It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyborg Dyson Sphere

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Is the Dyson Sphere shells can utilizes organic materials(encased in artificial material for protection against extreme conditions in space) in order to used as new body for living organism that cheats death with mind transfer technology? (trust me! I'm only talking about ultra advanced civilization and this Dyson sphere don't just surround star, but also surrounds black holes like supermassive black hole)

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

I`ve got a flavour of what you are saying ..... i think .

Could you rephrase the question and/or statement.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Eh?

Thats some dope your smoking there mate!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
well i;ve read and re-read your opening post, i've googled 'dyson sphere' to see if i can get what your point is, i wonder could you elaborate further?
building one around a super-massive black hole?
what are you on about?
dooby

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll
well i;ve read and re-read your opening post, i've googled 'dyson sphere' to see if i can get what your point is, i wonder could you elaborate further?
what are you on about?
dooby

About something that can processes near-fathomless amounts of information at speed far beyond speed of light where the supermassive black hole that enveloped by this Dyson sphere provides 'godly' amount of energy that needed for this process and the nanomachines in that Dyson spheres uses Monoatomic Gold as superconductors used in their electronics.

[edit on 10/7/2010 by masonicon]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
points for concept, no points for clarity.

second line

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonicon

About something that can processes near-fathomless amounts of information at speed far beyond speed of light where the supermassive black hole that enveloped by this Dyson sphere provides 'godly' amount of energy that needed for this process and the nanomachines in that Dyson spheres uses Monoatomic Gold as superconductors used in their electronics.

That is quite a subject to get ones head around . And a difficult subject to express ones opinion on, if English isn`t your first language- as i suspect is the case with yourself - Masonicon.

Could the presentation of your thoughts culminate with a question ? It would make it easier for others to engage with your concepts .

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Is the Dyson Sphere shells can utilizes organic materials(encased in artificial material for protection against extreme conditions in space) in order to used as new body for living organism that cheats death with mind transfer technology? (trust me! I'm only talking about ultra advanced civilization and this Dyson sphere don't just surround star, but also surrounds black holes like supermassive black hole)

I agree.. no one knows what your talking about.. please clarify.

It appears to me you have a misconception about what a Dyson sphere is.. or would be since they are only hypothetical.

A Dyson sphere is a hypothetical megastructure originally described by Freeman Dyson. Such a "sphere" would be a system of orbiting solar power satellites meant to completely encompass a star and capture most or all of its energy output. Dyson speculated that such structures would be the logical consequence of the long-term survival and escalating energy needs of a technological civilization, and proposed that searching for evidence of the existence of such structures might lead to the detection of advanced intelligent extraterrestrial life."

The great advantage to a Dyson Sphere is twofold: One, the species inhabiting the sphere can theoretically use 100% of their sun's power, and two, the sphere's inner surface provides an enormous habitable area for, potentially, an entire species. In terms of figures, the Earth has a surface area of roughly 789 million square miles (assuming it where a perfect sphere), while a human-made Dyson Sphere would theoretically have an area of approximately 252 quadrillion square miles. If we assume that the habitable to non-habitable area ratio remains the same from the Earth to the sphere, our living space would be multipied some 319 million times. Of course, our population would also be much larger, but each citizen could still probably be gauranteed a good swatch of space if he wanted it.

Given this huge amount of space, humanity would be able to reestablish rain forests and other heavily damaged/destroyed ecosystems from Earth, and still have room for habitation. Large industrial complexes would ring the upper and lower portions of the sphere, using solar collectors to gather the energy necessary for all our large scale manufacturing needs (i.e. replacement sphere pieces, spacecraft, etc.) while fusion reactors or distributed solar power would provide energy for the populace.

So far as we know, no hypothetical Dyson Sphere uses organic matter inside their artificial shell material and if it did for what ever reason I do not see how that can be used for a new body to be transformed with mind transfer technology. The purpose of the sphere is to capture power from the Sun or Star..

Where does the mind transfer technology fit into the picture?

Now if your saying use the power of the sun to enhance mind transfer technology and transplant the human o alien mind into a new organic living being.. I suppose that's as plausible as the existence of the hypothetical Dyson Sphere itself.

(something tells me I am going to regret this post)

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

That's an interesting concept considering scientists are saying that we should be able to take a human brain and 'upload' it into a computer within the next thirty to fifty years. The only issue I see with, say, a type three civilization using their Dyson Sphere as a giant storage device around either a black hole or a star is that eventually either one would expire and while it's inside the sphere the sphere can't move. If they had some system of moving away from the star then they lose their source of energy.

Given that such a civilization might be able to, I think they would realize the logical errors in attempting such a huge engineering feat. They would be much better off building smaller self sustaining objects to store their consciousness in. Excellent concept either way, even if everyone else couldn't grasp the science behind it!

S&F!

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

what are you on about?
dooby

okay.
so, are you saying these dyson sphere contraption thingies actually exist?
i want to understand what you're telling us.
i'm confused.

dooby

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

I think stars are a "big" waste of energy (relatively) and harnessing that energy it is still primitive technology, even if it is done in space and on a large scale. I think advanced energy is taking a small amount of matter and squeezing a stars wort of energy from it...if that is even possible.

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I find it very easy to believe that in the far distant future something like a dyson sphere would be used not only as a mechanism for solar control, but as a vessel for a civilization that's undergone the process of optimizing its physiology, metabolically speaking, to exist as a black cloud (ala Freeman Dyson's "Time Without End"). Since entropy more than likely will result in the universe ripping itself apart as it continues to expand out towards infinity, we're very likely going to have to eventually find a way to imprint ourselves on massless particles.

Since you seem interested in the distant future and what it means for super-advanced sentience, I think you'd enjoy reading this paper.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Xtraeme]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex

That's an interesting concept considering scientists are saying that we should be able to take a human brain and 'upload' it into a computer within the next thirty to fifty years. The only issue I see with, say, a type three civilization using their Dyson Sphere as a giant storage device around either a black hole or a star is that eventually either one would expire and while it's inside the sphere the sphere can't move. If they had some system of moving away from the star then they lose their source of energy.

Given that such a civilization might be able to, I think they would realize the logical errors in attempting such a huge engineering feat. They would be much better off building smaller self sustaining objects to store their consciousness in. Excellent concept either way, even if everyone else couldn't grasp the science behind it!

S&F!

Do you hear that Cyborg Dyson sphere that around supermassive black hole are used as vessel(body) for the Anunnaki's Highest leader of it's multi-galactic superpower in order to provides it near-fathomless amount of IQ points and one of it's main powers are tampering with Quantum Physics

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

what are you on about?
dooby

okay.
i'm confused.

dooby

That's right, the main reason that the Anunnaki are needs gold is: used as room-temperature superconductor in Dyson sphere's nanoelectronics(in it's monoatomic form)

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
While I cannot grasp the concept that you are trying to relay, I do think that the subject matter of these Dyson Spheres is quite intriguing.

Perhaps your message would be more accepted, or at least understood, if you used a spellcheck and grammar check. There are many free non-downloadable ones online.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

what are you on about?
dooby

wow! how do you know they exist? i've never heard about any of this before. but it sounds very interesting.
what else can you tell us about the dyson sphere?
i dont know anything about any of this at all, would appreciate if you can take the time to clue me in.

D.

okay.
i'm confused.

dooby

That's right, the main reason that the Anunnaki are needs gold is: used as room-temperature superconductor in Dyson sphere's nanoelectronics(in it's monoatomic form)

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
If you are referring to what you think could be construed as a Dyson's Sphere being propagated just outside but around the event horizon of a black hole, then we are utterly at a loss.
First and foremost, the original concept is a staggering feat in and of itself, and the only chance of it ever being pulled off by our civilization would be to create a smaller micro sun. Either way, we are talking about a level of advancement the likes of which could only be dreamed about by our species.
A black hole is entirely different.
If our definition of black holes holds true and as fact they do exist as we understand them to, (unlikely) it should be possible to place something in orbit around one, outside the event horizon. Again, a creation of a smaller micro version would be more advantageous.
Keeping one stable however, not such a good idea.

Again, the possibilities of what you are referring to are so outside the scope of human understanding, we have little to no choice but to relegate such ideas to the realm of science fiction.

As far as self aware, self sustaining nano-bots with the accrued knowledge of entire civilizations existing inside of a Dyson's sphere, sure why not.
Since we're all jumping off the deep end with this thread.

[edit on 7/10/2010 by reticledc]

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by reticledc
If you are referring to what you think could be construed as a Dyson's Sphere being propagated just outside but around the event horizon of a black hole, then we are utterly at a loss.
First and foremost, the original concept is a staggering feat in and of itself, and the only chance of it ever being pulled off by our civilization would be to create a smaller micro sun. Either way, we are talking about a level of advancement the likes of which could only be dreamed about by our species.
A black hole is entirely different.
If our definition of black holes holds true and as fact they do exist as we understand them to, (unlikely) it should be possible to place something in orbit around one, outside the event horizon. Again, a creation of a smaller micro version would be more advantageous.
Keeping one stable however, not such a good idea.

Again, the possibilities of what you are referring to are so outside the scope of human understanding, we have little to no choice but to relegate such ideas to the realm of science fiction.

As far as self aware, self sustaining nano-bots with the accrued knowledge of entire civilizations existing inside of a Dyson's sphere, sure why not.
Since we're all jumping off the deep end with this thread.

[edit on 7/10/2010 by reticledc]

I'm only talking about the alien race that called the Anunnaki that have around for eons and have science and Technology 'beyond farthest reaches of imagination' and they are Very real, and the Dyson sphere that we are talking about are mostly Matrioshka Brain or Jupiter Brain in terms of function albeit in the galactic scale

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Once again, you are referring to things which no one has a grasp of, let alone any evidence.
Trawling for content is counter productive.
Unless you have something substantial to add, I see no reason to continue the banter or otherwise.
You need to communicate in a more cohesive manner.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by reticledc
Once again, you are referring to things which no one has a grasp of, let alone any evidence.
Trawling for content is counter productive.
Unless you have something substantial to add, I see no reason to continue the banter or otherwise.
You need to communicate in a more cohesive manner.

The only evidence about real Dyson sphere so far are: Cygnus Bubble

<<   2 >>

join