.

2. To show God to the world by live with Him and for Him, but they failed to keep the covenant of their God.

Duet 11:26-28 Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse;
A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you this day: And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which ye have not known.

Neverthe less, God has not forgotten His people:
Isaiah 66:8
Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.
Romans 11:26
And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

The church has been given the task of evangelizing the world because Israel failed to do so, but God has not forgotten His people:
Romans 11:27 - 29
For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes. For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

Israel in down, but definately not out!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by zachi

Oh dark times are coming. Everything points to it. According to the Timewave Zero software, it all hits the fan around September.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by zachi

Certianly the Middle East is in great disarray and the armies against Israel are hungry for the land and Jewish blood. Hatred is rampant and strife is the norm.

[edit on 7/11/2010 by zachi]

And none of Israel's recent actions are to blame for all this????

Look at how many times in the Tanach the Jewish people have turned away from God (hardening their hearts). How many times do you think God would forgive them for this?

Their actions of late to the people of gaza and their other neighbours displays a pretty damn cold hard-as-stone heart.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
There comes a time in one's evolution, or better yet spiritual growth, or if you don't like that, then philosophical understanding .... when one realizes and transcends all these things that are relative.

Jew, Black, American, Chinese, Bible, Koran, etc etc etc blah blah blah blah.

Cut a jew he bleeds red, cut a black he bleeds red. What is ....Is.

These labels of chosen vs. not its all B.S. to me honestly.

We are all equals

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
dominicus
You are right and wrong. We are all sinners. The wages of sin is death. We will all die, so we are all equal.
If you have accepted Jesus as your saviour, you are not equal to others, you are special.
1 Timothy 4:10
For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
You need the Holy Spirit to be spiritual, otherwise, you are dead in tresspasses and sin.

CitizenNum287119327

And none of Israel's recent actions are to blame for all this????

If the Jews had followed their God, their country would be:
Genesis 15:18
In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:

That's quite a bit of property and they will have it one day.

As for Gaza, it has a long history.
It is first mentioned in Genesis 10. It was the home of the Anakims in Joshua 11 and given to the tribe of Judah in Joshua 15. It was where Samson lost his eyes to the Philistines. It was destroyed by the Egyptians in Jeremiah 47. It was punished by God in Amos 1 and given to the Edom. It's complete destruction is fortold in Zephaniah 2:4. In Acts 8 it is a desert.

Many want the land or Israel, the antichrist will be among them. Read this passage from Daniel 11, many believe it is a prophecy of the antichrist and what he will do, or try to do to Israel:

38But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.

39Thus shall he do in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.

40And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over.

The trouble is not over, but at the end, Gaza will belong to Israel!

[edit on 7/12/2010 by zachi]

top topics

join