It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

delta force ????

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
im sorry if this is in the wrong place

but ive heard many things about delta force saying the unit doesnt exist and so on ? does this hardcore unit exist or not ?

many of the SAS books ive read have mentioned them and state how they have backed them up and stuff but still from wot ive read the us have said these boys dont exist.

but then again they said area 51 didnt exist so i dunno where i am ???

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
they do exsist
its the US amry's elite special forces unit
very professinal lads they are

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
aren't they trained in anti-terrorist tactics.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
they do exist they were in panama and somalia and they are trained in counter terrorism and urban warfare.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Delta Force is very real! They are a top secret, elite counter terrorist force!

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Some infos i found on Delta Force time ago

www.specialoperations.com...

Wolve

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
they do exsist
its the US amry's elite special forces unit
very professinal lads they are

in another thread you said the gurkas are the best killers...who are they......

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
They exist. The reason why the U.S. govt. denies their existance is because they're suppose to be super top secret.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
They didn't exist.

Then they did exist.

Now they don't exist again.

You could get very pedantic and say it doesnt exist, because it's known as CAG now.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Delta Force do exist, they were created because of the difference in capabilities between the SAS/SBS and US Special Forces.
They are, supposedly, hand-picked out of SEALs, Green Berets, Rangers, etc.
They were originially modelled around the SAS, including selection course, but lack of fitness has changed this greatly (originally their selection course was virutally identical to the SAS one, but then was changed because they were not getting enough people passing)
It is, however, I believe, exempt from the rule meaning that military forces are exempt from use for personal gain!
However, I am not sure about this.
They are very good hit-and-run type units, acting on the element of surprise, but unable to survive in the field for more than a couple days without constant resupplies!
They are, however, extremely well trained, unlike the majority of the American army, and do have competitive exercises with the SAS (of which the SAS normally come out on top!)
None-the-less, they are a strong unit. I believe they are, unfortunately, a recruiting ground for the super-top-secret Grey Fox unit (as it was called in 2002, not sure about the name now) also known as Task Force 121

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Of course Delta Force exists. Just ask Chuck Norris.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
the gurkas are some men from napal that fight for britain
veery efficient men
they do thier stuff and the SAS stuff

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by browha
Delta Force do exist, they were created because of the difference in capabilities between the SAS/SBS and US Special Forces.
They are, supposedly, hand-picked out of SEALs, Green Berets, Rangers, etc.

Wrong, they are not hand picked. They go through a selection process just like anyone else. The Navy guys do exchange duty with them, which is on a volunteer basis.

They were originially modelled around the SAS, including selection course, but lack of fitness has changed this greatly (originally their selection course was virutally identical to the SAS one, but then was changed because they were not getting enough people passing)

Wrong again. If anything it has gotten more physically demanding as time has gone by. The same can be said for all American SF teams. The physical requirements have gone up for them and this has forced them to increase their standards.

It is, however, I believe, exempt from the rule meaning that military forces are exempt from use for personal gain!
However, I am not sure about this.

Wrong again.

They are very good hit-and-run type units, acting on the element of surprise, but unable to survive in the field for more than a couple days without constant resupplies!

Wrong again. Delta is designed to be able to have units conducts patrols and recon for up to one month if need be. They take all the gear with them that they will need and do not expect resupply.

They are, however, extremely well trained, unlike the majority of the
American army, and do have competitive exercises with the SAS (of which the SAS normally come out on top!)

Wrong again (I sound like a broken record). There are no competitive exercises between Delta and the SAS. Whoever is telling you that is a liar. There are numerous cases of joint training, but the guys that are in those teams do not give two flying sh*ts about competitive exercises.

None-the-less, they are a strong unit. I believe they are, unfortunately, a recruiting ground for the super-top-secret Grey Fox unit (as it was called in 2002, not sure about the name now) also known as Task Force 121

Why is it unfortunate for them to be a recruiting ground? BTW the name of the unit has changed again.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Hand picked, ok, sorry, I did contradict myself in the statement.
The Delta Force was modelled on the SAS, including selection process, but the standards were initially lowered because of the low rate of men passing through (a low level of fitness, compared to the SAS, whereas the requirements are more power focused).
As I said, I wasnt sure about the rule exempt for personal gain, I read it in a book in such a way that it seemed factually correct, but I havent confirmed it.
SAS are trained to live off the land, rations are obviously prefable, but when necessary, they can live off the land easily
The competitive exercises are well documented in many SAS biographies, joint-operations training.

I know the name of the unit has changed again, which is why I said I am not sure about the name now... I find it unfortunate that there is a continual poaching of each other's top soldiers.. Whereas in the British Special Forces, you go into the SAS, and that's it. You get trained to the top level, and there is no poaching from that....

edit: I've just been informed that Delta do not allow SEALs to go for selection by U2U from a member who tried to join the SEALs

[edit on 16-6-2004 by browha]

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
devilwasp..thanks for the info,,so they are better than sas??......

[edit on 16-6-2004 by wararts]

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Ghurkas.. are... different
They are tough little b******s!
Some do get into the SAS if they try, but generally, they are the hardest fighting force in the world, e.g. you wont get one alive
they are dedicated to the cause basically, and the british army treats them like shyte (Esp during world war two)..
I'd prefer the SAS on my side, but in like a non-special situation eg ordinary combat, I think they'd rate up to similar to the SAS, as they live around the Nepal area, naturally fit through mountain trekking, etc

edit: Urban legend or myth, not sure, there is one village where you are basically training from birth to be in the British Army and if you dont you basically get exiled =p

[edit on 16-6-2004 by browha]

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
browha thanks for the info....

if this village you mentioned does exist,, them dudes must be like war machines.....scary stuff.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Yup yup! Gurkhas have been in the heart of almost all british action since they joined the British army (I would guess around the 1800s)
They are our finest soldiers!

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
well..i would think that if something like this was going on..it would be kept a secret..4 sure.
cause then other nations would have to try and catch up.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Ghurkas are not secret! They are openly admitted by the government, as they are simply regular troops.
They live (lived, perhaps?) in a British colony and as such are only entitled to serve in the British army unless they obtain citizenship from another country.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join