It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO’s From the Future!... Literally!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Ah yeah good point never looked at it like that. Do you think though that it could be that some or all UFO’s are in fact human time machines?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Kevin, was my post a little too off-the-wall for you? I notice you have passed it by, so I was wondering.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
It breaks the rules of cause and effect on a fundamental level. Imagine giving a speech. You might speak about 1000 words. You'll probably make hundreds of hand gestures or facial movements, each word will be intoned a specific way. Everything that happens during that speech, will have happened afterwards.

If you go back in time to even observe the act, something might be changed. A momentary pause might occur in the speech that wasn't there the first time. This slight delay will make that future time traveler displaced in time by a certain amount. Things will be different. The initial act of time-traveling will have been displaced. This could cause further changes in the speech, causing yet more displacement. Eventually the time-traveler might not exist at all. This could be inevitable, mathematically speaking. But it's really giving me a headache and I'm going to stop now.

Now take UFOs. The very fact that we observe them means that they would be changing their own present in chaotic ways that could undo their own existence. Because in their reality, their past never experienced time travelers or UFOs presumably. Unless you're arguing that they are coming back merely to self-fulfill the UFOs of their days. Which is just weird.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
reply to post by Signals

Ah yeah good point never looked at it like that. Do you think though that it could be that some or all UFO’s are in fact human time machines?

Me personally, no. At least not from this current level of technology. We are destined to destroy ourselves it seems, so I doubt we will get it together and stop killing each other long enough to make deep space travel (time travel) a reality. Maybe after the next extinction level event, we rebuild, start over, then a few thousand years later, maybe...

It's also tough to get over the paradoxes of traveling back in time, parallel universes and whatnot....Time travel to the future is REAL and happens every time we send up an astronaut. People spending long periods of time on the ISS are time travelers, albeit a few fractions of a second when they come back to Earth. But it can be done.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Student X

Sorry but i was avoiding it because i think it is utter rubbish and didn’t want my thread to turn into a debate about whether UFO’s, angles and demons are all connected and we much from a collective conscious.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

reply to post by Faiol

I can’t that’s the honest answer this is just a hypothesis. The point is we don’t know what humanity might achieve in the next 1000 or so years, it could be that time travel is possible in the future and what we think are UFO’s are actually human time machines. It’s no more stranger than saying its little green men in space ships from the far edge of the universe.

yes it is stranger

I watched a lot of documentaries about it and our actual physics allows time travel to the past, but it would need infinite energy and you would be destroyed if you did that

the other problem is that, if time travel to the past is allowed, how in the hell would the universe actually work ? we would not be able to be real, since, if somebody did go back in time, they would actually change the atoms order in the universe, so, it would be a different universe, but then again, if the changes the traveler did cause his father's death, how the heck would that work out for him?

so, these are so many holes in the time travel to the past theory, that you need to be crazy to consider right now ...

the only theory that makes sense, that would make time travel to the past work, is that we all are AI, we all are part of a computer system that records everything, so it can replicate itself with historic data and provide an unique experience to the traveler, but even then, why would the system support time travel to the past ... it doesnt make sense

[edit on 11/7/10 by Faiol]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

agreed

perfect son

it just doesnt make sense at all to consider time travel to the past, I just find amazing how many people actually buy into that stuff

yes, it is very COOL, but to actually try to apply in an idea of reality, its just nonsense

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Sorry but i was avoiding it because i think it is utter rubbish and didn’t want my thread to turn into a debate about whether UFO’s, angles and demons are all connected and we much from a collective conscious.

That's what I thought.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but if you don't see the psychic aspect of the UFO phenomenon then you aren't looking very closely. And if there is a psychic component, then there is the possibility of retro-causation. Do you grok?

Are you familiar with Carl Jung and his work on UFOs and parapsychology?

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Student X]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

When i done physics some years ago at school we our teacher was obsessed with time travel and gave us a lesson on it. He basically said what you said that you can go back it time but only to observe if you achieve a speed above the speed of light however this cannot be done because do to so would turn the object into pure energy. He did go on to some other stuff looking at string theory and some other stuff about how time might be like a line and it could be possible to manipulate the line. Really i can’t remember the specifics and other than it was very complex. Our current understandings say time travel to the past is effectively impossible but how do we know that in the next 1000 years we won’t have changed that.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

In light of the topic, I can agree with that idea - just think of a civilization lasting a few thousand years longer than we have, minus a dark age, coming back to see the pivotal moments in a far gone part of history to figure out where all the skeletons and ruins found under hundreds of feet of dirt and sediment came from.

Sounds kind of like us at this moment in our time, minus the hypothetical time machines.

- Fry

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I am sorry to tell you this but other than my religion i don’t believe in anything paranormal (and i personally would not call that paranormal) that includes the idea that UFO’s are connected with “gods” or that we have a collective conscious. Sorry just not my thing.

Thanks for posting though nice to get other peopls ideas

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

You said:

Our current understandings say time travel to the past is effectively impossible but how do we know that in the next 1000 years we won’t have changed that.

Or....it could be the next 50 years, or the next 75 years if we could stay focused and spend some time and money on it.........

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I am sorry to tell you this but other than my religion i don’t believe in anything paranormal (and i personally would not call that paranormal) that includes the idea that UFO’s are connected with “gods” or that we have a collective conscious. Sorry just not my thing.

Hm. As an expert in comparative mythology, comparative religion, comparative mysticism, and UFOs I find your statement to be deeply puzzling. Which religion are you? Surely it has a variation of the mana archetype (the "paranormal").

I mean I don't want to make you uncomfortable and if you don't want to talk about your religion that's cool. But I sense a deep flaw in your ideas about religion and the paranormal and so I just want to help.

Thanks for posting though nice to get other peopls ideas

YW.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Student X]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Sorry but I don’t want my thread to turn into a debate about the paranormal because I don’t really believe any of it. I don’t really care if you are a expert, everyone on ATS will claim to be a expert in something at some point doesn’t really mean anything.

If you have a thread on this specifically link me to it and I’ll have a look.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Sorry but I don’t want my thread to turn into a debate about the paranormal because I don’t really believe any of it. I don’t really care if you are a expert, everyone on ATS will claim to be a expert in something at some point doesn’t really mean anything.

If you have a thread on this specifically link me to it and I’ll have a look.

OK I will respect your wishes and I will let you know if and when I make a thread on this specifically.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
In my personal experience (and lack of understanding) I do believe they all (at minimum) reside in a parallel dimension to ours and, there's not just one standard, typical visitor. There are many.

I think some are indeed from other star-systems.

Then I believe many are from our past (the ones who helped genetically 'create' our bodies).

And some are from the future which, I personally cannot wrap my head around.

You see, we all started out at the same time. There was a beginning. We're all equal. We're all one but we (humans) are simply an experiment (and creation of many different light energy-expressions) who were purposefully tweaked to forget!

So now, our 'everything' is radically different from theirs. That much I believe is very true and that's what's making us stuck on understanding.

Our limited use of our 3-dimensions for instance, is not even fully incorporated therefore not even used to its fullest degree.
We should all, at minimumt be telepathic and.............aren't!
(The advent of 'language' helped to stifle that)

Our concept of time (4th dimension) is so misunderstood it keeps us stuck in this linear existence!

Our understanding of where we came from, our purpose and where we go afterwards is extremely inferior to theirs.

So until we figure out OUR basic fundamental existence, we'll never be able to even START to understand theirs.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

Son of Will

Interesting point you make about altering reality - I made the same point in a more simple fashion earlier in this thread !?

However - you forget one simple thing - What if our viewing of them and their time / space / UFO ships of us really did happen.... ie.. we were meant to, as part of the real history, witness these UFO's..... your idea does not stack up then.. ? This is a great example of how comlicated this all gets and the sheer number of eventualities if enough to short circuit any mind...

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Student X

The ' Noosphere' is a little like the idea of the original Matrix film I think..? is it ??

If so, what your saying could be true and that these electrical impulses of viewing an object could be seen as being part of a universal conciousness or programming...... This is a little off what the initial topic was debating but probably deserves it's own discussion as mentioned already...

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by One Moment

You just made some really good points. Could you elaborate on what you meant form saying they may be from our past? Thanks

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I keep thinking about this theory too. It's mind-boggling. But I think a lot of stuff would be different if we were constantly able to change our past. And I don't really believe in time travel. How could you be, before you're born. And I don't think humanity will survive long enough to make such luxury technology possible. We're all gone in a couple of centuries, I'm sorry. We're not capable of making and maintaining laws which would allow our nature to persist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join