It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't we all just leave?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
It's as Janis Joplin sang in "Me and Bobby McGee".
"Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose".
We've lost it all-already. Now...we've just got to gain it all back....

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
Why don't we all just leave?

Sorry, but what do you mean "leave?" Leave where? For where? Do you mean "physically leave?" Or leave in a more metaphoric way?

I long ago left the place I was was born, and over the decades I lived in multiple nations and cities. There was a long period in my life where it seemed I was always leaving and never arriving. It got to be a bad feeling. Finally, I carved out a perch for myself where I've been holed up for a number of years now. Leave? Heck no. Not after I managed to finally arrive somewhere.

It seems that by "leave" you mean "leave together," as if all or of "us" on ATS should make a group community or something. First of all, we alreay have one. The great thing about the internet is it allows you to find other people who interest you without location being an issue. But beyond this, notice that there is a lot of disagreement and people of different temperments here...the T&C and other factors keep us interacting in a polite, productive, and interesting way. There are large blocks of people who are "awakened" in the sense you use the term (i.e., awakened to the various horrors of the world) but who utterly, totally, and passionately disagree with each other on what causes these things and what should be done on them.

A community of "the aware" in real, living flesh would probably quickly come to resemble something like Lord of the Flies. Because they would have little in common other than this awareness. Some would be stronger and more capable than others. Imbalances would ensure, as well as disagreements on the fundamental form and character of the community.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by E-ville

Are you describing the commune that you have been staying at for a week?

Your description does not strike me as being realistic at all. "A building for TV's..." Your odd enthusisiam coupled with your bizarre and rather inaccurate description of a commune smacks of "change agent". Are you planting seeds?

What you describe as a cross between a commune and communism is what is known as institutional living. This is what TPTB have in mind for those who survive "the culling".

They will play it up as a Utopian community. And it will be much the way you have described.

There will be a social hierarchy in which people are placed according to his/her capacity and the "rewards" will be appropriate to one's output or labor. They will be grouped according to "likeness" so there will be "equality" within each group. In other words, sophisticated people will not be placed in with the uneducated. This way there will be no apparent class distinctions. Communities of people of your own likeness depending on your "station" in life.

All nations will possess the same institutions; many of these you will recognize as previously established group or "club" entities. Everything will be run through administrators rather than governors, etc. Power will be vested in committees who will direct the operations of these communities. The plans and organizational aspects have already been laid out.

It will also be promoted to better the condition of the poor.

Fact is, this has already been planned for. Nice trick to make people think it's their own idea. Rome is still behind it. There will be a change in the power structure; it will be divided among corporate entities which also include religions.

Oh, and did I mention private property and inheritance will be done away with?

It may at first appear to be an ideal and practical clan type of living. It may look like "freedom" simply because it will be a radical change from what you know now. But once there is a traumatic event and much of the population is "culled" people will be stressed and traumatized and thus, easily led into this new institutional living scheme.

You will live on land that is owned by big corporations and run by a network of "benevolent" or "eco" organizations. You will be expected to sign covenant agreements in order to stay. Never forget "First reliance, then compliance."

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Why can't we leave, because there's no land left to settle on this planet, no place that can't be found by satellite, except maybe a deep underground area or deep sea area, but it seems like aliens have all those spots plotted LOL.

We lack too much to leave and go anywhere in hopes of starting a new civilization.

We lack the land, because it's all been claimed, we lack the resources, at least if you still plan to have the standard of living that most people have in middle class America, and we lack the weapons to protect our land against imperialist nations, Like the United States, that are hell bent on spreading their control to the rest of the world, unless you're in possession of a fleet of battles ships, air craft carriers, and SCUD missiles, not to mention unmanned predator drones, and the essential small arms munitions necessary to hold of land based invasions.

That's why all we can do for now is talk, but someday we may not be able to do that, so mine as well take advantage of it while we can.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

I'm dead serious.. I've been to a commune and stayed a week.. And i have my father mother and sister to back me up on that..

I am not a change agent ... I was just stating that it can be done and gave some examples of what I saw when I was at this place.. and yes they had a TV area, it was its own separate building.. and that where they had tv's and movies etc..

You notice I said we stayed there a week.. that means we didn't join it .. commune life does have its downfalls.. however it was very interesting.. totally not the norm..

Actual, I believe this is the place we went.. it was over 20 years ago .. I was still living with my folks at the time.... I was a teenager then.. they talk about there community on there pages.. seems like it has gotten smaller than it was back then. But they talk about the community and things that will back up my experience..
eastwind.org...

I was just pointing out these type of things can and have been done any some last along time.. many 60-70's communes failed quite quickly.. there are still a few around.. they apparently did it correctly enough to pull it off. they do offer something to learn from.

Just because you don't agree with someone or some group you should at least investigate there activity and learn from there mistakes and experiences.. otherwise your being pretty ignorant to over look there success and failures.. every one has something to offer, even if its how not to do something... it is something to offer.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Friends: Several quotes immediately come to mind here: 4 in fact.
They are:

"Personally, I don't think there's intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?" Bob Monkhouse

"Were it offered to my choice, I should have no objection to a repetition of the same life from its beginning, only asking the advantages authors have in a second edition to correct some faults in the first." Benjamin Franklin

"Your time is limited so don't waste it living someone else's life." Steve Jobs

And lastly...
"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."
Charlie Brown

[edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
We know the "Truth"?

Really?
I'm glad someone does because I certainly make no such claim for myself.
I MIGHT know bits and pieces of the truth but there a big holes for me in the overall picture.
If I did know all the truth I might be doing something very different.
Unfortunately, all I can do for now is keep digging for more information until I can see the overall picture more clearly.
I do not "do nothing" other than complain on the web.
I write and call my representatives often and let them know my views.
I would still go out and protest but I cannot afford to be in any violent altercations due to being frail physically from a long illness.
That bothers me greatly as I have 2 young grandchildren growing up in a world gone mad and I can't physically put myself on the line.
Still, we all do what we can.
I understand your impatience, it might be shared by most here.
Don;t give up on us - your fellow humans because we GOTTA STICK TOGETHER. Otherwise all will be lost.

Respects, ATA

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Nice post.

Unfortunately, as many have pointed out, where would we go (I saw a very interesting link on "seasteading", and that's something I will check out further)? Also, do you think the government would just ignore us? They certainly wouldn't encourage us. There wouldn't be any positive talk from the government about us. They would fire up the propaganda machine and destroy us in the eyes of the public.

Seasteading is still very interesting to me, though... It may be an outlet...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Where are you going to go, Pandora?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Do you have any ideas as to what we should do? are you looking to team up with someone to further this agenda?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by stealthyaroura
while it's a great idea to break away and form a
new civilisation as other posters have said TPTB
wont like that.

And it is THIS form of thinking that makes sure none of you will break away.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Well how can we expect the people to stand up and start theirown civilization when they cant even protect the one they are currently under rule with.

You might say "well, it will be easier for us to start over than it will be to get a hold of the one wehave now", but I dont know if thats the case.

Personally, I think the people are just waiting for the 'Right' leader.
We are leaderless in this country right now, we have nobody that is working for Us. Thats the problem. We need more warriors in places that matter. All we have are radio talk show hosts with bullhorns. I mean come on, we can do better than that, cant we?

I dont want to run from my problems, I want to fix them, no matter what, I will give my last breathe defending what I BELIEVE.
That unfortunately, will only get me so far if there arent people besides me and in front and back of me to help lead the charge.
I am no scholor, but even to me it is painfully obvious .... we need better.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Reading this thread, I have finally decided to make an account.

I think a great starting move would be to start a community or move to a small existing one in Canada, preferably northern Ontario. There, you are more out of the US's grasp. Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Proff
Reading this thread, I have finally decided to make an account.

I think a great starting move would be to start a community or move to a small existing one in Canada, preferably northern Ontario. There, you are more out of the US's grasp. Thoughts?

I don't think it would make any difference where we were. We would all still be "subjects" to the same powers. Canada is under the dominion of the Queen of England, as you were so recently reminded. The US is also under the same dominion. But know that when someone wears a crown it is a symbol of bondage and there are still higher authorities that must be appeased. And who gives the Crown it's authority? The rabbit hole still goes deeper.

And as for seasteading....then you absolutely would be under maritime laws.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Why don't we just leave?

The problem is we can't, we are well and truly bonded to the system. As are the elite.

We (The awaken) are aware that we are no more than over-paid slaves but seriously what are we gonna do about it? What can we do about it?

Nothing, zilch, nihilum.

Now i'm not saying that things will be this way forever, I'm just saying that it ain't gonna change anytime soon. So until it does i'm gonna put my feet up and watch the world tear itself apart.

Peace. (whatever that is?)

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

We have already left. We have a 40 acre spread in the middle of nowhere, off the grid, been living this way for a few years now. Actually, we have been offering others to join us here, found mostly "tourists" who say "someday" they'll be ready to do something. Poor them. They can't deal with the reality and therefore won't be in a position to make it through what's coming. See watchrepairworld . com if you're seriously interested in leaving.

Max Eagan said it quite well and succinctly...Stop Complying. I see lots of people here still allowing TPTB to make their life decisions. Here is something to consider:

An Open Letter to TPTB

I’m not afraid of you anymore. You have gone so far passed the point of being ominous, and so far into being a ludicrous characature of a flailing, ridiculous entity, that you have lost your grip on my life. I don’t cower anymore, worried that you might walk into my home and take me away for not renewing my drivers license with your real ID embedded; for teaching my children far more intelligent matter – how to think! – at home than is taught in the best of your public schools; for not rolling up my sleeve to take your venomous vaccinations and all the other silly ways you seek to control my life to your benefit alone.

I am putting on my Guy Fawkes mask (not so you cannot identify me, but because my identity is my own) and going out onto the streets to say, “This is not right!” It’s not right to stop people from knowing the truth about an oil disaster that will affect the world for decades to come. It’s not right to make people pay interest on valueless money that is created for them out of thin air by the push of a button. It’s not right to take peoples’ children away and give them to “families” who are part of a pedophilia ring. It’s not right to tell me I must take your medicines, and cannot have the natural healing herbs I choose over them. It’s not right to tell me I have an illness because I choose to eat organic foods instead of the genetic monstrosities you force upon the hungry. It’s not right to make people believe they are to blame for a natural phenomenon that is raising the temperature of every planet in our solar system. It’s not right to allow our lawmakers to vote on bills they did not and could not have read. It’s not right to take this country’s children and turn them into demonic murderers reigning down upon lands whose only sin is that they possess oil.

You have lost your grip on my fear and you cannot have it back, and therefore, you have no more power over me. I will live my life in a way that is kind to others and to my own being. I will defend myself against attackers, but will not encroach upon others rights nor property. I will take care of myself and my blood and spiritual family. I will neither ask for nor accept anything from you, including your permission to live a good life as I see fit.

You are no longer the powers that be – you are the powers that were. That's the revolution.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
This is really interesting. As to where? The only "safe" place would be the only place without law.. the middle of the ocean. I'm not exactly sure who would actually invest the large amount of money needed to created a true to life "water world" but it's something to consider.

Think Bioshock here lol.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by AndrewJay]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I think the reason no-one is doing nothing is that it has been made impossible. TPTB have too much control over everything, and knowledge of everything that is going on.

The only way to win at this point is to keep up with the flow, and staying undercover, waiting for the truth to sink in to a majority, and then we can have a peaceful revolution. There will inevitably be a revolution. The only question is will it be a kind of change from within the society, or will it be armed and violent.

The first scenario will play out if tptb do nothing and try to keep business as usual. This takes time. The other scenario is that tptb are fully aware of scenario # 1, and will try to do anything to stay ahead of the awakening in society. This is where absurd laws will be passed, whole nations are converted into military organizations and the economy comes thumbling down as money is being spent on the fortification of power for the elites and not for the common good.

[edit on 7/11/2010 by above]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

I remember the Hopi Prophesy that said many with long hair will come to their people to learn their ways.

So, would the Hopi want a few thousand of us to show up at their reservation? I doubt it.

wikipedia.org/wiki/Hopi_Reservation

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
This is very difficult to answer, because even thogh you say to leave, where would we all go ? Theres no where to go that isnt controlled by "them", unless we are willing to go somewhere remote in Asia ! Heres this thing, we cant really do anything at THE MOMENT, all we can do is pray that these soul-less assholes look in the mirror and see themselves as the real demons they are. If you dont believe in God, start to ! You have to believe in some KIND of force that started everything there is in the universe, even if its not the "Christian God" defined in the bibles. They say if you believe TRULY believe that everything will world out, then TWO people believing can save a city! They dont want us to KNOW, that mind is the builder and that our actions and THOUGHTS create our reality. They will get what the deserve NO doubt about it. We cant GO anywhere now because there is NO where to go. But we can KNOW that no matter what OUR beliefs are, no matter if we believe that the world is being taken over by reptilians, or by assholes, or by demons, or your mother in law
we KNOW THAT WE CAN STICK TOGETHER and that WE DO EXIST and there are like minded people individuals like us EVERYWHERE even if we feel alone because our peers dont think the destruction of the world is as obvious as we do. Spread positive energy and thinking but always stay prepared !

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join