It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo Of The UFO That Shut Down The China Airport!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

From the source:

But it was not the proper time to publicly disclose the information because there was a military connection, he said, adding that an official explanation is expected to be given on Friday.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
"Move along people, nothing to see here, just a weather balloon"

[edit on 8-7-2010 by croweboy]

[edit on 8-7-2010 by croweboy]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GobbledokTChipeater

reply to post by Wolf321

Thanks guys
but for some reason, the link does not work on my end, any one have an alternative working link

link   
reply to post by Bachrk
[more

Good observation - it looks as if the power line is going right thru the rear. Maybe because it is so bright on the bottom of the vehicle or what ever it is it just blurred it out. Article says it is military related. Guess we have to wait til Fri for more info.

link   
I remember hearing about sightings in Illinois of a large flat rectangular craft with lighted windows on the sides. It made me think of that.

+29 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
It's a long exposure of what looks like a helicopter.

Which would match up with what the article says about it involving the Chinese military.

So, I wonder why a Chinese military chopper was hovering near the airport?

I wonder how a "helicopter" could be "unidentified".

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This will end being reported at a string of chinese lanterns comming in.

Good find, OP!

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieJesus

I don't have another link but I can copy and paste the whole article for you

An unidentified flying object (UFO) disrupted air traffic over Zhejiang's provincial capital Hangzhou late on Wednesday, the municipal government said on Thursday.

Xiaoshan Airport was closed after the UFO was detected at around 9 pm, and some flights were rerouted to airports in the cities of Ningbo and Wuxi , said an airport spokesman, who declined to be named.

The airport had resumed operations, and more details will be released after an investigation, he said.

A source with knowledge of the matter, however, told China Daily on Thursday that authorities had learned what the UFO was after an investigation.

But it was not the proper time to publicly disclose the information because there was a military connection, he said, adding that an official explanation is expected to be given on Friday.

Inbound flights were diverted to the nearby airports in Zhejiang province's Ningbo and Jiangsu province's Wuxi. Outbound flights were delayed for three to four hours.

A staff member at the airport's information desk said the airport had "no idea" how many flights were affected by the closure.

At around 11 pm on Wednesday, a netizen wrote three entries announcing the airport's closure in

his microblog at Sina.com, but they were all soon deleted.

He posted an apology at midnight, saying the news had not been confirmed and asking those who had republished his earlier entries to delete them.

Source

[edit on 8/7/10 by GobbledokTChipeater]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
UFO disrupts air traffic - You Tube

Here's a video with supposed footage.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by GobbledokTChipeater

Thanks

I've tried 3 different browsers, so maybe peopledaily just doesn't work in America

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Easy.

It wasn't a commercial aircraft and probably didn't identify itself to the control tower.

That's why it was unidentified.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Whatever it was, it was sure emitting a lot of light.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare

Wow...thanks for the video!! I bet the explanation will be very dissapointing so let's enjoy this why we can.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
From the Photo and Video, it looks like Space Junk breaking up through re-entry.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Easy.

It wasn't a commercial aircraft and probably didn't identify itself to the control tower.

That's why it was unidentified.

Surely it would be fitted with transponder that recognises it as Chinese?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
So how does a military helicopter fly over an airport without permission or notifying the Tower? That could potentially endanger hundreds of lives.

Meh... we'll probably get a very dull explanation. Exercises. Or something.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Judging by the official footage..... failed rocket test number 5 in a series of ?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
S & F to OP

Here's the english translation of the youtube.com video:

"This is a Google Translation into English of the event ) Yesterday morning, the reporter contacted the first time in Hangzhou Xiaoshan International Airport, Nguyen, director of the media perimeter, he confirmed to reporters, at 8:45 p.m. on the 7th to 9:41, all suspended all flights airport, and the reason is indeed UFO over the airport found due.

" He told reporters, the first to discover the unknown object is a flight crew, "At that time, about 8:40 or so, an aircraft about to land at the airport, the crew suddenly sent a message to the air traffic control department, said the airport over the a UFO. "

In view of security considerations, airport, air traffic control department immediately asked to stop all flights out of Hong Kong flight, stop for up to an hour.

" Nguyen perimeter, said The affected 18 flights, of which, departing flights 6, 12 inbound flights, "Unable to land incoming flights have been arranged in Ningbo, Wuxi airport landing and departure of Flight delays also forced more than three to four hours. " droidzilla.blogspot.com...

No matter what it is still a UFO (unidentified flying object) in the traditional sense, at least as of now; by tomorrow it could be an IFO (identified flying object) if the Chinese release that
info as indicated......

[edit on 8-7-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
that's a pretty epic picture.

someone please post more information on this.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
Surely it would be fitted with transponder that recognises it as Chinese?

Exactly, a military helicopter would have a transponder onboard by law and it should respond to ATC automatically.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join