It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killer Coca-Cola?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I knew I should have moved on the post I was putting together instead of waiting, lol!

Good on you, glad someone brought this to the board in a timely fashion.

Accountability of Coca-Cola in India

Link with 30 or so other related links

Cola Giant Criticized Amid India Water Crisis

Pakistan: What has Coke got to hide?

They accuse the company of over-extracting groundwater, lowering the water tables and leaving farmers and the local community unable to dig deep enough to get to vital water supplies.

Since the bottling plant was opened in 2000, water levels in the area have dropped six metres, and when a severe drought hit the region earlier this year the crops failed and livelihoods were destroyed.

‘What is more important,’ asked local activist Nandlal Master, ‘meeting the water needs of a community and farming or mass producing Coca-Cola from depleting groundwater resources?

According to Dr David Molden, many thousands of villages that are unable to get water even from tankers have been abandoned completely. 

And if they haven’t yet been abandoned they are a potential site of conflict.

Coca-Cola just part of India’s water ‘free-for-all’

Here's a great movie - a must watch - all parts 1-9 available on You Tube.

Blue Gold - World Water Wars

Yeah, that's it... Coke's the 'Real Thing' alright... A REAL KILLER!

peace

[edit on 11-7-2010 by silo13]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiffanyInLA
I heard Coca-cola can take paint off of cars. Is that true?

I'm not sure about that, but if you put a tooth in a glass of Coke a day later it will be dissolved. Coca Cola truck drivers use it to clean off their truck batteries. It's actually in the drivers manual. It works really well.

Edit: I just saw MythBusters and they did the tooth experiment. It didn't diddolve overnight, but the experiment that I did was with a baby tooth. They also did the battery experiment and didn't get different results with water. The battery connections MB used weren't very dirty. Coke works well when the connections are CAKED with rust and acid.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
My point in bringing up in this topic Ahmadinejad's ban of Coca-Cola in relation to information like posted in this OP, was not taken, I see.

Most bloggers and news media choose to look at his ban of Coca-Cola at face value, looking it as either a temper tantrum by a crazy man or a random striking out against Zionist capitalism in general.

My point is to underscore that the actions of Coca-Cola and other corporations like it are the reasons he enacted the bans...this is the background that most "news" organizations and bloggers ignore.

There are probably 100,000 articles and comments out there on the web right now ridiculing the decision by Ahmadinejad to ban Coca-Cola. Yet none I have found so far, and I've been through many, deem it even remotely necessary to dig at the possible reasons for it, preferring instead to prey upon emotions and deflect for reality and get the quick laugh or attention and become accessories to murder.

This is a possible example of irresponsible "journalism" and ignorance at its finest and most dangerous.

[edit on 7/11/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I think it just shows how powerful Coca Cola may actually be. If Ahmadinejad thinks that by banning Coca Cola it will make a difference on U.S. sanctions, Coca Cola mus be a serious player in the NWO.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Aside from it's actions in South American, and given Ahmadinejad's seeming dislike for, rebellion against, and resistance to all things NWO, I'd say it's a good possibility. His constant use of the word Zionist is probably referring to the NWO, or at least a subfaction of it.

People have different words for the NWO players or TPTB, depending on their experience, knowledge, history with it. Different words, same theory. Not always easy to tell. Some words seem to turn people off more than others.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Who cares???? you shouldn't be drinking that stuff it's bad for you.

I stopped drinking soft drinks for 3 months not and notice a big improvement on memory. I can think clearer. Not just that but lost alot of weaight so far lost 30 pounds.
Sodas have too much sugar and other crap with it. You should drop the soda and drink water or tea or juice.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
OP I would suggest you change your title, my first impression was that Coca Cola was tained/poisoned and I was sitting here drinking one.

Coke is poison.

Any evidence to the contrary?

Originally posted by computerwiz32
I stopped drinking soft drinks for 3 months not and notice a big improvement on memory. I can think clearer. Not just that but lost alot of weaight so far lost 30 pounds.

When I stopped drinking it, my cravings for cigarettes immediately stopped.

Never had one since.

[edit on 12/7/10 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Looks like Coca Cola is going to be in some more hot water soon.

(Reuters) - The Coca-Cola Co has failed to win dismissal of a lawsuit accusing the company of misleading the public through health-related claims on bottles of its vitaminwater beverage.

Lawsuit

posted on Jul, 25 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Theres a heap of information out there detailing Coca Cola human rights abuses and murder of unionists.

Mark Thomas travels to South America, India and the US to investigate the way in which Coca Cola operate, and uncovers evidence which could tarnish the reputation of the successful brand

www.liveleak.com...

Coca-Cola's Child Labor Abuses in El Salvador

www.youtube.com...

Mark Thomas - Belching Out the Devil

www.izles.net...

They are an appalling company, so it's easy to boycott their incredibly unhealthy products.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join