It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Promises Saudi King that Israel will Withdraw from Jerusalem, West Bank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Obama Promises Saudi King that Israel will Withdraw from Jerusalem, West Bank

www.israelunitycoalition.org

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama was said to have pledged to Saudi Arabia that the United States would force Israel to withdraw from eastern Jerusalem and the entire West Bank by 2012.

Diplomatic sources said Obama relayed a pledge to Saudi King Abdullah that he would take any measure to ensure an Israeli withdrawal from the West Bank and Jerusalem over the next 18 months. .. in exchange for Abdullah's help to arrange for the end of the Taliban war in Afghanistan.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Wow. This article explains a LOT of what has been going on lately. Some important excerpts:

The sources said the president, reaffirming what Holbrooke said, pledged to adopt the Saudi plan for an Arab-Israeli settlement, which called for full Israeli withdrawal to the 1967 borders, a Palestinian state and the return of Palestinian refugees to their homes in what was now Israel.

Since the Obama pledge, the sources said, the White House has rejected virtually every Israeli request for U.S. weapons platforms. They said Obama also delayed decisions by the former administration of President George Bush to deliver attack helicopters, air transports, bunker-buster air bombs and Hellfire air-to-ground missiles to the Jewish state.

The sources said the White House has assessed that Saudi cooperation was vital amid the Taliban offensive in Afghanistan and the dismissal of U.S. commander Gen. Stanley McChrystal. On June 23, McChrystal resigned in wake of a magazine article in which he and other officers criticized Obama's policy in Afghanistan and the president's lack of military experience.

“The president has sent constant appeals to Abdullah to obtain a Taliban agreement for a ceasefire that could result in the start of an American and NATO withdrawal,” the source said. “But Abdullah first wants Obama to deliver on his promise concerning Israel. He [Abdullah] wants results before the congressional elections [in November 2010].

The sources said Abdullah's impatience with Obama has been exacerbated by Saudi concern over Iran's nuclear weapons program. They said Riyad has been alarmed by Washington's failure to stop Teheran's ballistic missile and nuclear projects and instead pursue diplomacy with Iran.

“The Saudis are terrified of Iran, but they can't bring themselves to admitting that they need help,” the source said. “What they would rather do is publicly show how they are using Washington to do what Iran could never achieve — a full Israeli withdrawal to the 1967 borders without an Arab peace agreement.”

www.israelunitycoalition.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Excuse me, but did anyone else just hear Dear leader declare war on the izzies?
And if so, was it preceded or followed with a subservient bow in the direction of the wahabbis king of sauds johnson?
Any sabras out there that wish to give me the 411?

[edit on 10-7-2010 by mordant1]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

...was said to have pledged to Saudi Arabia..

Wow, for a second I thought this was breaking news, but it's from July 2 and is quite a different take from all the stories published in late June, which pretty much merely stated that they "discussed."

Is withdrawing to the 1967 borders something Israel would really go for?

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The source is pro-Israeli, isn't it?
Apparently ready to assume the worst.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
If it is true that Obama has been denying military hardware to the Israelis, it would make him the most patriotic president we have had in the past 40 years. I never thought I would see the balls for any politician to deny Israel anything. Next up, he could dismantle the CIA and DHS, that would ensure his bullet sandwich.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Israel will NEVER leave the west bank and Jerusalem...

Also, Obama will NEVER make any sort of action that would pressure Israel into moving.

Hell he tried to stop them from building new settlements, and Israel pretty much just flipped him the bird.

I wonder what the Saudi King's interest in that particular section of the Middle East is..

In any case, this is a bogus article IMO, there's no way that any of that would happen.

UNLESS, Israel does something really stupid.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
My guess that it is an attempt to scare UCI members into more action. No Israeli politician would agree to return of Palestinian refugees since it is automatically end of Israel in few months.
Just as no Palestinian leader would agree to abandon the idea of refugees return.
This is the real issue, not 1967 borders and not even Jerusalem partition, that is a tough problem by itself.
So it is very improbable.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I wonder if McChrystal's resignation has anything to do with this?

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Is withdrawing to the 1967 borders something Israel would really go for?

Nope... and, therein lies the rub. There are more than a few with the inclination to believe that the Gulf Oil "spill" was constructed by Mossad to warn Obama against this policy - I guess time will tell (perhaps).

[edit on 10/7/2010 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Ah, I think McChrystal's resignation probably had more to do with the fact that the military leadership as a whole probably doesn't really support amping things up in Afghanistan. Just an observation on timing and all.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Maybe, if he kept the money for those that earned it, and secured the borders instead of restricting access only to americans just maybe and on that single issue only. The money however is being sent to the chinese, other mid east states, lawyers, internationalist union bosses and international bankers and spent on making islumists feel better about their sense of superiority and eminent domain over all of us, so no, I dont think dear leader qualifies as a patriot

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Rediculous! Israel will just wait obama out. AIPAC will vigorously oppose his second term bid.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Sounds to me like Obama is trying to write checks his ass is just totally incapable of cashing, especially after destroying America's economy.

new topics

top topics

join