It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skeptics & Debunkers must be Misinformation Agents. What other explanation exists?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by Master Shen long

You’ve based that one what, I regard myself as someone who is naturally sceptical of conspiracies as such I debunk them in order to establish the truth. That is my stance it does not make me a anything like as evil as a paedophile think about the at word and what it means when you go around comparing me to one for searching for the truth.

Monkey Boy...

For the last time..... Think what is the difference between a skeptic who reads and understands the facts and a debunker who "debunks" the effing facts.
If your a skeptic fine... BRAVO, and KUDOS to you but if your a debunker ill see you in hell

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long

If your a skeptic fine... BRAVO, and KUDOS to you but if your a debunker ill see you in hell

Let those who can prove, do so.

Let those who can debunk, do so.

While debunkers stay busy debunking, and sometimes doing a very good job at it, the provers fail consistently.

It shouldn't bother you if one is out to prove the other right or wrong. What should matter to you, is the truth.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long

Originally posted by Common Good
reply to post by Master Shen long

"So you wouldnt accept the govenrment agents testimony then?

Kettle, black, pot dude! "

I accept ANY testimony...

THAT DOES NOT MEAN PROOF THOUGH!

Let me hit you with one of your own stupid examples...(withought using raping your grandma as an example) very low class might I add.

If I ran around this site telling people that I met you(and lets say I was a 'govt agent'), and that you actually looked like the freak in your avatar, does that make what I say proof?

Of course not. JUST ANOTHER STORY.

Of course not.... But your not a credible govenrment employee who is on the stand in front of the world.
But those space hoppers from nasa are.... But that is not good enough for you is it? But old jimbo sloth who poked grandma is good enough to be put to death on testimonly isnt it?

Case rested!

WTF are you talking about? This whole response was crap. Case rested? I think you just lost your case over that one because of your in ability to comprehend simple sentences.

let me make this is clean and cut as I can for you(eventhough I already repeated it over and over).

TESTIMONY MEANS SQUAT when it comes to proving something if they dont have ACTUAL PHYSICAL EVIDENCE to back it up.

THEY ARE JUST STORIES.

And excuse me if I dont find your whole "raping my grandma" example funny, or even of the slightest bit intelligent.

TESTIMONY IS NOT PROOF. TESTIMONY IS NOT PROOF.TESTIMONY IS NOT PROOF.TESTIMONY IS NOT PROOF.TESTIMONY IS NOT PROOF.TESTIMONY IS NOT PROOF.TESTIMONY IS NOT PROOF.TESTIMONY IS NOT PROOF.TESTIMONY IS NOT PROOF.TESTIMONY IS NOT PROOF.TESTIMONY IS NOT PROOF.TESTIMONY IS NOT PROOF.TESTIMONY IS NOT PROOF.TESTIMONY IS NOT PROOF.TESTIMONY IS NOT PROOF.TESTIMONY IS NOT PROOF.TESTIMONY IS NOT PROOF.TESTIMONY IS NOT PROOF.TESTIMONY IS NOT PROOF.TESTIMONY IS NOT PROOF.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

"I believe that ...."
Major Gordon Cooper, astronaut

"I think that Walter Schirra ....”
-- Pilot Walter Schirra

You cannot debunk "belief" and "thought."

Repetition, bold-face, fake "headlines" and large-face type do not convert beliefs into facts.

Skeptics & Debunkers are Misinformation Agents who want to prove to all others that the most credible people in the world are liars who are not to be trusted.

No one here says that people's beliefs are "lies." Your own extremism and exaggeration are "misinformation."

There is no other logical explanation.
What other explanation exists?

THAT is also merely a "belief," unsupported by fact.

Post something factual, and it can be digested, examined and verified.

Conflating fact with fantasy only serves personal purposes and does not lead to cogent discussion.

Far too often ATS members fail to differentiate statements of opinion from statements of fact. Many, such as ET, claim that the rational members who are grounded in reality and context present "disinformation," or are "agents of misinformation."

Since I became a member, I've seen dozens of threads founded upon claims of "PROOF!" and supported only by resort to bad research, poor sources, opinions and interpretations that cannot withstand scrutiny.

More often than not, these devolve into petulant refusal to accept objective criticism, name-calling and worse.

I am in fact a "believer" with multiple documented reports to appropriate authorities such as FAA, MUFON, and CUFOS, among others. In these reports, I provide facts, not interpretations.

When "observers" provide facts, they invite examination and interpretation from others. (There is a BIG difference between 'observers' and believers.')

We see hurt feelings and divisive allegations when we cling to our own interpretations of our own observations and reject those of others. (Witness the Climategate" and AGW fights where supporting facts are hidden or manipulated, but we are asked to unquestioningly accept interpretations, conclusions, projections and predictions that are otherwise incapable of scrutiny.)

Credulity is a two-way street; belief based upon slight evidence is often wrong. Incredulous-ness is not necessarily a vice or the result of bad motives.

Do us all a favor, and cull out facts from opinions before you post them as a statement of "truth."

deny ignorance

jw

[edit on 11-7-2010 by jdub297]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Offcourse there are agents who work and orientate around social communities. This has been very well documented and accepted, so you should not be surprised and if you are then you obviously have not been around for a while.

So moving right along, if your seeking to point finger out as to who is an agent and who is not, then i guess your about half way there. The fact is, sure there are aliens and sure there are vehicles that defy the normal confines of how you and the majority perceive flying vehicles. However, trying to find information or data that a person would openly discuss let alone leak is as rare as finding a diamond in the street and sure there are people online who will deflect peoples curiosity when approaching such a topic. Its what they do as an occupation. There is information that should not be accessed by the public as its considered a nation security risk.

So i do not understand why such a fixation on who is an agent and who is not.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

There is no other logical explanation.

Yes, there's another logical explanation, at least for sceptics.

What other explanation exists? Why would they be here unless they think the best of the best are untrustworthy liars?

What other explanation exists?

I am here because I want to get as close to the truth as possible, and it's not by accepting anything we see that we can get there.

If we believe everything we see about Aliens and UFOs then there are dozens of Aliens races present on Earth, but they are also demons and angels, and they are all the same thing. But they are also from the hollow Earth, and spirits and gods.

Being a sceptic means that I doubt what is presented to me (and I also doubt my own ideas and feelings), it doesn't mean that I have a preconceived notion about anything and much less that I am on ATS to spread misinformation (and even less that I am paid to do it).

if pictures are worth a thousand words, then what percentage of those words belong to the skeptics, debunkers, disbelievers & misinformation agents?

If pictures are worth a thousand words try saying that you a picture.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Absolutely!!!!!

This thread is right on!

So glad that one thread talking about how photos cannot be trusted caused 4 more threads to be made about it!

I cannot agree with the OP more.

Accept EVERYTHING BLINDLY!

Never question anything. Actually, do not even read accompanying text if you even notice it.

All pictures of anything in the sky are proof, SOLID PROOF of alien visitors. Even if someone can positively identify it later, that person is just an evil debunker and we all know why they suck!

Believe everything!

Question Nothing!

Start another thread whining about failing to read in another thread.

YAY!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
This thread is closed for staff review.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join