It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prove you're not a slave. Quit.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by president

I am fishing from my own boat to make a living, can't really see your point.
I suppose the question is if you feel you have a meaningful job or not, if you don't then quit if possible.

IMO most people working on WalMart, Tesco, McDonalds and what have you do it to make a living for themselves and their family, which makes it a meaningful job.

If we are slaves of anything it is the mighty $, not our jobs.

Some people say I'm a no 'count. Others say I'm no good.
But I'm just a nat'ral-born travelin' man, doin' what I think I should, O, yeah.
Doin' what I think I should.

And I don't give a damn about a greenback dollar, spend it as fast as I can.
For a wailin' song and a good guitar, the only things that I understand, poor boy, the only things that I understand.

When I was a little baby, my momma said, "Hey, son. Travel where you will and grow to be a man
And sing what must be sung, poor boy.
Sing what must be sung."

Now that I'm a grown man, I've traveled here and there.
I've learned that a bottle of brandy and a song,
The only ones who ever care, poor boy, the only ones who ever care.

-Kingston Trio
edit on 20-12-2010 by SkurkNilsen because: spellomatic v 2.0

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkurkNilsen

I am fishing from my own boat to make a living, can't really see your point.
I suppose the question is if you feel you have a meaningful job or not, if you don't then quit if possible.

IMO most people working on WalMart, Tesco, McDonalds and what have you do it to make a living for themselves and their family, which makes it a meaningful job.

If we are slaves of anything it is the mighty $, not our jobs.

Yes. The All-Mighty Dollar. That is the device that they have used to keep you enslaved. And since you will die from lack of medicine, or lack of food, or lack of shelter, without that dollar, you will do whatever they say to do to obtain it. Correct. Unless you were thrifty enough in your early slave years to buy yourself a little true freedom.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
The only thing you can ever truly be a slave to is yourself. Conquering yourself is the first step towards living a life that is void of prepared answers and preconceived notions about the world we live in. If you have the clarity of mind to recognize your goals and endeavor, then you have already freed yourself in some way. There seems to be this movement among young people where they tend to believe that work which isn't immediately self sufficient is coercing them into bondage somehow. The "enlightened" individuals who preach this message of supposed freedom are often just as brainwashing as the they themselves accuse the big corporations to be. "Prove you are not a slave. Quit." Sounds condescending in a way. Suddenly the affected reader is made to feel that if he is comfortable with his life and place in society, that he should be ashamed. I believe that setting goals and reaching them is the most fulfilling way to live your life.
It is important to remember that the journey is just as valuable as the actual achievement, so even if an individual must work a less fulfilling job to reach a goal in life, that does not mean the individual in question should be chastised for it. Accept that people do different things with their lives, and just because it is not what you yourself may do, it does not make that person any less of a respectable individual. No master of life ever achieved anything great by asserting himself against the conflict presented to him. Rather move through at your own pace, keeping your eyes on the goal and your intuition sharp.
If the OP caused you to second guess yourself, don't let that happen. The only validation you need is your own, because if you are doing the right thing, self validation comes easy.
edit on 26-12-2010 by GetSomeBringItOn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by GetSomeBringItOn
move through at your own pace, keeping your eyes on the goal and your intuition sharp.

edit on 26-12-2010 by GetSomeBringItOn because: (no reason given)

Screw quitting; either pick up the pace or you're fired.

O.K. the question I pose is, "Why do you work?"

If you work because You like your job, I say, "Work for free."
If you work to feed yourself or your family, then you work for food and you are a slave.
If you work so you and your family will have a place to stay, then you work for shelter and you are a slave. ("Ever see a homeless slave?")
If you work to pay for medication for yourself or your family, then you work for your life and you are a slave.
If you work to pay your j-walking ticket so you won't get arrested for failure to pay, then you work for freedom and you are a slave. (Ever see a free slave?")

And if you are a good slave, they will even let you have some entertainment.

Unless of course you can afford all of these things without lifting a finger. And then you are an owner

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy

Or balls up walk straight up to your "boss" and say, "I quit." just like that.

Ok... I did it!

Soooo, can I borrow $500 for this month's rent?

Yea, sure, but then you would be my slave. And trust me buddy you don't want that. I don't pay crap and I ain't afraid to crack the whip, hard.

edit on 27-12-2010 by president because: content

<< 2  3  4   >>

join