It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prove you're not a slave. Quit.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Prove it ATS. Prove to me that you are not a slave. Quit.
Do it however you like.
Just don't wake up one day and say, “screw it. I quit." or give them your little notice for when you see that I am right. Or balls up walk straight up to your "boss" and say, "I quit." just like that.
Or you can be creative. Whatever. The bottom line is, see how long it takes you to bitch up and go running back to your precious little "job."
See exactly what it is that they have used to make you dependant on their little system.
Is it food? Shelter? Drugs, boos, cigarettes, entertainment, car payments, insurance, court fines? What about medicine? Or food for your children? What exactly will it be ATS that causes you to punk up and go crawling back to that desk, or stove, or truck or whatever other tool they have you assigned to.

Of course there are arguments for working other than the ones I have listed. For example, you could say "I work for progress. If nobody worked, there would be no progress and we would all burn out and fade away without ever seeing, doing, or knowing anything.
While that scenario is a sound one, it's just not the case, Is it?
For me, it was food for my son, shelter, and court fines.
What will it be for you?
You are a slave. Prove you're not. Quit.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
HMMM...know of any land I can farm on? oh yeah, no such thing as homesteading anymore.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by president

So we should all quit are jobs and do what?

I am self employed and run a successful business that is only going to grow.

Is there a better way to provide for my family then working?

Can I grow my own food, no.

So I see your 1 step program and I can say No Thank You.

I choose to push on, because giving up is Apathetic, and Apathy is a leading cause of death.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

You first...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Thank you for the thread! Very interesting!

I am soon going to start studying to become a sequential artist, and I do hope I don't want to quit that job to end my 'slavehood'. I think I would quite enjoy it!

You said there is no progress with people working? Perhaps the progress isn't a very fast one, but I do think we are learning more about reality and the universe around us.

Kind regards

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I quit in a sense. It was really easy to do, once I found somebody solvent enough to support me.

My next quitting phase, will be to walk away from having to do the dishes, too!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
You only become initiated as a slave when you have children.

I'm no slave. I do what I want in life.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Hmm, let’s see be a slave and work 30 hours per week with a lot of time off for fun, OR be a slave to survival and work 12 to 16 hours per day everyday to raise, make, kill, grow etc everything I need to live on...

Hmmm no

There has been no other time in the history of mankind where we have so much free time to do nothing at all if we so wish…I like my slave life thank you very much.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This is not slavery it´s called "civilisation".
It´s almost same for thousands years and you noticed it right now?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I did that last Monday. Caused quite a stir and there's no end in sight. It was good fun and I sleep better as a result.

I'll tell you what, it feels good to test your spine. It feels damn good to stand up for your beliefs. It feels really flippin' good to leave them in the lurch. Employers need to remember who is doing the work that keeps the place spinning.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This is moronic , Here's one for ya... you are a slave to breathing , you're so pathetic clutching on to your 78% Nitrogen , 21% oxygen and remaining trace gases. Prove you're not a slave to it and quit breathing...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
you know what ???

I think it's time to pull out those old
re-runs of Little House on the Prairie
and start getting some insight

Can I keep electricity long enough
to take some notes. Oh and I'll need a tree
for the pencil & paper and some lead.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
We are all slaves to debt and allowing another human to hold sway over your God given rights.

The entire paradigm needs to shift away from "ownership" as a goal before anyone an be free.

Today everything has a value placed on it that ties back to some form of currency. If ownership is abolished, those values would become null.

The entire system is based on consumption and it is imploding as less consumers are able to afford to consume.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Nice Idea OP, I've been there!

I have had close to 10 "jobs" in my life. And every time I felt like I did not want to be a slave to that company anymore I just walked out without saying a word and drove home.

I've never been fired, I've never been yelled at because I know how to work supervisors and such. But just when the company supervisors or managers start to seem like they are going to snap at me then and only then is when I walk out without a word leaving them to figure out where they screwed up.

I've heard through the grapevine that I actually screwed up some companies by doing this. They hate it when employees leave without a word. It messes with their minds. hehe.

My advice, is earn your money where you want. The employee has the most power. Pick your company or trade, and pick your "bosses".

Many people have not realized just how empowering quitting a job can make a person powerful.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I have done it. It sucked . I would rather work and have something than nothing. Regardless of what you do you WILL have to work in some fashion.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
come to think about it
it's not that bad.
there are resources
for relearning how to live
in that fashion.

Native Americans
Amish
etc

guess I'll have to ride bareback
til I can make or trade for a saddle.
hmmmm

how do I get up there without stirrups ???
I need a big rock!!!
now stand still there Nelly girl

WHOA !!!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by president

i already did.

almost 10 years ago.
haven't gone back, yet.

in fact, now i have a little fledgling business i'm going to make a go of - no employees, no overhead, honest work making vinyl decals for inside (the big thing lately) and outside (like on everyone's vehicle's back windshield), banners, signs, etc. i design all the stuff i sell myself.

i don't work for anyone but me and unless i have some sort of anomalous meteoric rise to insane success, i won't have to fund Uncle Sam for a few years yet.

hopefully by then the rest of you will join me and Uncle Sam will be exiled or maybe even OUR slave!!!!!

good luck to everyone
be brave, whatever you do, do it with heart.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Hi,

Just have - for the third time in my life! But this time as I'm 60 - I really couldn't give a stuff!

Interestingly three of my colleaugues and friends have also resigned within 3 months.... Why?

We were taken over by a US company whose only value appears to be - awhat was it again......ahhh yeah - $$$$$$

Peace!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Employers need to remember who is doing the work that keeps the place spinning.

You'll be replaced by someone better and cheaper. No one is as important as you think you are.

There's a shortage of journeymen in my trade, but if we all quit, they'll bring in guys from the Philippines who will work for 75% less.

My $4 million/year boss can quit tomorrow, but the company will keep going, and won't miss a beat.

I've quit several high paying jobs. Never been fired, big deal.
If you were a slave and tried to quit, you wouldn't be alive to find another master.

Like that other guy said, work 10-12 hours a day 7 days a week on your own farm or 40 hours/week and have a comfy life. I choose comfy.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
why not just work for yourself? Be an entrepreneur. Open a small shop doing whatever you love. sell crap on ebay. garden and set up at a farmers market and sell your goods. People live this way. they get by. it can pay the bills.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join