It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skeptics & Debunkers must be Misinformation Agents. What other explanation exists?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

If the Skeptics and Debunkers won't believe astronauts testifying under oath to the United Nations about their encounters with ufos in space, then the skeptics & debunkers are not going to believe any ATSers hiding their identity behind their avatars.

Sorry, but skeptics aren't going to fall for the appeal to authority. And again, what it is that makes an astronaut so credible? Ed Mitchell was an astronaut and he's full of it.

And what evidence does Major Gordon Cooper bring to the table? None. Simply "I believe blah blah blah".

And your summation that those people who still retain some critical thinking skills; skeptics, are "misinformation agents"? That's exactly the characterization I'd expect from a dupe. Try to think things through in the future.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long

Originally posted by Common Good
reply to post by Master Shen long

"I will say it yet agian.... If your granny was raped and murded and the only witness was a government agent, would you take that testimony? Of course you would so stop with the BS"

You, are a POS. End of story.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Common Good]

So you wouldnt accept the govenrment agents testimony then?

Kettle, black, pot dude!

who knows their mental state and agenda

but its hard to deny that they are key piece to ufology

without them they would not be any type of credibility

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

No proof?

People have and are regularly PUT TO DEATH based on less evidence than is available to support UFO visitation.

The circumstantial evidence, together with thousands of high profile and highly credible witness testimony, from every professional walk of life, on every continent of our planet, and millions of the general public's testimony is overwhelming.

Add the anecdotal evidence of 15-20,000 year old artworks depicting ET's and UFOs, and 6-10,000 year old written records explaining precisely and in minute detail, of ET visitation, interaction and ultimately warfare amongst them, with humans taking one side or the other.

There is so much information and historical evidence long before the 'film' age, and the 20th century, it is mind boggling.

Most people imagine Ufology and sightings are a relatively recent thing, something that only really started towards the middle of the last century...nothing could be further from the truth.

If anything, it appears there was a much deeper interaction between our species and other off world, or inter-dimensional species many thousands of years ago, than there is reported now.

It's all there to research, provided you are willing to remain open minded, and put in enough time and effort into it.

Don't expect to be handed everything you wish to know on a platter, it doesn't work like that. You have to do the research, then slowly, over time you'll realize what is your own truth of the matter, one way or the other.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Debunk
verb (used with object)
to expose or excoriate (a claim, assertion, sentiment, etc.) as being pretentious, false, or exaggerated

How does that make me a scourge on humanity. You should be ashamed of yourself you have basicly come on hear and insulted me for seeking the truth. How dose that make me anything like a pedo.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

This entire thread is just so you can bash us sceptics and debunkers.

no, this thread is not about bashing skeptics or debunkers.

this thread is about how skeptics and debunkers are bashing the best of the best and the most credible among us whom i allegedly share more than 99.7% of the same dna with.

The inconvenient truth is ATS NEEDS! us debunkers and sceptics otherwise everyone one would be buying into every thread that’s on here.

no, ATSers do not need skeptics and debunkers who only are skeptics and debunkers because they can dismiss people of high prestige as liars, for whatever reason.

How can you “deny ignorance” without a debunker or sceptic like me to give an alternative view or prove your theory to be wrong.

how ignorant is it to not believe astronauts testifying under oath to the united nations? you are not a skeptic of the ufo phenomenon. you are a skeptic of the integrity of people.

How can you “deny ignorance” without a debunker or sceptic like me to give an alternative view or prove your theory to be wrong.

my theory is simply:

DENY THIS:

how IGNORANT

would i "really"

have to be

in order to IGNORE

ASTRONAUTS

Testifying Under

OATH to the

United Nations ???

my theory is simply:

DENY THIS: how IGNORANT would i "really" have to be in order to IGNORE ASTRONAUTS Testifying Under OATH to the United Nations ???

How IGNORANT would this OP have to be in order to IGNORE astronauts testifying under oath to the united nations?

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Yes I do consider astronauts to be credible - if we're to assume they've not been coerced into lying, there could be a myriad of reasons for this.

Do I consider the majority of sightings and youtube presented here to be credible?

Does this make me a misinformation agent? Go through my posts and see how many threads I've challenged with disbelief or asked for me evidence, proof or even proof of research that are now residing in the Hoax forum.

I do believe in aliens, I don't believe we've seen evidence of them yet. We have strong suggestions of contact, ancient drawings etc, some strong testimonies by reliable witnesses, but still no decent photographic or video proof.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Q: Skeptics & Debunkers must be Misinformation Agents. What other explanation exists?

A: There is a little known parapsychological discovery called the sheep-goat effect. In a nut-shell, people who believe in psychic/spiritual abilities are 'sheep'. Skeptics and debunkers are 'goats'. Using psychological screening, an experimenter can predict the outcome of a parapsychological experiment. 'Sheep' will tend to score significantly above chance, and 'goats' will tend to score significantly below chance.

"The only way I've ever been able to understand it is to think that the goats occasionally used ESP, but on an unconscious level, to know what the next card was and then their unconscious, acting in the service of their conscious belief system, influenced them to call anything but the correct one. The goats used a "miracle" to support their belief that there were no such things as miracles….
Talk about living in samsara, in a state of illusion!"
-Charles Tart

So to put it in terms that a Star Wars fan would enjoy, skeptics and debunkers have been seduced by the goat side of the Force. :p

So, continuing with the Star Wars metaphor, manifestations of the Force occur against a non-local background of supporting and opposing motivation and psychic influence due to the extreme polarization of attitudes toward psi in the population. The inverted psi of goats has the minds of debunkers by the balls. They are not agents, but slaves.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Student X]

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Student X]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown

Debunk
verb (used with object)
to expose or excoriate (a claim, assertion, sentiment, etc.) as being pretentious, false, or exaggerated

How does that make me a scourge on humanity. You should be ashamed of yourself you have basicly come on hear and insulted me for seeking the truth. How dose that make me anything like a pedo.

Wrong... A debunker is someone who will put down any kind of truth or argument to justify their own agenda.... I didnt say your a debunker, u DID, i claim your a skeptic but you should choose your own tag more carefully as yea debunkers are as bad as pedo's.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

well, you need to understand that we dont live in a perfect world

so, you cant accept every testimony as truth

some people just want to create chaos and death

our brain is tricky, so, its not because you saw an alien that mean the alien was actually there

this is just like the bible my friend: just because they saw flying crosses, that doesnt mean they were flying crosses, its all about perspective and its all about what you know

so I disagree with u that testimony could be considered proof; they are a good step, but you cant prove with that, not UFOs, for the motive I just gave above: ITS ALL ABOUT PERSPECTIVE and CURRENT BELIEFS

reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

LOL, how ignorant would we all we if we ignore Obama that says the US economy is fine, that Iran is the enemy, the oil spill is fine

how ignorant would we all we if we ignore big media corporation that seem to not have any news to inform us about the oil spill

man, its not because they are astronauts that mean they are perfect ... but I agree its hard to say its fake, but you cant prove with it either ... simply because UFO is a fringe area, an area that involves your CURRENT BELIEFS, MENTAL STATE, and PERSPECTIVE

[edit on 11/7/10 by Faiol]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Dogmas.
Conditioning.
History.

Those three elements keeps certain people un-evolved. It's as simple as that.

And as long as their collective 'leaders' of religion, science, governments and institutions don't acknowledge this paradigm then......it doesn't exist.

Really quite pathetic so..... feel sorry for them. Don't get angry.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

"So you wouldnt accept the govenrment agents testimony then?

Kettle, black, pot dude! "

I accept ANY testimony...

THAT DOES NOT MEAN PROOF THOUGH!

Let me hit you with one of your own stupid examples...(withought using raping your grandma as an example) very low class might I add.

If I ran around this site telling people that I met you(and lets say I was a 'govt agent'), and that you actually looked like the freak in your avatar, does that make what I say proof?

Of course not. JUST ANOTHER STORY.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
It is truly sad to see that there are people out there that want to prevent something amazing like UFOs & Disclosure, and that they are failing miserably, and we will all find out who these people are. imagine there embarrassment when the moment of truth will come out, Imagine how they will feel that they have betrayed and delayed humanity of it rightfully evolution process.

Now Imagine our victory and pleasures of reuniting with our brother and sisters from space at a higher dimension of existence and leaving behind those sad little corrupted people that don't understand that THEY are being tested and have failed miserably.

We have learned so much about UFOs in the last 10 years that it must be terrifying for the cabal government, and the learning keeps on accelerating.

We are 7 billion strong! we have 100+ species of ETs x thousands of them all around earth interacting with us! they are 100 if not thousand of years ahead of us technologically... now seriously how do you want to keep THAT a secret?.. you cant!!!

Disclosure is going to happen soon....very very soon

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

And what evidence does Major Gordon Cooper bring to the table?

Days worth of testimony to the leaders of all nations while under oath to addressing the united nations based upon experiences with ufos in space following decades worth of proffesional training & experiences.

what does traditionaldrummer bring to the table?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I think Esoteric Teacher is upset for getting his butt kicked in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

... and is lashing out in the only way he knows how!

ET... Get over it man! Sheesh!

Your belief system must be very fragile if you don't have the intestinal fortitude to withstand an alternate point of view.

IRM

link   
no skeptics are just willing to take what the government dishes out. The government says there is no area 51, they believe them( even though now we all know better thanks to satalite images.) The government says there is no aliens, they believe it. Government says UFO's are wheather balloons they believe it.... WHY? Because they are to lazy to ask why, they are to lazy to research what they dont understand. doesnt make them misinformation agents but you never know!

link   

You’ve based that one what, I regard myself as someone who is naturally sceptical of conspiracies as such I debunk them in order to establish the truth. That is my stance it does not make me a anything like as evil as a paedophile think about the at word and what it means when you go around comparing me to one for searching for the truth.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good

"So you wouldnt accept the govenrment agents testimony then?

Kettle, black, pot dude! "

I accept ANY testimony...

THAT DOES NOT MEAN PROOF THOUGH!

Let me hit you with one of your own stupid examples...(withought using raping your grandma as an example) very low class might I add.

If I ran around this site telling people that I met you(and lets say I was a 'govt agent'), and that you actually looked like the freak in your avatar, does that make what I say proof?

Of course not. JUST ANOTHER STORY.

Of course not.... But your not a credible govenrment employee who is on the stand in front of the world.
But those space hoppers from nasa are.... But that is not good enough for you is it? But old jimbo sloth who poked grandma is good enough to be put to death on testimonly isnt it?

Case rested!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Some photos of UFO are fake or are chinese lanterns and such. Some are craft from other dimensions. Some are alien craft from other planets. Some craft are crafts that have been developed on earth by the military complex.

I can't get my head round why this is soo difficult to accept.

UFO's have been visiting earth for thousands, probably millions or even billions of years.

Ex minister of defence and vice president of Canada, is he lieing?- www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

And what evidence does Major Gordon Cooper bring to the table?

Days worth of testimony to the leaders of all nations while under oath to addressing the united nations based upon experiences with ufos in space following decades worth of proffesional training & experiences.

what does traditionaldrummer bring to the table?

So he brings his belief to the table and testifies to his belief. It still is not evidence of anything except what goes through his mind.

I bring critical thinking skills to the table. It's something you could benefit from if you took the time to learn about it and exercise it. Perhaps it could save you from labeling thinking people "agents" because they don't share your beliefs.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join