It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists are worried about killer methane release

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

I find people like you horrendously disturbing.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Several Good Threads already exist with this same source and much much more. It is a real concern, with a lot of science backing it up, but lets keep it to 1 or 2 threads please.

Here is the very first and most informative thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And here was a pretty decent follow up from another angle.

And another:

I suggest closing and redirecting this thread to those.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The more I read, and I try to read everything, there is just so much to be concerned if not scared to death about.I see a lot of people slamming the obama admin. and for once I agree. Is this not a "clear and present danger" to our nation?Sure I haven't seen enough about this methane bubble to freak out about it,but I have seen more than enough here and on anderson coopers 360 and others to wonder why the government hasn't stepped in long before now.The figures I and most of you have seen on corexit just seems like another attack on our nation.I could be wrong I have been many times before,but the numbers don't lie.Is it going to take deaths numbering in the millions before someone takes over?There has to be a better way.It is unthinkable to me that this has gone on this long.So they are farther out than the law allows for us to step in but if they are(and it seems they are) taking an action that not only doesn't make sense, IT'S DANGEROUS AND PROVEN SO, doesn't TPTB have to do something? they have families too, some of them in the affected area.I don't know maybe I really am naive,But when I joined the U.S.M.C. I swore an oath to defend this country from ALL enemies foreign and domestic,doesn't this fall under both categories?Except for the methane release I am sold on the hazards of this catastrophe,it'real and maybe I'm just dumb but isn't it constitutionally our responsibility to do something?What I don't know,I'll leave that to the smarter ones on ATS to come up with some workable plan.All I know is my home state is dying and my adopted home Roswell,NM isn't far enough to be safe,for that matter according to the "worst case" scenarios posiibly the world ain't safe how can this keep up.I feel stupider every day.I, among others served this country, now it's their turn and where are they.I feel like I wasted 8 years serving a country tha can allow thyis to continue.I don't have the answers and every day I have more questions.I DON'T want an extinction level event but even that seems likely and all I see on the news is lebron,lindsey et al but nobody seems to do anything ,they just want their little slice of heaven,uninterrupted and peaceful.....none of this makes sense.I am starting to feel hopeless in the face of this and I'm not even home anymore.I just hope and pray the worst doesn't come.Though in situations like this it usually does.Like I said mybe I'm just dumb.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
I find people like you horrendously disturbing.

I can imagine I'm the enemy in the eyes of most humans here on Earth. I hear that a lot from those that aren't on natures side. Rooting for nature in the face of her enemy, her attackers, her abusers, her exploiters .. humanity .. has never been popular around Earth humans.

Go GAIA! Teach humanity a thing or two about respecting nature!

You know what I find disturbing? People that want to keep trying to bleed the Earth, mine the Earth, trash and destroy the Earth, because that's their job. Their JOB? Blah, humans BE GONE! Make it so, GAIA, rip a big one for them all. What a fitting end to humanity, to be farted upon by nature and then set ablaze like we were last nights meatloaf, ha.
Failing that, I'd love to see a predator species from outer space come to Earth and make a lunch out of humanity, ha.

You know what? I'm going to go eat some beans now for lunch and do my part to help mother nature out here.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ptmckiou

Whatever is in store, my immediate concern is another Katrina in the gulf picking up all that mess, oil and toxics, and heading up to Texas and Arkansas. I can't imagine what that toxic mix will do to our crops and gardens.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

OK, all of nature is competing for resources. Humankind is only one of many. Right here in my own back yard I battle Hydrilla taking over Wacissa and Wakulla Springs and choking the life out of it, and I battle Kudzu vine that even Round-Up Brush Killer won't kill. Its only natural enemy is Kudzu-eating Goats! The Kudzu has killed off my honey-suckle, my blackberries, and torn down my fence!

Now, I have seen many people give a simple suggestion for people like you that call for the end of mankind. You go first. Simple enough, put your barrel where your mouth is. Lead by example. One less hungry parasite on Gaia.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
OK, all of nature is competing for resources. Humankind is only one of many.

Humanity has gone far beyond necessity when it comes to competing for resources. THAT is where the line was crossed and war was declared upon nature. Even among the human species itself, 20% are gobbling up 80% of the planets finite resources. That 20% needs to be STOPPED by whatever means necessary if the rest of you 80% want to avoid being the last to be eaten.

I hope this catastrophe in the gulf teaches humanity something about respecting and living in harmony with nature. Right now nothing has been learned. Drilling continues all around the world, and that 20% is still lavishing excesses upon themselves.

I would prefer this catastrophe NOT go to waste. I want it to scare the living hell out of humanity so that they will NEVER be tempted to abuse and exploit the planet or nature ever again! Failing that, then be gone with 89% of them, for the sake of the planets future! I want to see REAL change! I want to see humanities crusade against nature blow up in their faces.
Seriously, if they refuse to stop all this, that is what I hope happens!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

But you ignored my examples. Humans are not the worst offenders. Hydrilla in the Wakulla Spring is choking the life out of the 3rd largest freshwater spring in the world!! They truck literally tons and tons of that stuff out of the water every day!

Just 5 years ago the Wacissa Spring System of 8 springs 10 miles from my house was clear and pristine as it had been for millions of years. Now less than 5 years later all but 2 of the springs are completely covered in Hydrilla, it is almost impossible to boat through, it is running off the fish and the native plants.

Humans are parasitic in nature, but we are not the worst form of it. People tend to think that other things in nature are harmless and live in harmony, and that is not true! Nature is the law of the jungle. Only the heartiest survive. Things go extinct all the time, without any input from humans. In many cases human fight a losing battle of preservation. In many cases humans try to stop the devastation that nature does to itself!

I think "burning" up all of our oil is ridiculous, because most of our plastics, chemicals, and pharmaceuticals come from petroleum resources. If we burn it all up just driving around aimlessly, then we won't have those resources to use for other industries.

Still, no matter how stupid and preventable this BP disaster was, and no matter how much I hate those 1% PTB at the top, and no matter how much I hate those 20% of people "consuming" all the resources, I still choose to side with my own species. I do not want humankind to go the way of the dinosaurs! I want my great-great-great grandchildren to be enjoying life as much as I am. In spite of all the doom and gloom on ATS and the news, and despite my money woes, and my #ty job, I still had one hell of a weekend, and I still love my wife and kids and friends and brother, and we are gonna do it all again this weekend!!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
This is the BEST NEWS I EVER READ. If this happens , it means riddance from the bloodthirsty genocidal americans who are murdering muslim babies merciliessily in Iraq,Afghanistan and christian babies in Serbia , alongside the IMF , plundering third world nations .

Allah is going to destroy you with your greed. Death to america

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sadchild01

Wow. If you think all Americans are on some blood-thirsty quest to kill your families you need a reality check. At worst, most of us are guilty of ignorance. The ones that overtly hate are very few and far between. The average person has enough of his own BS to worry about to even give plotting the deaths of innocents a second thought.

Hate with specifity if you must. Don't generalize. I have no ill will or feelings toward any race, culture, etc. But you specifically are on your way to earning a place on my a-hole list.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sadchild01

In America we do it like this. If you threaten us, if you call for jihad, if you call for death to infidels, you better mean it, because we are not going to sit over here and wait and see if you are serious.

You say it, we react, preemptively and with overwhelming force. So don't say it just to look cool to your friends or your political party, because you soon will be wearing your words.

Don't feel special, we do the same thing to each other. If someone says they are going to kick my arse, then I hit them. No use waiting to see if they mean it. If someone threatens to shoot us, we shoot them first.

Don't get your panties in a wad. We are not genocidal, we are just proactive. Somebody threatened us, as soon as they apologize and change their view, we will take our foot of their necks!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Study of the northern gulf of mexico done by woodshole study date is 2004. there is nothing under the crust but methane.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

LOL, what you gonna do when mother nature decides to attack you? Preemptively kick her ass too?
Try it.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
reply to post by getreadyalready

LOL, what you gonna do when mother nature decides to attack you? Preemptively kick her ass too?
Try it.

LOL! Mother nature doesn't threaten. She rumbles a little and gives you a chance to run for your life, if you're lucky. Preemptive action means having spare blankets, spare water, and a full tank of gas!!

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Existing thread here:

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

<< 1   >>

join