It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Apollo-gee) The Moon See the Earth through the Sun

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I am about to show you something you won't believe, that could possibly change how you see everything in your life that is your future, your past and your present.

I have no idea what the implications of this are, only that I might have to be rethinking my position on "man" having set foot on the moon and if so, owe many here an Apollo-g.

Neil Armstrong challenged us to "Peel back one truths protective layers" and that is what I have done and have put my findings into a short movie I just finished.

I find it only fitting to list some of Neil Armstrongs quotes here, so that, you might ponder them with this new information brought to light.

Geologists have a saying - rocks remember.
Neil Armstrong

I put up my thumb and it blotted out the planet Earth.
Neil Armstrong

In much of society, research means to investigate something you do not know or understand.
Neil Armstrong

Mystery creates wonder and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand.
Neil Armstrong

Science has not yet mastered prophecy. We predict too much for the next year and yet far too little for the next 10.
Neil Armstrong

Research is creating new knowledge.
Neil Armstrong

I think we're going to the moon because it's in the nature of the human being to face challenges. It's by the nature of his deep inner soul... we're required to do these things just as salmon swim upstream.
Neil Armstrong

This last quote is from John Glenn and I think it says something for today.

This is a day we have managed to avoid for a quarter of a century.
John Glenn

Your view changes now...

All of the maps I've used are pulled directly from NASA. I've done no altering to the sizes nor re-arranging of the maps configurations. They are composited just the way I received them and you can do the same thing.

Do it because the images are high resolution and you can zoom in to verify details. Look at where the major cities are. Look at where the rivers run.....LOOOK.

Please for yourselves, go to the site and download these maps and have a go, because though you see it, I have no idea what the implication is. Simply, How could this be?

I've always thought the moon looked like Ashes...Nevertheless.

Today is a new day.

The link is NASA Earth images

Peace,

Ltru

[edit on 11-7-2010 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
man i didnt understand what you want to show

still...you are a very cool filmmaker IMO..better luck next film

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
thats pretty cool but i dont think it quite matches up so well myself

and what do you think are the implications of this if they do match up? just wondering about your view

[edit on 11-7-2010 by TheNewKid]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Excellent editing, the video was enjoyable to watch though the flashing would have sent an epileptic screaming.

I -think- I get the gist of what you are saying, but a little bit of a nudge would be appreciated, none the less.

- Fry

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
where can i get those pics to zoom in myself?? id love to dig deeper into this too.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheNewKid
thats pretty cool but i dont think it quite matches up so well myself

and what do you think are the implications of this if they do match up? just wondering about your view

[edit on 11-7-2010 by TheNewKid]

I understand. Try to pop the video out. It should be HD, so you won't loose resolution.

What could the implications be?

I can only arrive at one...."Beautiful Desolation"...Buzz Aldrin

Peace

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
man i didnt understand what you want to show

still...you are a very cool filmmaker IMO..better luck next film

Thanks for looking. Peace

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

For the love of Pete, don't be so cryptic and just share what you think!

Regardless of how off the wall it may sound, just say it - you've obviously put a lot of effort into what you are doing.

Just tell us so that we don't have to sit here in suspense, please!

- Fry

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by pryed -eyed-one
where can i get those pics to zoom in myself?? id love to dig deeper into this too.

I posted a link in the op. Please do zoom in. Check out where Washington D.C. is at or Yellowstone. You can still see the nile river though where the pyramids were is blown away huge.

Good luck

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fryaga

For the love of Pete, don't be so cryptic and just share what you think!

Regardless of how off the wall it may sound, just say it - you've obviously put a lot of effort into what you are doing.

Just tell us so that we don't have to sit here in suspense, please!

- Fry

Man I don't know what to think...Honestly. I had been thinking about this because I model 3D and been doing a bunch of tests with the earth. When I went to do the moon and got to look at it from all sides, I noticed that parts of it looked familiar.

I only discovered what I'm showing you tonight. I over laid a "light" map of the world over a moon difuse map and I almost fainted when I saw the east coast of the U.S. line up perfectly with the Mares. Then I started looking closer and details that in no way could match did.

I'm stumped, not trying to be cryptic. I just want people to either see it or not without any outside help.

Simply. The Moon and The Earth are the same thing.

Peace

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Man, you've got some silky skills in video production! Very professional feel to the presentation. You missed a ? from your closing question, but who cares? Cool video.

Is your intention to show the Moon is inhabited on a grand scale? If so, the decades of amateur astronomers who've been studying Aristarchus might take exception. The thousands of Moon images from Russia, India, Europe etc would also dispute the suggestion.

Or am I missing the point? Are you saying that the Lunar maria are reflections of Earth's continents?

S&F for the video.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Thank you.

I'm not familiar with 3D modeling in the least bit, so to undertake the task would be nigh impossible for me due to lack of programs, knowledge, and willpower to learn at my old age...though I wish otherwise.

I was way off on what I thought you were implying with the video, I wasn't sure if you were saying that the Moon was once an earth-type planet that had lost its atmosphere...or something I obviously didn't catch.

After watching the video a few times, I can kind of see what you are getting at - I wish I could look at it the way you have, I imagine it's a lot easier to grasp with it sitting in front of you instead of just watching a video.

- Fry

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
OK, I'm trying to understand this. The moons maria or seas(wide crater expanse) is simular to our seas on earth in shape. Just as our seas shape our continents the moons maria shape "continents" which appear simular to earth land masses. Have I got it? Didn't seem to me the the light map was an exact replica of the moon mass it was laid over but it does seem to be close. Great job on the video!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Ok first....the video was good, very suspenseful and held my attention through the whole thing.
second...Are you suggesting the moon is "mirroring" the earth in some way? Its late over here and Im ready to go to bed but now I can't because you have the gears spinning in my head.

I'm all ears, what next?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I tested this theory now for over an hour with 3 8k maps from earth and moon. And I found absolute...

For such an editing talent - waste of time. better make some art.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by cushycrux]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Man, you've got some silky skills in video production! Very professional feel to the presentation. You missed a ? from your closing question, but who cares? Cool video.

Is your intention to show the Moon is inhabited on a grand scale? If so, the decades of amateur astronomers who've been studying Aristarchus might take exception. The thousands of Moon images from Russia, India, Europe etc would also dispute the suggestion.

Or am I missing the point? Are you saying that the Lunar maria are reflections of Earth's continents?

S&F for the video.

Thanks Kandinsky.

This is what I am thinking and it really frightens me.

The earth is hit by something on the pacific side something like this...

This obliterates everything on the western hemisphere which is why it is so hard to make out any of the western features. By the time the blast wave reaches the east coast it only vaporizes the water which is why we have the Mares left as an outline.

I think that movie is a good representation, only I don't know if something hits us or we just pop.

Anyway...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by gem_man
OK, I'm trying to understand this. The moons maria or seas(wide crater expanse) is simular to our seas on earth in shape. Just as our seas shape our continents the moons maria shape "continents" which appear simular to earth land masses. Have I got it? Didn't seem to me the the light map was an exact replica of the moon mass it was laid over but it does seem to be close. Great job on the video!

Thank you. I will try to do some zoomed in stills to give you guys a closer peep.

Peace

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
They don't really aline perfectly or even enough for me to consider it interesting. However, after checking out the other videos on your channel, some do seem interesting. You certainly think outside of the box, that's for sure. Anyway, keep up the good work!

--airspoon

[edit on 11-7-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Here are some maps in case you guys haven't gone to nasa although I would say go there. There maps are way higher in resolution.

For the time being...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/330721c44e81.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is a specular(water reflection and land mask) earth over the moon.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/62e72afb5802.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is a moon map...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7397170a438c.jpg[/atsimg]

Start off with those...I'll get working on some more stuff.

Peace

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I liked the video, editing was good and - my number one complaint about youtube/homemade video - the audio wasn't horrible, ie: no Evanescence - thank you.

I see what you're getting at, but I think it might be wishful thinking.

The specular map clearly doesn't match the two up though.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join