It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO’s From the Future!... Literally!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Anyone else agree or want to add anything to this idea could what we think are UFO’s really be humans from a distant future who have mastered time travel and seek to observe their past and our present?

I was thinking about something similar to this the other day...

If we are to accept time travel could be a possibility, Then this opens all sorts of possibilities. Not only could humans from the future come back and visit us, But how about this...........An ET civilisation 100 light years from Earth could be able to go back 100 years in time in their flying saucer, then set their course for Earth and at the speed of light, And then go forward in time 100 years to find they have travelled 100 light years to our planet instantly.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
No craft can move at the speed of light except Millennium Falcon.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
UFO's being our own species visiting from the future doesn't exactly fly with me. If I could travel back through time there are a lot of events that I would like to witness. The 1800's earthquake in San Francisco, the massive super volcano eruption that may have caused the ice age the year without summer and things of that nature. Lets face it, we humans like adventure, we wouldn't travel through time to get a look at some city, we would want some action, something to talk about. If we were traveling from the future then the sky around the destruction of the twin towers would have been full of UFO's.

Another reason that we would want to travel backward in time would to live in a different era. I personally would love to live in a time before man. I would love to live in a world filled with prehistoric beasts. There is no evidence that humans lived in the time of the dinosaurs although that could someday be found.

Don't get me wrong, I believe that time travel is possible and I believe that aliens could possibly be here but time traveling UFO's doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Of coarse this is only my opinion.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
My view on this is that if one can accept that our science could change to allow for the possibility of time travel, which i think it could as science changes with new discoveries, then it is possible. With that in mind it is reasonable to assume that UFO’s could be time machines form the future.

The irony here is that i am a massive sceptic when it comes to UFO’s, this thread is just a example of my overactive imagination however i do think it could be possible.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I would like to add a little something extra to my previous post. This may seem a little far fetched but you can research it on the internet. Years ago, human footprints were found fossilized in stone in the Peluxy river in Texas. This find cause a lot of commotion for two reasons. One reason is because the footprints were about eighteen inches long and the second is because they were found in the same mud/stone as dinosaur footprints.

Evolutionists have always stated that the footprints were created when a dinosaur stepped into the track of a dinosaur. This created the human like footprints. Since sauropods like the brachiosaurus had a round, elephant like foot this could be true but it would not leave the prints of toes that are in the fossils. Theropod dinosaurs could produce the toes since they have three distinct toes but they would not make a human like footprint. Combine that with the fact that the dinosaur must have been very talented to be able to leave a trail and not just one print and this explanation is invalid.

Creationists, naturally have come to the conclusion that man was around in the time of the dinosaurs. They do not attempt to explain the size of the print.

Since man is defiantly changing through time, I could assume that the footprints are actually those of a time traveler. My grandfather was around 5'5 tall, my dad was 5'11, I am 6'3 my brother is also 6'3 and his son is 7'6" tall. We are getting larger with each generation. Maybe the person who made the footprints in the pulexy river in the days of the dinosaur was someone not yet born who, like me, would prefer to live in an age before man.

This is all speculation but it is an interesting idea.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by ChicUFO]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ChicUFO

Yeah that’s very interesting I recall hearing something about the footprint your talking about. Thanks for the info.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
Anyone else agree or want to add anything to this idea could what we think are UFO’s really be humans from a distant future who have mastered time travel and seek to observe their past and our present?

Hi kevinunknown, regarding your remark above, I thought that you find this perhaps interesting.

It has to do with the famous Rendlesham Forest UFO case.

I once listen to a very interesting interview with “Larry Warren & Peter Robinson by Jeff Rense.” 12-11-03 that deals with their UFO encounter in one of Great Britain's most significant Military-UFO incidents and what happened at Rendlesham Forest in Suffolk.

On a moment at 01.03.25 [counter not visible in this player] Larry Warren says something amazing, he said and I quote,

Jim Penniston had communication with that phenomena, he,he, he, it spoke to him, through that [landed] craft when he touched it.

Now I hope they deal with that in the show,

“but it said, they are from the future, and it sounds crazy, but basic they said, we are you, you know 5½ million years from the future.”

I hope they deal with this.

How do you like that?

Could this really be true, I really don’t know.

For those interested in the whole interview is here the link.

media.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

Wow thanks for that found it very interesting. I am familiar with the UFO incident you were talking about but not that testimony.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
All life is comprised of the same cosmic soup, therefore, as far as creaturehood ANYWHERE goes, we are all just mutated variations of one another.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
If someone from the crew who witnessed the Rendlesham incident claimed that alien vehicle was from the future, it would take some credibility off the entire case. How could they know something like that.. The aliens told them because they're so cool?

When that person said "they're from the future" he meant they're far more civilized/developed as species than us. But I guess you can interpret it as 'they come from the future with time machines' - if you want.

Didn't the creationists think dinosaurs were here six thousand years ago, and not that man was here when the dinosaurs were here millions of years ago?

Now you do realize how wild it sounds to claim that footprint was made by a human who'd come visit the dinosaurs with a time machine?

It's hard to think humans would survive the hunting dinosaurs. They'd constantly need to defend themselves with spears and that would leave marks on the dinosaur fossiles.

However, it would make sense for a humanoid having been larger during the time of the dinosaurs.. everything was bigger those days as there was less oxygen in the air and you needed bigger lungs, or whatever the reason was.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Jonas86]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Jonas86

That’s a interesting point. I was going to suggest that it may be the case that they are travailing through time to make slight alterations to word events to build a future of perpetual peace.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
The whole thought-play of time travel and the possible chain effects of manipulating events from the past, how it changes the future, is quite challenging.

For example, you went the the past with the time machine, and manipulated events so you were not born, or the time machine was not built, and then went back to the future. What then?...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Nice Thread. I do believe that some of the so called UFO are just government projects classified as TOP SECRET.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I know somebody already posted about this but I don't think they explained it very well.

I also think that we have been somewhat 'planted' here by some form of 'alien'. I do not believe in 'God' I believe that thousands of years ago when Aliens came and visited us we had no explanation of what these flying things from the sky could be and than BAM we get tales of 'gods coming out of the sky'
It makes so much sense that ancient aliens were mistaken as 'gods', if we went back a few thousand years landed on the ground in a plane and pulled out an iphone or something we would seem like some godly creature who could fly and do all of these seemingly impossible things.
The same stories are written all over the world and I believe that it is because aliens visited the than civilisations and helped us out a little and the humans of that time had no way (let alone words) to describe the events that were taking place other than 'gods coming from the sky' and being able to perfrom some craaaazy magic.

Butttttt what exactly were these Aliens? well this is where I agree with you, perhaps it was us from the future who helped us get started, haha begs the question of how the hell we were 'made' in the first place though but eh...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

My higher physics teacher once tried to explain time travel to me and my head almost melted, that was some years ago but i still don’t fully understand any of the physics behind it. I am not really sure if time travel is theoretically possible but the point is that a couple of 1000 of years in the future most of what we know now may be proved to be untrue and time travel could be possible.

Time travel to the FUTURE is already possible, all it would take is a lot of trillions of dollars to build a space ship big enough to be able to carry enough of our "conventional" energy to fly for 6 years, but we are too busy fighting priceless wars nowadays, aren't we?

So exploring space, time-travelling etc. is secondary...

That said, we do have the technology and with such a ship, it would take 1 week to leave the solar system, then 2 years to reach half the speed of light, in total 6 years from leaving Earth to reach 99.99% of te speed of light, with propulsion technology we already have now.

At the top speed that would translate as 1 day or year (I don't recall which one is correct but you get the idea) spent travelling on the ship being equivalent to 100 years on Earth, so when they return after just a few years time, they would be in the future on Earth.

The big problem though is: no one knows how to do it the other way round (i.e. travelling to the past) so when you leave, you never come back home...

Well nobody does yet, so maybe that's why the "aliens" which may well be us from the future are so discreet when coming back, despite all the junk we are able to send them in our future...

Fascinating, though I agree, a real pain in the brain.

I wish I could live long enough to see how all this stuff is going to develop, aren't we all?

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
reply to post by Son of Will

Son of Will

Interesting point you make about altering reality - I made the same point in a more simple fashion earlier in this thread !?

However - you forget one simple thing - What if our viewing of them and their time / space / UFO ships of us really did happen.... ie.. we were meant to, as part of the real history, witness these UFO's..... your idea does not stack up then.. ? This is a great example of how comlicated this all gets and the sheer number of eventualities if enough to short circuit any mind...

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

Thanksfor the reply. While this coffee is still hot let me try to dish out my thoughts =)

Your idea is what I was trying to articulate - roughly - towards the end -

Now take UFOs. The very fact that we observe them means that they would be changing their own present in chaotic ways that could undo their own existence. Because in their reality, their past never experienced time travelers or UFOs presumably. Unless you're arguing that they are coming back merely to self-fulfill the UFOs of their days. Which is just weird.

For this to be the case, every UFO sighting in our history would have to be fulfilled by us in our future, coming back - to us.

Now the coffee was thinking a bit for me, and came up with the idea that maybe all these UFO sightings are us, in perhaps 1000 years, testing some brand new technology. Maybe we look a bit different then. Maybe our test pilots are genetically engineered to withstand G-forces and overall survivability. And maybe this new technology has the tendency to make errors, blasting them into the past, presenting us with our UFOs. Coming full circle.

But, the UFO phenomenon is far more vast than a few sightings of lights in the sky. There is a great deal of interference going on. For thousands of years, all throughout history, there has been face-to-face interaction. Wisdom and information given, civilizations jump-started. All the ancient traditions of tribal cultures, sometimes with no discretion, right out in the open.

Doesn't really sound like future us's accidentally bending time/space the wrong way and ending up in 1922 instead of 2466. Sounds like there is a clear and consistent legacy of interference. Time travelers causing this kind of massive turbulence through the timeline simply could not end up bringing about the circumstances that allowed these time travelers to make the journey in the first place - unless they HAVE to cause SPECIFIC ripples in the time-line as some kind of imperative - and if they fail then they cease to exist? This is some great thought material.

What if these ETs are more 'potential' creations in some kind of quantum universe where they haven't cohered completely. They exist in their own kind of collective unconscious, perhaps as a potential creation in a thousand years from now. Maybe in order to fully cohere their quantum superpositioned potential existence into a real physical existence, they must reach back in time to cause certain events to unfold to bring this about?

Is that similar to the Noosphere you're talking about? My problem with that theory, is that these ETs and UFOs have *real* technology that has crashed. Those are real nuts and bolts (figuratively), and somebody built them somewhere. If they don't yet exist in the future then they couldn't have been built there.

Ultimately I'm quite convinced that every answer we possibly put forth will be utterly meaningless without a much clearer understanding of both spirituality and physics. Ideally the two could be merged at some point, and I have a hunch that this has been achieved, perhaps accidentally, decades ago.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I couldn't bother reading this whole thread so if i'm being redundant, i apologize in advance, just wanted to put my two cents in:

I think the most relevant issue at hand for this topic is the sighting of UFOs before recorded flight, as in the renaissance/native american paintings. to me, obviously a sceptic would just write these off as astrological/weather phenomena, but when you see a painting like this:
www.crystalinks.com...

You have to say to yourself that either, among other things, some UFOs have to be either time traveling humans or ETs.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I do find this theory very appealing, particularly when you look at old religious artwork and descriptions in ancient religious texts.

Time travel is only really impossible according to our current theories in physics. However, physics doesn't have a grand theory yet and we have MASSIVE gaps in our understanding of even some of the most fundamental things in the universe. To say it is impossible is pretty ignorant when you don't know everything.

The only thing that I'm hesitant about is the idea that the military is years or decades (or even more) ahead of the technology we know about. For the better current ufos this is all that is needed to explain them. But that is only a small chunk of the story.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Just throwing this out there... I dont know, of any situation in physics which allows for localised fluctuation of the space time continuum, without some calamity occuring like a black hole, or some star just exploding,or throwing off masses of energy. If UFO are from the future, then perhaps we are witnessing something from the end of human or at least earth history... seems to me that theres a good chance that IF we are seeing the future, its less likely to be because the UFO are controling that, and more likely to be because some drastic event in the future could damage the seperation between this time, and the time of the event.
Even more staggeringly worrying, and now I think about it , utterly in keeping with the way we use power and energy ... The UFOs arent here at all , we are just seeing them because thier exhaust errodes the space time continuum to the point where you get bleed out between time streams, giving us a veiw every now and again of the future .

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

this is a very interesting take on this, if in the future time and space ceased to exist, then reality as we know it would not exist. Terence McKenna had a very interesting theory as far as 2012 and the Mayan calendar, what if it's not really the end of the world, just something that is so drastic that it changes our perception of reality, possibly the discovery of time travel, in that case, just how some people believe in residual hauntings, could it then be possible for us to see something residual from the future?? just a thought!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join