It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't we all just leave?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I have been lurking for what seems like many months now. I'm not exactly sure how long it has been since I made my last post or even found something here worth replying to. The truth of the matter is that the more I stay here, the more I see of the same.

Each day more and more is revealed of the agenda against our liberties and freedoms as human beings, and the steps taken to control us.

Each day the markets of the world teeter on the edge of cataclysm, and each time they miraculously pull themselves back before the imminent doom.

Each day more and more lies are spewed from the mouths of those in power, the politicians, the corporate execs, the main stream media; all out with nothing but distractions while the real game is played behind the scenes.

Each day brings us closer to impending doom of our species, whether it be biblical, philosophical, natural, or imposed my ourselves. Nonetheless - it is coming.

So we, the self-proclaimed awakened stand idly by and complain with freest of speech that we might have. We complain about the state of the world, the powers that control it, and the steps not being taken to save humanity. We complain about the New World Order, the coming of the Anti-Christ, the hammer being brought down upon us and yet as we complain... we do nothing.

I posted on these forums many moons ago about the coming Revolution and how the people would start it themselves. Perhaps I had had too much hope in the people. While aggressions still stand high, and dissidence from the ranks of the elites seems to be a growing thing - so too is the state of entropy we face. We continue to be distracted on a point-by-point bases of the occurrences of the world rather than continuing to look at the big picture.

For instance - I have yet to see anyone who considers the oil spill in the Gulf to be a "good thing". While some dedicated individuals see the spill as a chain of events rather than a singular situation - many people who have decided to come of the the woodwork think that the spill is merely a fault of a lazy corporation looking to shirk their responsibilities. While in a sunshine and daisy filled world, this might be the case - people need to understand that it is because of the people in power who created regulations of oversight on these corporations, and the people who are in charge of this country that are continually to blame along with the corporation at the forefront.

Yet this is only a small example on a grander stage; just one of the many things that people will continue to complain about yet do nothing. Well, I think the time for doing nothing is past, and I feel that anyone who is truly in the boat of "awakening" for the long haul should heed my words from here on out.

What is stopping us from breaking away?

We who are awakened are ridiculed by society, placed into defensive positions and made out to be nutcases to the world. Yet we all know the truth. Sure there are those of us that are more eccentric than others, however - most people here on ATS, and plenty who have yet to find their way here, base our beliefs and ways of living on the truth that we were not afraid to obtain and learn about.

Why don't we just leave?

What is stopping us from breaking away from the society that has turned their back on the truth?

We are no different than the faiths of old. Long did groups such as the Quakers and Protestants face turmoil against their freedoms to worship as they chose - so what did they do? They broke away from the society that chose to control them. They chose freedom above all else.

So once again, what is stopping us?

We have the opportunity to break away from the rest of mankind, to forge ahead with a new, ideal civilization based on knowledge, truth, peace, and understanding yet we refuse to seek out this potential. It isn't some creed of enlightenment that is outside of our grasps - it is a reality that could await us all if only we decided that we ACTUALLY, and I am talking without a SHADOW OF A DOUBT - decided that we wanted to work together to change this world.

And change this world we would. The more people that would join us, the larger our impact would become. The more people saw the truth behind the break away - the more people would choose to step outside of the boxed mentality they have been placed in.

We are all strangers here (at least most of us) but what does it matter? We may not all agree on the subjects we debate - but we can all agree on one thing - that each any every one of us is in search of that little beam of light that seems to avoid even some of the most knowledgeable men and women:

TRUTH

Ever since I was a small child I knew that I was different than most people. For some reason, to me - the world just wasn't as cut and dry or two dimensional as everyone around me made it out to be. There were many times where I felt lost in my struggle to find a place where I could fit in. I'm sure many of us have felt the same way. If not, then why are we here?

I want to do this, but I can't do it alone. My breaking away would only cause me to be declared a nomad. A group, standing and breaking away for their beliefs and freedoms; that is declared a new civilization.

So what do you think? Who else could do it? Who else, ACTUALLY stand by what they believe enough to want to change the world and promote a better future for humanity?

What will it be? Ideas for the future of the Coalition of Truth or excuses as to why you can't or are too afraid to do something?

Let's hear what the people have got to say.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I agree that there's a time for words and a time for action. I just wonder...

Where do you suggest that we go?

(Not being a smart-alec--I'm really interested to hear what you propose)

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
seasteading.org...

I agree - where could we go? It's an interesting idea. Why are new civilizations no longer being created or organized? How long before TPTB label this civilization a terrorist group? It would have to be done legally. Problem is, if you don't have weapons, you can't protect yourself. If you do have weapons, you are terrorists.

Look at America and other countries telling Iran and other countries what they can and can't have while we have the ability to wipe us all out. It is just so backwards and the propaganda is incredibly powerful.

I posted the seasteading link as a possible idea. I get emails from them but don't really keep up with it.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Well personally I have no one to talk about these things. If I did, they would change the subject really quick! I see your point, however don't you just wanna hang out with people that can somewhat entertain the notion of most if not all of these alternative topics? Tired of people disagreeing? Nothing ever gets solved?
Ya but its all in good fun! I was gonna suggest an ATS picnic, maybe an annual one what do you think?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Hi Gwydionblack,

I am leaving, and for many of the reasons you stated so well in your post. It's nice to know that other people feel this way.

When new civilisations stop being created, then entropy sets in.

Here's a link to my thread:

My Escape From This Society

Cheers
Shane

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
while it's a great idea to break away and form a
new civilisation as other posters have said TPTB
wont like that.
plus i have stopped trying to even talk to people
about how brainwashed they are and conditioned
because they just dont want to hear it or believe it.

as long as they get there daily fix of reality TV and
the propaganda that is spat out by the MSM then
they are happy to be controlled.sad really sad people.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

We can break away and move......move to TRUE freedom and still retain order.
The problem is, we need to move as a whole ENTIRE unit. If we move individually or in small groups (who give a darn), we are declared "terrorists" (my arse), we are jailed, picked off, etc.

I have posted in another thread, that yes, a lion can kill sheep with great ease, but a lion does not stand a chance against a stampede....the lion will be reduced to a bloody pulp. And the lion knows it.
that is why the lion has his pride circling the perimeter intimidating the sheep while ALL THE WHILE EATING AS THEY PLEASE.
People who are wise know what I am talking about using this example.

I used to tell people how displease I was paying taxes left and right, and they always told me the same B.S... well taxes pay for our roads, etc....Gee, ALL our roads, etc should be in PRISTINE condition, dont ya think? But no, MOST of OUR money is spent on things WE would not even approve of----they dont ask us if we would like to contribute to the wars, missiles, running warships around the clock, use/develope technology to spy on people such as us, etc. This country could be on top, as well as the rest of the world, if ALL our money was used towards better energy, better living solutions for EVERYONE, technology to clean up and repair damage done to this earth, etc....but greed and power took it all and when they are done milking everyone dry, we are goners......our purpose is done. People worry about the "culling of the population"? The corporation makes more money off of more people, not less people. So when they are done using us, thats it.

too many of us feel and know this is coming, we are trying to fight those who are responsible for all this bullcrap, but the worst part is, we are having to fight through the ridicule, sleeping, programmed friends family and strangers. It is hard seeing your own people hold back when we all can take control, do something with our lives, work with making this planet beautiful, having FAMILIES together again, and keeping things simple.
If we DONT want to see this planet go to sh-ts,
if we DONT want to see our own kids and their kids go through this same slavery,
If we DONT want war and having to kill for someone elses lazy arse
If we DONT want to die helplessly at the whims of our TRUE enemies
then we all have to do something before it is too late.

In a religious book of the Jews, people who are not of that line are considered GOY. there is another thread here recently I saw this info, and it totally made me see things real serious.

WE not I have to do something, otherwise as the op of this thread said, we should not say a word, just suck it up, shut it up, and when the time comes give it all up.

We all must do something and I know we all can. Refusal to pay anymore into their pockets will tear their behinds up. OOps there will go their plans....It would be great to every soldier EVERYWHERE lay their weapons down, know they been played all along, and get back home.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I'm not exactly sure how long it has been since I made my last post

"Experiencing the Patriot Act - 18-6-2010 @ 01:37 PM"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

That was the last post you made before you started this thread. Easy to find out.

1. Click on Member tools.
2. Scroll down to & click on public profile.
3. This will bring up you own person profile (if logged in)
4. Click on posts.
5. This will bring up you own list of Recent posts in last 180 days Of activity from or (250 Max).

See easy when you know how. So next time you won't have to start a thread to find out. Peace & goodnight.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by acrux]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

This is a good idea. I like it. But where would we start? Do we make moves to become "non-compliant" right where we are? Do you suggest starting a Utopian community? What are your thoughts on really making this idea work?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by acrux

I'm not exactly sure how long it has been since I made my last post

"Experiencing the Patriot Act - 18-6-2010 @ 01:37 PM"

That was the last post you made before you started this thread. Easy to find out.

1. Click on Member tools.
2. Scroll down to & click on public profile.
3. This will bring up you own person profile (if logged in)
4. Click on posts.
5. This will bring up you own list of Recent posts in last 180 days Of activity from or (250 Max).

See easy when you know how. So next time you won't have to start a thread to find out. Peace & goodnight.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by acrux]

So a little over 3 weeks. wow. Change your mind often?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Who cares what TPTB likes though? If you're talking about a mass exodus, then yes, it would be plausible that TPTB might get annoyed and try and stop it. But the sad fact is, only a tiny fraction of a percentage of people will ever actually try to escape, one by one, as individuals or familys.

I compare it to the extinction of the dinosaurs. Right now, there's some very big and powerful corporations/governments fighting over resources, concocting plans and generally trying to assert their dominance on the world around them.

To survive, we have to think like the mammals did, and hide away, avoiding these beasts as they fight for dominance in the world around them. Adapt fuel/food sorces that will not bring us in direct competition with these dinosaurs. Hide away in our burrows, and not rush out trying to annoy the dinosaurs. Those who do will get eaten. Generally the idea is not to bring attention to yourself. Don't move to a place with resources that the dinosaurs may want to use. This will also get you killed.

Many of the mammals that did survive the extinction level event that killed off the dinosaurs did not live in large community's, rather smaller family units that would co-operate with other groups nearby. If you put all your eggs in one basket, then it's too easy for the dinosaurs to squash 'em.

The sad fact is, for new civilisations to prosper, then the old ones must either adapt or be removed. Nature is beautiful, but isn't kind to those who over-populate or otherwise try to destroy the balance of this world.

Eventually, once the dust has settled, those people who had prepared themselves and distanced themselves from those who are destroying this world may have a chance to emerge and begin again.

It may not be considered 'brave', but survival isn't about being brave. Survival and ego don't mix. Being brave will only get you killed. This is reality, not some movie where the good guys can always win against the masses. It's time to be flexible and think differently then the rest of this society.

This is a subject I am passionate about. For the last year, since implementing my plan, it's surpassed my urge to protest or fight the system. The system will fail on it's own. I just hope to be around afterwards to rebuild if it fails in my own lifetime.

If anyone would like to talk more about this subject (and in the last year I've learnt a huge amount about how to escape) drop me a U2U or you'll find me in chat quite often.

Cheers
Shane

link   
These words are very inspiring but the problem won’t be solved until a certain part of the human race is or becomes organized to be a vanguard of change.

Free thinkers often don’t understand that this organization of a movement is done by a standard methodology, not wayward noise done by people like Dave Icke and Alex Jones or any other deluded person who thinks scattered anti establishment rhetoric is a replacement for a genuine human movement that could cause real change.

Indeed, it will ONLY come in an organized cult like, almost religious guise, such as scientology or political cult like the communists or the Nazis, organizationally speaking.

Of course these things are looked down on by the free thinkers of today, as if change will come from some mysterious thing waking people up all of a sudden out of nowhere. And the mundane hark work of organizing groups behind ideas doesn’t have to be done.

If one looks at history ALL change is done by either a vanguard religious or political movement. Certainly social commentators are part of the spiritual and learning process, but sooner or later we need either a political party or movement or a new religion.

The NWO knows this, and knows this is why it is almost impossible to defeat them, for every time a messiah type figure arises out of the political or religious world with the potential and charisma to organize huge amounts of people then they are either assassinated or bought off.

Perhaps we need to learn to do like the NWO and start masonic orders of our own and organize people that way. That is a challenge, of course.

link   
So when does project "MAYFLOWER" set sail. I agree. Everyday it is getting worse. As I was watching the News with my son 10, we watched the horrors of the oil spill, the war, and a local story on a homeless man who got beat to death, he looked at me and said, "Why do people stand for this, We should do something". Try explaining this to a very smart 10 year old.
Our fore-fathers did it when they chouldnt take the crap going on in England. So why cant we?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
There are people out there, fighting the good fight.
There are some that do what they can.
There are others that take it to the man and show up.
The vast majority of people however are so concerned with their own micro realities, they don't have time.
People won't change.
We can't.
Not after generations of mind numbing.
Only catastrophe can shake the foundation of lies.

When everything is in place to keep us stagnant, it's hard to act.
Let's say a movement began. All it would take to kill it, would be a media blitz telling the rest of the world how nuts we are.
Case closed.
How do you fight that?
I'm sure people know how, but what will be the cost?
I've said this a million times before.

No one wants to be the first in line to get shot.

Silly how we can't fight for simple freedoms anymore, yet other people can willingly die to protect their lack thereof.
WTF is wrong with that picture?

[edit on 7/10/2010 by reticledc]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
One more thing I would like to add...
This world belongs to US the many, not them, the few.
They messed this all up, we can get it fixed by REMOVING them.
Rather than something to complain about more in the future, I would like us talking about the accomplishments, and seeing the futures of our kids...That would be neat to someday hear our kids grow up and say, "yeah, if it wasnt for our parents and everyone else getting together, we wouldnt be where we are today: FREE, EDUCATED, and ALIVE"

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack

For instance - I have yet to see anyone who considers the oil spill in the Gulf to be a "good thing".

I could see some good coming out of it.

The government and the people are good at being reactive, but very bad at being proactive.

We've seen it in the past with the flood walls in Louisiana that broke after Katrina and the bridges that collapsed due to disrepair around the country.

There are just too many things that could go wrong to fix them all. It would cost a lot of money that people would have a hard time justifying spending. However, after some sort of disaster, people are begging you to spend their money to fix it. The saying "the squeaky wheel gets the grease" is apt.

The oil spill could help galvanize the population. Make them willing to accept some disruption of their normal lives in order to help lower our dependence on foreign oil and spend the money to invest in more "green" technology to help the planet.

Implementing this technology could help increase jobs and help car sales (and the sales of other green goods) by making people replace their "oil based" items.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
your ideas are very valid and also been done.. in the 60-70 communes were very popular.. and many are still around.. I have actually been a guest at one of them for over a week..

They each have there basis for existing, the one I wen to was pretty normal , they were not based on any particular religion or beliefs.. it had a mix of religions and beliefs.. there were nudest and non nudists and there were people of all races and colors , some were gay some were straight.. some were vegitarain.. some not . However they all wanted to get away from the "rest of the world" not that they were not social, just they didn't agree with the government and society in general.

They had a large amount of land with basically a small town on this property , they were self sufficient they grew there own food and also even had manufacturing businesses that produced good and sold them tot he outside world.. they would go into the city for supplies etc.. but for the most part they were pretty well off out there where they were.. they had power and computers and all the other stuff normal people had ..they just had there own rules and they worked communally instead of each independently for them selfs..

People getting together based on common values can be done.. and has been done many many times.. However.. it takes work and as you can even see on this board people disagree and fight and well just be human.. But just like ont he board if people all play by the rules and respect them.. people will get along..

The one thing that did really sink in about my commune experiance is that working as groups, people were able to accomplish allot more with less work..

This place had a garden that was massive.. it was right in the center of there town.. and it was very well cared for.. because it was there primary food source.. and constituted a large portion of the "work" people did in the commune.. however most peoples work days were about 4-5 hours unless they were doing a special building project or something that was time sensitive.. but even when they built new structures they would do it in record time.. since it was a direct benefit for everyone, everyone helped and put in lots of extra time to get it done... Kind of like a classic barn raising..

Working together people can accomplish far more than alone and then you also can work with the scale of economy , buying food bulk is far cheaper than individually etc..

The other cool thing about this commune, was when you joined the commune all your stuff besides personal effects.. would be absorbed by the commune.. so they had some amazing collections of stuff.. they had a rec room that was very large and one side was all book shelves.. it was like a library with a ladder to get books on the shelfs ect.. the other side i remember this massice sound system setup and huge library like collection of CD's , there wood working shop and mechanics shop was very well equipped..

Imagine this is 50-60 peoples stuff all together for every one to have access to.. it really showed the power of truly sharing everything and how beneficial it could be to everyone.

Also this commune every one was given a weekly allowance of sorts so they could by personal effects etc.. and lets say you left the commune they would send you on your way with a decent amount of cash.. these were all in there contract when you joined.. seemed like a good system. considering the pretty radical thing they were doing compaired to "regular" society..

The one thing about this place was it was a really odd mix of personal freedom and communism.. it was really odd combination.. but seemed to work with people that were very open minded and willing to try something different.. For instance they had a cafeteria style feeding setup. they had cooks that made meals every day.. yet since there were vegetarians they would always have vegetarian stuff along with meat etc for non veg... but if you didnt want to eat what was made you wee welcome to make whatever you wanted..

Also since they had nudest there they had communal co ed showers in the bath house, yet that also had private single bath rooms for others that wanted privacy..

The had some people that didn't like tv and othrs that did , so they had a TV building with TVs and a huge collection of movies and other media related to Television.. really they tried to make everything available to every one no matter there beliefs.. was quite interesting how they did this..

Yet they had one building just for clothing , you could just walk in there and pick out whatever clothing you needed and leave whatever clothing you didn't need any more..

Anyway enough blabbering on .. but if you want to attempt something like this look at communes from the hippie generation.. you can learn allot about what worked and what didn't.. many failed.. yet some are still around to this day and doing very well.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Work harder than they do, want it more, be willing to put it all on the line, sacrifice more, unite, be above manipulation with one accord, be the trailblazers, and watch tptb crumble on themselves.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by E-ville

IF I were in a coummunity like that, I would mind at all sharing/contributing my stuff as long as folks took good care of it.

I have heard very old people talk about there younger days--they didnt have money, yet people got together, handsewed clothing, built homes for new famililies, gardened, hunted, etc. Taxes were not needed simply because effort from everyone was used, and yes, folks had their special skills, used skills, etc as trade, and alot of work being shared became more efficient on time. People had time to kick back together in the evenings and entertain themselves or just hang out.

Today, we barely have time to hang out let alone raise our kids without having to run off to make a buck for our debts and taxes are literally killing us

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I have been trying to do it for 20 years. The problem is lots of people talk few act. I still want to do it. I have researched it for years. I know a county in Idaho that has lots of like minded people already there that might be a good place to start and doesn't have building codes etc. it is one of the freest counties in the country

I have tried to put together group buys of property for large tracts of land etc. but it always falls apart. Few people will ever take action it seems.

It could to be something like the free state project but on a county level. If we could get enough people to move to a certain county we could take over the government there and that would offer us a measure of protection. We could elect a Sheriff that would uphold our rights and back us against the Feds encroaching where they have no authority.

We could use things like permaculture, sustainable energy like solar ethanol and bio-diesel while we research newer free energy technology. That's the other thing it would have to use already proven technology for long term sustainability. It can't be planned around some future technology not yet invented or available right now. And we have some pretty good clean sustainable technology thats been around a long time we could use.

We could buy large tracts of land and make them covenant communities were folks who buy in agree to the new societal rules and not to use the Feds or corporate government in anyway, we could lawfully and peacefully nullify the corporate government authority. you can own just about any weapon you want in Idaho too, and they passed that law that if its manufactured in Idaho then it's not subject to federal regulation.

I have many more ideas and proven methods for low cost housing to how to govern the community in maximum freedom without conflict etc. but I can't find 30 people willing to take action. People want to do it close to where they live they don't want to move across the country, or they may want to do it but don't have the means and can hardly pay rent etc.

I have started yahoo groups to work things out but they have all died on the vine. people need to actively be talking to each other and willing to be open to anything and everything. They think they are until the group starts talking.

Once it got started then people would flock to it once they see it working but the hard part is getting it started.

Anyway I have given up trying to initiate something but if someone shows me 30 people willing to act then I will be pleasantly surprised....

[edit on 11-7-2010 by hawkiye]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join