It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello, I am the Universe.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by IsAllInAll1

I am a part of the Universe, therefor I am the Universe. Care to prove me wrong?

*cracks knuckles* While individual parts make up the whole, it is foolishness to assume each part IS the whole, since this would cause a breakdown of almost all states of existence. Gears in a clock are NOT a clock. The oil pan nut on a car is NOT the car- it serves it's purpose and has it's own name. Even the big, wide universe, as a whole, and even discussed last night as being like a 'simulation'- while each part has it's function as part of the universe- it is NOT *the* universe. You're nothing but a small part in a large piece of machinery. Assuming otherwise doesn't make it so any more than sitting in a garage and making vroom vroom noises makes you a car.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsAllInAll1
You (I) created yourself.

How did I (you) create yourself (myself)?

You (I) are the infinite void you imagine was before you, so technically you have always existed.

If I (you) have always existed, then why did I (you) have to create yourself (myself)?

You were always "something" even when there was "nothing" at all. The concept of "nothing" and the concept of "something" are both entangled together and can not be separated by any force because they are one object, YOU (me). This concept of "nothing" and the concept of "something" created a great paradox of what we call existence. This paradox created infinite possibilities. YOU (me) are every possibility.

I (you) think that "nothing" is a myth. There is substantially enough "something" to warrant the understanding that "nothing" exists as an idea that "something" has to consider but in one form or another, "something" exists therefor "nothing" can be ruled out as being just an idea.

In a pure void, a reality of "nothing" there is no substance, no existence by which something could have come from. It would be for all time, all eternity forever be nothing. Something did not come from nothing, something always existed. There is no nothing / something paradox. Just an idea that something came from nothing, or nothing came from something.

Should I be more clear?

How did you (me) come to the conclusion that you (me) are the Universe, and everything that has existed, does exist and will exist? What was your (my) wake up call? And what evidence do you have to support your (my) belief?

[edit on 11-7-2010 by YouAreDreaming]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Please do not create minimal "me too," "I agree," or similar very-short replies.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by launch001

How about you post on topic, and let staff do the Moderating. If you see or think there is a problem use the Alert Tab at the bottom of every post.

Sauron

[edit on 13/7/2010 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

No need to be more clear.
Considered running for a political office?
Pantheism is a very old religion.
When coupled with malignant narcissism
yields obtuse overinflated sense of self importance.

You are intoxicated with the excessive extent of your verbosity.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Welcome to the Black Hole (ATS) that is soon to consume you. As the dark matter surrounds you do not be alarmed, we have a name for it (troll).

Enjoy your time here, look foreard to seeing you in the threads.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
hello, i am alaskan man

welcome to the site, you seem like you will fit in nicely.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I (we?) am speechless. That was very beautifully put... but I suppose I already knew you (we) were going to put that, huh?
It will be very fun to get to know you (me, us).

top topics

<< 1   >>

join