It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Apollo-gee) The Moon See the Earth through the Sun

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Here is a layover of the ocean floors and continents.

Look at the giant crater towards the bottom right hand side of africa. A big lake is there, but look how the waterline follows it around.

Wait till you have a close look at where the oil spill is at.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/36d39ccb0ebd.jpg[/atsimg]

Peace

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Can you post higher-res pictures please or link to photobucket etc.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior

Ok first....the video was good, very suspenseful and held my attention through the whole thing.
second...Are you suggesting the moon is "mirroring" the earth in some way? Its late over here and Im ready to go to bed but now I can't because you have the gears spinning in my head.

I'm all ears, what next?

You said it, but I'm just as stumped as you are. I can't fathom what the implications of this would mean. It does make tether ball make a lot more sense though.

Peace

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jokei

Can you post higher-res pictures please or link to photobucket etc.

Thanks

Yes I can good Idea. Just a sec and I will have the links.

Peace

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Here are the links to my photobucket. Again mind you, you can download 21600 pixel from NASA, but these should definitely get you going.

Moon
Moon Bump
Earth Specular (Water Map)
Earth Bump (Elevation)
Earth Difuse Color
Earth Lights and Ice
Earth Reverse Specular

Peace

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
First, I'll give you big ups for the sound design, nice work.

When I was a kid, as my grandparents house I found very little to do. In fact it was soooo boring, once I laid out a lace table cloth over the carpet. I could find all sorts of things which kinda looked like things. Mountain ranges, a helicopter, a burger with the lot etc.

But in reality, all I was doing was looking for some secondary patterns in the chaos I had created in my own mind.

Good luck on your search though.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Qumulys]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Here's some more detailed scenes....forgive me for no sound. It was a rush job but I think you'll get the ideas.

Things to look at

The giant crater lake in southern africa
The BP Oil Hole....
Hawaii
Capitols....were ever a major one is at, so is a crater...

Just take a look...

Peace

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
First, I'll give you big ups for the sound design, nice work.

When I was a kid, as my grandparents house I found very little to do. In fact it was soooo boring, once I laid out a lace table cloth over the carpet. I could find all sorts of things which kinda looked like things. Mountain ranges, a helicopter, a burger with the lot etc.

But in reality, all I was doing was looking for some secondary patterns in the chaos I had created in my own mind.

Good luck on your search though.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Qumulys]

Thanks for your post. You create everything from your mind....
Recognizing a pattern is the first step to intelligence, it's responding to the pattern that makes music.

Peace

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Why would there be any correlation between the relatively recent topography of earth and the moon?
Studies indicate that the moon is at least as old as Earth, possibly even older.
So if anything a map of Pangaea should align better with the moon than today's maps of earth.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by cushycrux
I tested this theory now for over an hour with 3 8k maps from earth and moon. And I found absolute...

For such an editing talent - waste of time. better make some art.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by cushycrux]

Nothing is a waste of time.

"You know that every time I try to go
Where I really want to be
It's already where I am
'Cause I'm already there"---S.O.A.D.

What exactly were you looking for out of curiosity? I mean I'm not trying to sell this or anything, so I'm just curious as to what would of been the clincher for you?

Anyway, thanks for the post...

Peace

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smack
Why would there be any correlation between the relatively recent topography of earth and the moon?
Studies indicate that the moon is at least as old as Earth, possibly even older.
So if anything a map of Pangaea should align better with the moon than today's maps of earth.

Why would any map of the earth line up to a map of the moon, Pangea or otherwise? What would the implications be of such a conjunction? Would the moon be our past or future and if it be past, what is the sun?

Peace

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
If it hasn't already been mentioned, the moon is less than one quarter the size of earth. There is no alignment without major manipulation of the images.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I don't think it does line up. I don't think you've used the proper scale for one thing.
Good luck with the lunacy.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I do not understand. The Earth is a much larger body than the moon. They are not twins. You are comparing apples and walnuts.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
If it hasn't already been mentioned, the moon is less than one quarter the size of earth. There is no alignment without major manipulation of the images.

If what I'm saying is anywhere near correct, if the earth was a past or future earth, you would have to take a brand new look at things would you not. What makes you think what you used to know would apply anymore?

What would the implications truly be. I'm still trying to figure that out.

Regardless....

You may take the maps I've posted or from the link I've provided from NASA and look for yourself.

Have a look in Google earth. Switch between the moon and earth. Pick a spot on the earth, then switch over to the moon. Only thing is, it will try to jump the second it switches. Check the pyramids. It will be in the same spot it is on my maps...

But really, i've provided links. As I've said in the op, i've done no resizing. I took the maps and laid them over one another that is all.

I've posted two video's now, so I'm fairly certain you will either see it or not.

Either way, thanks for your post.

Peace

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I do not understand. The Earth is a much larger body than the moon. They are not twins. You are comparing apples and walnuts.

Yes, you are correct. If everything you've been educated to believe is true, you wouldn't be able to believe it without questioning everything you know. I need not make up anyone's mind, that's for the individual to perform.

Again, I've provided material and two movies. I'm confident you will be able to make up your mind should you choose to pursue it and if not...Apples and walnuts are good together.

Scales are not only for weighing, scale up and scale down but, don't you forget that super funky sound...

Thanks for your post

Peace

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
You realise that the (supposed) alignment is based on a central point that has no real relevance to any of the astral bodies, they are only man-chosen reference points.

Edit: I forgot to say that your Earth elevation map doesn't account for underwater differences, you turned the oceans into flat ground.

[edit on 11/7/2010 by ArMaP]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Pretty cool, and there are a couple rings-of-cities which match up really well with craters, and it is interesting how nearly-well the black spots match up with the atlantic, but I think you're looking too hard. Remember, the moon is much, much smaller than the earth; something like 1/60th the size, I think?

Cool video, though. You should try it with other mapped bodies, see if you can match up on Mars or Jupiter.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I am still trying to understand what this has to with your title Apollo-gee?

I am really confused what this thread has to do with Apollo at all?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
yea i really find no significant corrilations, there are so many craters on the moon it would b hard not to find some similar patterns, but nothing that i saw was convincing.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join