It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where/How to find paranormal activity? *Netherlands*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Im doing some research into the paranormal, and I am looking to hunt down paranormal activity..
Problem is, I live in The Netherlands, which is not a big ghost place, with other ATS Members around, if you are in Netherlands, feel free to U2U me (: be awesome to meet some fellow dutch-men or gals to perhaps one day, go research with on the paranormal.

So I am looking, for valid opinions, and tips, on how to find paranormal activity?

Are there places, where there is always or mostly alot of activity ? Like woods/water/grave jards etc. So yes, where? and why?

Do you have any tips, or knowledge to share, to help me on my way?
Or perhaps, safety measures that need to be taken, just in case.

Also, im currently not a millionaire, I dont have much equipment, but then again, do you realy need fancy technical toys? sure they can help, but I think we the most powerfull tool, is ourselfes.

Any other tips, personal experiences, love to hear it.

Thanks for taking your time, and helping me on my way.

[edit on 10-7-2010 by Impro]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
You don't have to be a millionaire to experience the paranormal.

I know of a number of places that are known for its unexplained phenomena.:

Het witte wief and the bloodstone near Ede. Although I've never seen or heard anything.
My experience is that the paranormal does not have to be searched for. It will find you.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Alright sinter-klaas, thanks for sharin your words.
Any more members wish to share their thoughts, feel free too^^

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I wish I could help, but I can't. I wish you good luck though. I might join the search one day, considering I'm increasingly getting interested into the paranormal.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonko
I wish I could help, but I can't. I wish you good luck though. I might join the search one day, considering I'm increasingly getting interested into the paranormal.

I see you from the Netherlands also, cool.
Yeh if you ever get realy intrested, just drop a U2U, its a facinating subject, I finds.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
You might find this helpful: theshadowlands.net...
I've never been to any of them myself, but it definitely seems worthwhile.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
As Sinter stated,

the paranormal does not have to be searched for. It will find you.

This is my expierience, too.

Also if you wanna visit places with a lot paranormal activity i would recommend to search some knot points of energy lines and places known for their higher magnetic resonance fields.
It is a scientific fact that your pineal gland produces '___', while you´re on this special magnetic fields. This might open your mind for some energies or entitys around this place.

A wonderfull place you should see, is in WestGermany, the "Externsteine"

Peace, love and light,
let u guide by the higher i...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
How to find active places?

Well, firstly you could put an advert in a newspaper or magazine asking for people who have experienced unusual things in their homes or who know of buildings that may be haunted. Once you have some info, contact the people and ask if they are willing to allow an investigation. You could also put in your advert that you are looking for likeminded people to join you.

Go to your local library, look up old stories of ghostly activity. Visit the locations mentioned and try to get a feel for the places.

Use the internet to scour for news reports and, again, old stories.

Visit tourist attractions such as castles, mansions landmarks etc. Ask the staff there if they have any experiences, if so, then contact the management to politley ask for permission to investigate.

Do private investigations. This means that anyone who requires help in understanding what's going on in their homes could be assisted by 'your team' to study any evidence you can capture. Such cases can be a good start to getting your team known in the area.

As for kit, start with the very basics.

This will include a torch (for those moments where you may get lost or health and safety require vision.
A digital recorder to record possible EVP's.
A K2 meter or Gauss master to find electromagnetic fields.
A video camera with IR capability, Zero lux preffered.

These items can be obtained cheaply and easily, especially on sites such as ebay.

Another source you may not have considred is battlefields. Places where a conflict has occured can retain much activity. Some areas of land can be largely made up of granite rock, which is believed to be able to retain certain energies and 'play them back', which then get mistaken for ghosts. It is called the 'stone tape theory'. Many buildings are made of granite too, and these often have stories of the same ghost walking down the corridoor at certain times of year.. commonly known as a residual haunting.

Health and safety is always a must.. so ALWAYS do a fully lit walkthrough of any place you intend to investigate. Know the area before you go in blindly stumbling.

I am a lead investigator for a paranormal team here in the UK. You will get lots of personal experiences, but that is all they are.. capturing them with a fancy technical toy is a buzz

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
hey im from tilburg and i am also looking for possible haunted places

i have been trough some narly things but i dont really know of any single spots except one but i have never really researched that spot since i think it was just my imagination

we did have one haunted house when i was little but they took the house down and built somthing else there (if i remember correctly it was a skate park that they built there) witch would put the haunted area near the albert hein xl unless there is another skate area in tilburg i dont know about or its been replaced by somthing else already

anyway if you collected any info of a possible haunted area i would like to know about it and if you dont want to go alone you can always ask me to join you

top topics

join