It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't we all just leave?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I do not believe the US has as much power as people seem to think loose the mdia and the government loose there POWERS.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by E-ville

Where was the one you went to ? i am very curious.

I have been thinking about exactly the same type of community.
I know a few and they all have their own way of doing things.

For example Open Farm was set-up by a few MIT physics drop outs.
Here is the Url of their Wiki:
www.openfarmtech.org...

Its been 2 years (i think, but maybe more) and its going well, but its very early days for them.
They are trying to rebuilt a civilisation from the raw materiel up. It kind of feels like "Sim City" the way they strive ahead and build a bit more each day.

I have to wonder also just how many are completely off the map. Both physical and virtual ones. They don't want to be found.

I also discovered a new term for many of these places that seems to be now getting taken up. Its called "Resilient Community".
You will get allot of many good quality links to real places doing this using this term i find.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
gedw99:

Its called "Resilient Community".

I hope you all realise that these communities are simply temporary respites from the influence of the established societies of the wider-world. They have in their seeding no longevity, and resources are but limited, and in some aspects retain a dependency on the wider-world.

Remember the saying...'no man is a island', the same goes for each community, they are dependent upon each other. If you want to purview communities that have retained a independency from the wider-world, then you can look at the last few remaining lost tribes, but they have established their way of life, their society, over centuries, if not thousands of years, with the wider-world having had little impact upon them. Unless you are willing to be like them, and eschew all the trappings of the modern age to which you are used to, you have very little chance of establishing a community at all. I feel some of you are not thinking things through enough.

I feel that some of you are actually getting carried away with the 'romanticism' of the idea. So let me reiterate what I stated in my earlier post. "All societies (with no exception) are doomed to fail because of the innate nature of man to disagree with himself." In stating this, it is not my meaning to dissuade anyone from seeking actively or proactively to go ahead with beginning anew in some way and means. I am merely highlighting the inevitable demise that follows on the heels of such enterprises.

Even this corporatistic tide sweeping globally around the world is doomed to fail. The NWO is doomed to fail. All their agendas and plans, their ambitions and aspirations all lead to the same halting demise. Yes, they reach a temporary zenith of high expression, but from thereon in it is downhill all the way.

Look at the Founding Fathers of America. They themselves were not unlike you are today. For a brief moment in history, men and women of various cultures came together in agreement of high principle and noble sentiment...but it was but a brief moment. Out of that brevity modern America was born, and throughout America's short history, it has been steered and redirected many times, leading eventually to what it is today...which is a far cry from the high principles and noble sentiments of the Founding Fathers. The American people have become disenfranchised of their country's founding ambitions, and now find themselves living in a society so far removed from the name that America entails, that its modern version is almost alien to them. America is not the land mass, you won't find such a country there. No. America is what is in the hearts and minds of the inhabitants of the land mass. Yet, if the hearts and minds are empty, then the concept of America is nothing more than the shell of a dried out husk of memory.

When the founding fathers and mothers of a newly upraised society die, they take with them the very reasons of its founding, and it is this reason why societies and dynasties ultimately fail. It is how other waves of ideologies compete to take the reins and steer society into a wholly different direction. It is happening to us now as we speak and debate the issue.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Well just like everyone else i have to ask the obvious question, WHERE will we go??? atleast the mayflower set sail to another place.. should we start a space expodition?

also next i must ask HOW will we do it??? if we were to sail to a bit of land or fly it would be impossible to go in a big group we would mst likely go in small bands which would get us all killed or picked off... or if it would be a space expodition would we build a full spaceship and travel to take off???

lastly i think its just as hard as getting the public to revolt then to set up this new civilization...
possibly we could get hackers around the world to spread word of their governments secret agendas and about the elitists behind it.

No matter what action we take it will be difficult to get ourselves out of this deep hole of lies and mind numbing.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
the only problem is this freedom would lead to the very same thing we are all living at this moment...a group would be started...where would you go???...who is going to welcome with open arms a new group/cult if you say...and next how would you protect your new freedom with wars and rage...their guns are bigger than ours...we would be labeled terrorists and squashed like a bug.....so again like you say we will continue to complain and talk but still do nothing because doing something will just land us back in the same spot we are in....

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
The same way you have always seen more than two dimensions. I have
never truly felt at home here. Never have I felt welcome. Although I
could not ask for a better design, to experience this world, than this body
that I have out on loan. Being half way thru it all now, I see that I never
was welcome here. This never has been my home. Thank God.

Randyvs

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

What is absolute freedom? Surely the notion is a contradiction of terms?

If I have total freedom, I can go and kill whomever I wish, but surely my victims, having absolute freedom, have the freedom not to be killed.

Whose absolute freedom is more absolute? Or do they only have the freedom to decide whether to defend themselves or not?

Thing must be bad in the USA, in oz, we just have idiots running the country. Sure they are trying to impose a joke of a carbon tax on us, but that got shot down after climategate (not that it got much coverage in the MSM), and cut back our freedoms, but I'm free to change my life, to extend my education, to earn more money, to make myself more comfortable, to live where I want, work where I want, eat, drink, smoke. As long as I can do these things, I don't care if someone is behind the scenes, pulling the strings.

Anyway, you 'enlightened' types all know physical reality is temporary, so I don't understand why you get so upset. Unless we have a different definition of enlightened.

What do you think will happen if you do successfully cause a revolution? The leaders will end up being corrupt and untrusting and become the very thing they were originally against, just like the catholic church, just like your government has now (or do they so strongly believe in freedom that they are prepared to do the exact opposite to their beliefs to give freedom to others?)

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by IamRoy08

possibly we could get hackers around the world to spread word of their governments secret agendas and about the elitists behind it.

You don't need hackers, you've got the interweb at your disposal. Post some rock solid evidence of such agendas here or on wikileaks, or on facebook or youtube, and boom, it will travel virally.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

I don't know how I missed this thread the past couple of days. I was planning on posting a thread of a near identical topic. I have been asking myself for some time, 'Where is the undiscovered country?'

The Founders placed the cornerstone of freedom on what is essentially the last habitable bit of land where a country could take root. Today, many are attempting to rewrite those ideals to mirror what is already in existence elsewhere. This blows my mind. What they want already exists, but instead of going to get what they are looking for, they want to destroy something unique which cannot be created again elsewhere. This really just equates to a passive invasion.

Originally posted by Blaine91555
My response is, the easy way out is to leave, the right thing to do is stay and fight for change. By fight I don't mean violence. I mean work from within the system to change the system. Yes its hard. Yes it seems impossible. It's only impossible though if everyone gives up and leaves.

Work within to change the system. Those are bittersweet words. On one hand, it is the ideal way. On the other, when the system is set up in a way it cannot be worked in but only controlled from outside, there is nothing more one can do.

We are basically trapped in a car that needs to get someplace, but the gas peddle and steering wheel have been removed.

There is no working within the system. To do so only delays their agenda, exposes our plans and allows them to adjust accordingly, and keeps us too busy to take care of our lives and do the things we need to do. They have all the angles covered.

Originally posted by elysiumfire
From my own personal point of view, I have tried time and time again to find something of hope to cling to, but for hope to succeed, it must have support, overwhelming support, and I cannot envisage hope ever gaining adherents in the rest of my lifetime. Life now is about the quick saitiation of the senses, it is about hedonism and excess, a headlong rush into the cul de sac. If it was just a single nation undergoing this, I would have hope, but it isn't a single nation, it is the global geo-politic.

After much deliberation, I have reached the same conclusion. When the fight is brought unto me, I will stand and fight in the only language those in control understand and speak, other than that, I can only wait for the end and pray that someone/something outside the human quagmire intervenes.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by pscysm

You don't need hackers, you've got the interweb at your
disposal. Post some rock solid evidence of such agendas here or on wikileaks, or on facebook or youtube, and boom, it will travel virally.

the web will only get people who are searching for the evidence. if we want Everyone to know we have to hack into TV stations and Radios that are used by the common person... For example if a hacker were to hack the giant tv in new york his voice would be heard for sure... now if you were to hack and play a video of what really happened on 9/11 or a brief video of evidence that would keep the attention of new yorkers then we are in business thats what i me
ant by hackers

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Well, there is a little leg work in starting a viral campaign, you've got to make it interesting and get it out to an initial population, then it spreads.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by pscysm

i understand where you are getting at but do you understand how benificial it would be to hack one of thos giant TV's like the one in New york??? it would open so many peoples minds.... ya the news will cal it terrorism but hey its terrorifying to know what is really going on...
People need to know the truth........
Not just the people who are seeking it (Like us)

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Very V for Vendetta. I think something like that would be cool.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by pscysm

Very V for Vendetta. I think something like that would be cool.

oh ya i remember that movie it was good... a revolution like that would be really effective...

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

You see I'm all for revolution and if it came to WE versus TPTB
i would have no problem conscious wise taking them down,whole
generation's of the same power structure.
does this make me as bad as the Nazi's? i am a decent guy
but if it did come to all out riots etc i would be at the front fighting
if it was for a better way of life,a radical change.

it would be war but i could take it,trouble is not all
will be able to take this stance,every one is different
and entiteled to there own view,how can you ask a young
mother for instance to fight a dirty all out war aginst TPTB?

politics dont work! different suit same set of eyes! i think more
direct action needed,hell i know people who would do a better
job like changing laws, better ways to live, equality etc etc
than the current goverment crooks.

But this is England and we seem in better shape than the poor old USA.
even if there was a massive revolution how long would it take
for our brave new world to settle into normality?
how long before corruption set in?

has the time for revolution come and gone now?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Jeeze, some of the negativity on here is mindblowing.

Did I see the argument - "All civilizations are destined to fail, so the NWO is destined to fail, so there is no point in doing anything."

What?

Did I also see - "True freedom gives me the right to kill someone, how is that fair?"

What?

And someone said - "As long as I can live comfortably, smoke, drink, etc., then I'm free." True, until you can't smoke, drink, say bad things about the government, post negative thoughts about the government online, but then it's too late my friend.

EDIT - Removed a link after learning a bit more about it from someone.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by TheFinalTruth14]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I`ve been following this thread for some time now, and have seen some interesting thoughts on this subject. I`ve seen it being said, that it wouldn`t matter where you go on this planet, TPTB would find you, and yes, that is true.

I`ve seen it said that if you did find a place, you could defend it. Yes you could, but, at what cost? A life? Many lives, every life? And you believe they couldn`t over run the area? Think again.

Do I think it will come to the point that people will just up and move somewhere else,.........no. Why? Because, not only because it would do no good, but, it isn`t necessary.

Now, I will tell you what I do see everyday, that most overlook.

What is it, that TPTB can never own, or take away from you? Where is that one place you can go, and they can never enter it? I see many going to that one place each and everyday. Many forget, or have forgotten about this place, and it doesn`t cost a dime to go there.

And to think, TPTB are even doing their best to make you go there. They are even giving up everything just to make sure you do go there. They lose a little more power every time someone goes there, and they are willing to do so. Yes, I said they are willing to give it all up, to make sure you go to that place. One big world wide mass wake up call to humanity.

You see, that is what this one point in human history is all about. Finding that one place again. Finding it, understanding it, and growing because of it.

Not many will understand this, and I don`t expect them to. Many are to wrapped up in their own little realities and don`t want to understand it. They are the ones who will lose in the end when it is all said and done.

I`m sure that there are those who are wise enough, to know what I`m talking about, and they don`t need a building falling on them to see it. It is those, who have found that place, that are making more of a change in this mass reality, than the blind ones will ever know.

How many of you know what I`m talking about?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

yes i see your point but i believe if we try to revolt atleast we tried and others will remember we tried because if their plans succeed we wont have anything to live for or fight for anyways... So yes maybe our time came and went but if we still have some freedoms i say we try... i myself dont own a gun and i haven't even graduated from highschool yet... infact i dont have a car or a license but i do know one thing.... my good ole baseball bat could really use a hit

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join